Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
And again, no PC release?

That's great Rockstar, now kindly go fuckurself with a rusty razor, you dickless bunch of bitchtrash!

I hope your shitty console game bombs!

Stella Brando

Arcane
The game is just too cutting-edge, dynamic and innovative to appeal to the PC market (whose favorite game, after all these years, is Minecraft).

Think of it this way: a console is the Clint Eastwood of gaming machines; a PC is Woody from Toy Story.

Modron

Arcane
The game is just too cutting-edge, dynamic and innovative to appeal to the PC market (whose favorite game, after all these years, is Minecraft).

Think of it this way: a console is the Clint Eastwood of gaming machines; a PC is Woody from Toy Story.
What are you trying to do reverse psychology on rockstar or something?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The vast majority of their sales are always on console, so their strategy is to milk that market first, and then release the game again on pc at full price for even greater profit once discounts start happening on consoles.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Like for the first game?

It's known that RDR never came to PC due to the messy state of the code base. We also know that R* has a seperate studio dedicated making PC ports. Since then we've seen Max Payne 3 and GTA V come to the PC. I don't see why they wouldn't want to tap into this enormous market. Have you seen GTA V sales on SteamDB? Over 7 million.

They *will* port this to PC.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
GTA4 wasn't the greatest technical achievement on PC either, but that was during the "PCs are dead, PC gamers don't have to be your audience" era.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I wouldn't fully discount the possibility of this game materializing on PC at some point, but that will only happen onve they've done milking the console market. So, maybe something akin to PC version of GTA V.

PC sales are small beans for them, given their status as a veritable pop culture phenomenon and the amount of money they move on consoles. Not to mention that concurrent PC release could do more damage than good, via damaging console sales thru piracy. (same goes for direct confirmation that PC version is happening at some future date, as good chunk of people will just wait to pirate the game on PC rather than buying it on console).

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
If lying to yourself makes the lack of PC version easier for you, then feel free to knock yourself out...

Ezekiel

Arcane
Really expected a different name.
Same. I still prefer my title, Red Dead Damnation, about an outlaw who gradually loses his humanity, the reverse of John Marston.

I'll wait for the PC version. If it doesn't come, big deal. I preferred Max Payne 3 over RDR and GTA 4/V anyway.

TC Jr

Scholar
First game had a great atmosphere and the graphics were good, honestly though the only two things it's got going for it. Gameplay-wise though it's inferior to games like Gun. I hate the fact rockstar took the cinematic route with all their games, GTA iii, VC & SA are still fun to play, whereas iv, v and even these rdr games, after one playthrough you're essentially finished, no organic fun during the open world sections, just scripted "random" encounters.

The MC was a fag too, typical good guy with bad past, boring as fuck story.

Rev

Arcane

Yeah sure, tell that to GTA V which sold more than 7 M copies only on Steam (it's not a Steamworks game, so the overall is higher), despite the fact that the game came out 1.5 years after the original release, and it's still selling a shitload of copies.

And before some retard says "lol, the game sold 50 M on consoles, 7 M is nothing compared to that", GTA V sold those copies on 4 platforms, if you compare the PC version sales with the current-gen consoles sales there's not a big difference.

sullynathan

Arcane
Yeah sure, tell that to GTA V which sold more than 7 M copies only on Steam (it's not a Steamworks game, so the overall is higher), despite the fact that the game came out 1.5 years after the original release, and it's still selling a shitload of copies.

And before some retard says "lol, the game sold 50 M on consoles, 7 M is nothing compared to that", GTA V sold those copies on 4 platforms, if you compare the PC version sales with the current-gen consoles sales there's not a big difference.
Game has sold 80 million in total. I'm sure the PS4 numbers are much higher than PC and it keeps growing

Paul_cz

Arcane
RDR 2 will come to PC later obviously. Rockstar saw how many people bought GTA5 twice, some even three times, with the platforms spread out (old consoles, new consoles, PC) so they want to tap into that moron double/triple dipper market again. Hence pretending PC does not exist at all. They will announce PC version some 6 months after the console one releases.

They are cunts.

But I still like their games. And GTAV, eventhough it took its sweet time, had a fantastic PC version at least.

sullynathan

Arcane
RDR 2 will come to PC later obviously. Rockstar saw how many people bought GTA5 twice, some even three times, with the platforms spread out (old consoles, new consoles, PC) so they want to tap into that moron double/triple dipper market again. Hence pretending PC does not exist at all. They will announce PC version some 6 months after the console one releases.

They are cunts.

But I still like their games. And GTAV, eventhough it took its sweet time, had a fantastic PC version at least.
like the first game

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-2s-release-window-doesnt-matte/1100-6450287/

Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Take-Two, doesn't give a shit about the release date:

"For a title like this, I don't think the launch window really matters," he said when asked about a potential summer 2018 release for the highly anticipated action game.

"Red Dead Redemption went out in May and was an extraordinarily successful title," he said. "Consumers are consuming entertainment year-round now; they don't stop in the summer months. We believe that if you give people an extraordinary experience, they will show up for it."

He gets it.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I've long gone off Rockstar games since GTA 4. RDR & GTA 5 virtually played themselves, and this is gonna have to be significantly different to entice ne.

This. In spades. There's been a scandalous decrease in gameplay difficulty going on of late with Rockstar.

Wait what, there was ever a challenging Rockstar game?! O.o

Ohhhhh. I get it. You equate those funky helicopter controls of earliel games as the challenge. Igettit.

Falksi

Arcane

Ohhhhh. I get it. You equate those funky helicopter controls of earliel games as the challenge. Igettit.

Challenging? Debateable, but at least the likes of Vice City felt interactive and fun. Since GTA 4 they've become movies/life Sims. I did one part of a GTA 5 mission literally with my eyes closed because of the targeting system.

sullynathan

Arcane
I'm sure the PS4 numbers are much higher than PC and it keeps growing

Are you saying Rockstar don't care about the 15 to 20 million units sold on PC simply because the PS4 sells more and therefore RDR2 won't be released on PC?
I somehow doubt they sold 15 - 20 million on PC. Either way, Red dead didn't sell as well as GTA. The past 3 GTA games have outsold Red Dead Redemption.

Challenging? Debateable, but at least the likes of Vice City felt interactive and fun. Since GTA 4 they've become movies/life Sims. I did one part of a GTA 5 mission literally with my eyes closed because of the targeting system.
The targetting system is literally the same in every 3D & HD GTA game. They've always had lock-on, it was just shit in the 3D games.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I somehow doubt they sold 15 - 20 million on PC. Either way, Red dead didn't sell as well as GTA. The past 3 GTA games have outsold Red Dead Redemption.

7 million units sold through Steam alone. It's safe to say the Rockstar Social Club version at least doubled that, since it was always cheaper than Steam version on key sites.

And of course RDR didn't sell as well as GTA. Almost nothing sells as well as GTA :retarded:

But yeah, I'm sure you're right and Rockstar are not interested in making money, that's why they made console tards double-dip on GTA V :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom