Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Meanwhile RDR 1 on xbox one x got 4k patch

Deflowerer

Arcane
Yeah, the setting will unfortunately push me to d1p, even though the game is prolly popamole.

:negative:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him.

Plundering cities mount and blade style with a small group ?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So far probably the best upcoming game in 2018, lets see at E3 what Cyberpunk and Bethesda will show

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Seems the euphoria physics from gta 4 and rdr 1 are back..... gta v had some arcade shit only which most people did not like

pL05ZDq.gif

Keppo

Arbiter
Rockstar is only company that I rate when it comes to AAA muh-narrative games.

but narrative in their games is shitty. GTA V narrative was laughable. "We dont need good writing when we do everything over the top, edgy, unrealistic it would work anyway its part of our retarded Taranhackino-esque universe- Rockstar Games." GTA V was fun to play at the start, i enjoyed it a lot but when the story started to go nowhere with shit writing and shit characters and retarded events, when i was already tired with driving, shooting and occasionally flying in forgettable story missions the magic was gone and i forced myself to end it.

Divinity: Original Sin
well, I've played RDR 1 on PS3. Recently, I saw it working on a 4k TV on xbox one, and boy, game look amazing as if it's new. Why rockstar won't release it on PC?

I just want one of those gameplay trailer like they did with GTAV at this point. They show off little hints of stuff, the fist fighting looks more fleshed, seems going to the theatre is a thing, but that first trailer was back at the end of 2016 and I just want to see how shit works now.

I didn't really like the last Red Dead, shooting wasn't all that good, attacking hideouts was largely uninteresting, you burned through everything shops had to offer too quickly, it didn't do anything at all with the whole idea of your character wanting to start a ranch despite some stuff at the beginning feeling like a tutorial for when you have a ranch, the whole game mostly just felt like a series of mini-games...and none of them were polished enough for a game that is just a series of mini-games scattered around a open world sandbox.

All I want to see now is if the card game mini-games are as fleshed out as some stand alone poker video game, if the bank robbery stuff allows for the flexibility of some like PayDay 2, and if attacking a hideout is handled as nicely as MGSV. I guess now I also want to see how their melee system works; is it Batman style, or is it going to be Def Jam: Fight for NY, Urban Reign, and Yakuza 3D Beat 'em Up (like Bully) style.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope they add some more sandbox stuff... that matters. RDR was a good game, but you basically just ran from cinematic dialogue to the next with nothing in between. And I really hope they fix their god damn economy for once. You always get rich so damn fast in Rockstar Games, while the characters keep complaining over how poor they are while sitting on a million bucks. The black guy from GTA 5 and Nico from GTA 4 are two examples of this.

Last edited:

Abhay

Augur
The situations (scenes) in the trailer shares a striking resemblance to a movie that unfortunately I can't exactly recall by name. It's an old western movie, certain not a Sergio work, but a different director. I wouldn't be surprised if the story was also the same from the movie.
Am I the only one who immediately saw the similarities to the movie? I hope someone points to the name of the movie.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I always skim through these boring movie trailers now. This did nothing for me. I just wanna know if it's gonna play/control poorly, like GTA V. I'm fairly sure the story won't be good.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
HERE WE GO BOIS:

Can rob people
Dialogue choices
NPCs will react differently depending on your behavior, appearance, actions
You can pour coffee and check up on your gang
You can care for your gang and be rewarded for looking after them
Small scale robbery with Bill was shown
Demo took place in New Hanover (Handover?)
You can watch farmers herd animals, bugs in your ears
Demo was on base PS4
You can skin animals. It’s graphic, you can either drop the carcass or put it on your horse
Animals shot can be injured and attempt to escape. You can follow trails of blood to find the animal and then kill it.
Meat and animals will rot.
Amount of meat is based on how you kill it. Arrows will get you the most whereas weapons like shotguns won’t.
Your bond with your horse will result in different behaviors. If it’s strong, it’ll stick with you during gunfights
Your weapons will be stored on the horse. Take care of it. If it dies, you’ll have to start the bonding process over with a new horse
If injured, your horse can bleed out. If you wait too long, the horse can die.
The robbery takes place in Valentine. Not clear if it’s free roam, side mission, or story mission
Continuous camera, not different angles and shots. You can watch everything from one single camera angle.
Dead Eye returns. Camera angles change depending on how you kill the person using Dead Eye
In the robbery, someone shot Arthur’s hat and it fell off into the mud. You can return to the town and pick it up
You groom and feed your horse, calm it when agitated and it stays put when you dismount so you must be nearby to call it. You can grow a bond with your mount that makes it respond better to what you want it to do and makes it more relaxed
You can react to people in different ways I.e when meeting someone 'Greet or Antagonise'
Large carcasses rot if left out too long which equals less pay
You also get more reward for a clean kill (arrows) from butcher
Deadeye is basically the same as old game
Horses carry your weapons and they won't run off cliffs or do stupid things like before
You can affect the mood at camp by making sure they have enough food, resources which affects morale if positive they will be dancing, singing and telling stories
Your hat can fall off and you have to go back and pick it up or buy a new one
New camps will be made often as the law heats up on Dutch
There is a huge level of choice in the game which will define who you are in the gang

81SRH1s.jpg

k54BWmU.jpg

Enkg1WC.jpg

iyk9Hor.jpg

2tJykNS.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom