Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Rebecca Heineman's Dragons of the Rip (formerly Dragon Wars 2)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Now we know the reason. :lol: They made peace!

And she say this will not affect DotP DotR:

Last edited:

Shevek

Arcane
I am rooting for this lady. If her pitch is decent, she will have my pledge.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, I put this here than the Bard's Tale threads.

Heineman registered domains related to Bard's Tale on May 31st.

bardstale2.com
bardstale3.com
bardstale4.com :roll:
bardstaleii.com
bardstaleiii.com
bardstaleiv.com

All redirects to Olde Skuul site.

edit:

And descentiv.com was registered on February 1st. Come to think of it, in the Dragon Wars GOG stream, she said they pitched a new Descent game to Interplay, but it also didn't work out well. (Obviously.)

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The first episode of Burgertime, featuring Apple II GS and Mountain Dew!

The content is mostly technical things.

02:40 Shows off her Apple II GS.
10:00 Source code and build for Space Ace for II GS.
15:10 Ultima 1, The Bard's Tale, Tass Times in Tonetown for II GS.
18:03 Back to Space Ace. She will post the source code of Space Ace to her GitHub in a few days.
28:26 Q&A, technical things.
43:00 Her life as a (fanfiction) writer.
49:20 About Dragons of the Rip. She say that she is doing 'what if I did Dragons Wars IX,' 'what if I kept iterating over it after Dragon Wars.' And they have a huge list of TSR D&D writers.
- Some Q&A after that; what Apple II emulator you are using, how to breaking into the game industry...

(I skipped many of the technical parts so I may have missed some interesting antidotes :oops: anecdotes and things there.)

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
She needs to come up with a better name than Dragons of the Rip. :M

Unless she can fully explain how that name makes complete sense.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
They already explained it. It's supposed to be about some rifts ("rips") in space that take you to different realms, or something.

Still, it's a stupid name.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Dragons of the hip. Everytime I hear this I think on hipster dragons wearing lumberjack shirts and having solar panels on the wings to not harm the enviroment with green house gases.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah, that's probably true. It does sound a bit too much like Rifts™. There just has to be something better than Rip.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The full name is even better:

wztMVtK.jpg

paper_shredder_21819295.jpg

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Shredworlds sounds a bit too much like Crapworlds. Crapworlds: Dragons of the Crap?

I wonder how Old School they really are, I hope that they will pitch a game with traditional charming 2D graphics. Do we know anything about this yet? It could spice up things and make them stand out more compared to other modern blobbers like BT4, M&MX and LoG.

I have the hunch that its going to be a weak pitch, they do not seem to have any pull whatsoever, but if they pitch a blobber with great 2D graphics they gonna get a bunch of bucks from me, thats for sure.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope that they will pitch a game with traditional charming 2D graphics. Do we know anything about this yet?
No, but I vaguely recall seeing a prototype video for the next game Becky was working on (?) after Dragon Wars (?) back in the day - a fake 3D third-person adventure RPG type game. I can't find it because searching for Dragon Wars 2 videos is getting me nowhere. It looked horrible, but the point is that it seems she also thought 3D was the next step. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Anyway, I agree 2D would be great but I'm not holding my breath.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom