Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Hot Overdrive - New free game inspired by 90's racers

neilsouth

Augur
0.jpg

I'm not usually one for writing articles at midnight, but when I checked out Red Hot Overdrive by AprilSkies I knew my readers would be in for a treat. For those of you who remember games such as Outrun or Lotus on the Amiga, this is one of those games. A third person racing experience that takes us back to the gaming 90's with cool weather effects, great music and the thrill of the speed.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/10/red-hot-overdrive-impressive-free-racer.html

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
looks like atari outrun or pole position with turbo outrun graphics but none of its other improvements.... kinda meh.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, played until the rocky track (after the ice scenario) and just got bored. I know it's free and all but it's pretty simple and hardest difficulty (a.k.a. 'Chuck Norris' - lol) is not hard enough despite the IA blatantly cheating (turning the car in the same direction as you at the same exact time to prevent passing)

:1/5: for nostalgia - would not play again.

EDIT: also brolapsed neilsouth :shunthenonbeliever:

A user named cat

Or just grab an emulator and play a real 90's racing game.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Another genre dieded by the advent of 3D. Good fucking riddance or :negative: ?

neilsouth

Augur
What impressed me the most was that an adventure creator can be used for a racing game!

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I love the effort.

But this game is terrible. Sorry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom