Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

sullynathan

Arcane
With Max Payne 3 gameplay, RDR 2 will officially be the best open world crime game.

Stella Brando

Arcane
RDR 3 looks to present America at it's most idyllic, a virgin paradise of untamed plains, rivers, waterfalls and mountians; visited only by pioneers, outlaws, mountain men and indians.

It'll be the armchair hiker's number one choice.

sullynathan

Arcane
With Max Payne 3 gameplay, RDR 2 will officially be the best open world crime game.

dude, you literally know next to fuck all about the game...
do you want to argue that Max Payne 3 isn't the best third person shooter of all time? We already had a thread about this and the Kodex Konsensus was that it is.

toro just like Dark Souls 3, you will come to agree with me.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane

dude, you literally know next to fuck all about the game...
do you want to argue that Max Payne 3 isn't the best third person shooter of all time? We already had a thread about this and the Kodex Konsensus was that it is.

toro just like Dark Souls 3, you will come to agree with me.

I haven't played MP3, so I can't argue with you on the matter. From what I gathered when I looked into it to determine whether or not I should buy it was decline (which is why I haven't played it) but I can't confirm that for myself.

certain genres focus on gameplay and have good mechanics. Rpgs can't say the same.

I'm a gameplay fag and there are plenty RPGs that gave priority to gameplay that surpassed or equaled the focus on story and whatever else.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
A buddy of mine used to get toked up and then go on long slow rides into the Mexico area of the original. He must be stoked about this.

All I want of these assholes is to make the original available for pc. Never understood why we got bully but not this.

I haven't played MP3, so I can't argue with you on the matter. From what I gathered when I looked into it to determine whether or not I should buy it was decline (which is why I haven't played it) but I can't confirm that for myself.

It has really fun shooting but fucks up by bombarding you with cutscenes which hurt the pacing and replayability a lot. To add to the insult the game loves to switch your weapons after cutscenes which is just infuriating. Sully is wrong, Max Payne 1 and 2 are superior third person shooters. But 3 is worth a playthrough if you can get it for cheap.

sullynathan

Arcane
wtf? I'm right. I just ignore the fact that the game has a shit ton of cutscenes and wait through them. MP3 is more challenging and fun to play than both of its predecessors so it's better than them.

Ash

Arcane
Talking about the best third person shooter is like talking about the tastiest turd.

Eh, there are some worthwhile TPS. Almost never modern ones, as they're all :popamole: naturally. Like FPS (and pretty much every game genre out there) they went into decline in the mid-2000s.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
they went into decline in the mid-2000s.
There were third person shooters before then?? The only tps I've ever enjoyed was Hidden & Dangerous which was a real game for real men. Then the genre turned into crap for dudebox dudebros.

Ash

Arcane
they went into decline in the mid-2000s.
There were third person shooters before then?? The only tps I've ever enjoyed was Hidden & Dangerous which was a real game for real men. Then the genre turned into crap for dudebox dudebros.

Yes, tons. P cool ones at that. Earliest TPS I recall is Fade To Black (1995), which was shit amazing by today's standards I guess, but that's the first from memory.
they never really kicked off on PC much as that was the realm of the FPS, but there are some TPS I would consider classics today.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Flashback, which itself was inspired by Another World.

Says here the game was received well. To be honest I never did give the game the chance it may or may not have deserved in the form of actual lengthy play time and progression to later levels. I owned it around 1998 and had other TPS and FPS which probably influenced how I perceived it as a kid, which is unfair considering it was one of if not the first 3D TPS. Either way revisiting it via Youtube it doesn't seem like such a loss. Still looks cool though.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Yeah I never saw another person in the world talk about it. I figured I was the only one who owned it. I also liked some game around that time called Oni which was 3rd person fighting/martial arts. Sure there are some I'm forgetting. But yeah the Xbox signalled a new era of dumbness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom