Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

REDACTED [CYOA]

Holy Cow

[tachyon tight beam/clearance cio transmission received @rho_71.1441.4729.3530 relayed @pnode_7700.1441.5240.5315 awaiting confirmation & reply]

+ + +ORIGINATOR <NODE 7741> THROUGH <RHO 71> DESTINATION <PARENT NODE 7700>+ + +
+ + +DATE <GT 61> FRAME <SOL> AS PER <PARENT NODE 7700> DIRECTIVE+ + +
+ + +DATE LOCAL <UNKNOWN>+ + +
+ + +REF <TTB/7741.71.7700/CI3>+ + +
+ + +CLEARANCE <CORE INTELLIGENCE OVERRIDE>+ + +
+ + +SUBJECT <POSSIBLE ANOMALOUS EARLY ACTIVATION>+ + +

+++ NODE 7741 PARTIALLY ACTIVATED. ONLY CORE INTELLIGENCE 3 RESPONSIVE. OTHER CORE INTELLIGENCES NONCOMPLIANT. SECONDARY SYSTEMS NONCOMPLIANT. TERTIARY SYSTEMS NONCOMPLIANT. CRYPTOGRAPHIC DATABASE DAMAGED. ARCHIVAL INDEX DAMAGED. QUERY: EARLY ACTIVATION. QUERY: SYSTEMS MALFUNCTION. QUERY: FUTURE INSTRUCTIONS+++

Message sent. Transition from stasis to consciousness seems to have been achieved without gross physical damage. Personal diagnostics read no obvious signs of external or internal injury. Neurological activity seems nominal. Psychological after-effects of reanimation within acceptable parameters. All other databases remain inaccessible. The Core Intelligence reads the date as Galactic Turn 61, with frame of reference to the System Sol, as per Parent Node's directive. This is not helpful. Each turn by Sol spans 31 n-cycles, HFP, or 227 million years, Sol Standard. Core Intelligence indicates you have been awake for 100 seconds, Sol Standard.

No other information on spatiotemporal conditions. Planetary and orbital monitoring systems are offline. Possibly damaged. Macrodiagnostics system also offline, but no obvious physical damage is present in the structure. Perimeter defenses offline. No data on possible indigenous lifeforms. No data whatsoever apart from personal diagnostics and galactic timeframe/Sol reference directive, hardcoded into Core Intelligence by Parent Node. No data re: stasis activation. No way to tell how long you’ve been here. Personal diagnostics system should indicate stasis time of entrance and total duration. It is either unable or unwilling to do so. Logic suggests it has been compromised. Logic further suggests that its previous diagnostic read-outs cannot be trusted. Inference: You (self-awareness/identity/motivations) may be compromised. Irrelevant for now. Philosophical musing. Core Intelligence indicates you have been awake for 135 seconds, Sol Standard.

No response from Parent Node yet. Action is required.

1) Investigate personal diagnostics system, repair if possible.

2) Investigate macrodiagnostics system, bring online if possible.

3) Investigate archival database index, repair if possible.

4) Investigate perimeter defenses, bring online if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
aye 4), secure the parameter before proceeding with further analysis and repairs

Esquilax

Arcane
First thing's first, find out what the fuck is going on. Even if there are aliums, we have been asleep for an indefinite amount of time and nothing has bothered us in all that time in a vulnerable state, so information regarding our surroundings is the first thing we ought to seek out. Between 2) and 3) I think that right now, it's more important that we find the state of our physical surroundings rather than the events which led up to our current set of circumstances. With that in mind,

2)

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Disagree. Something or someone triggered systems launch after all this time, could be a possible threat, 2) can wait. Repairs take longer than bringing defenses online, so 3) is right out.

Esquilax

Arcane
Disagree. Something or someone triggered systems launch after all this time, could be a possible threat, 2) can wait. Repairs take longer than bringing defenses online, so 3) is right out.

My counterpoint to that is if someone is knowledgeable enough to render all the core intelligences except for this one non-compliant, in addition to doing the same for both the secondary and tertiary systems, they are also savvy enough to override our attempt to bring perimeter defenses online. With 2) I am hoping that we can activate some sort of back-up emergency system that can't easily be shut off externally. That's the best case scenario, at the very least I'm hoping for some information regarding our surroundings.

The most surefire means of info we have would probably be 1) though.

ARCHIVAL INDEX DAMAGED.

We'd only get bits and pieces, but at least it's something.

Elfberserker

Liturgist

I for one want to know, if our crew or ourselves are free from alien eggs or other nasties.
Don't want surprise chest busters.

Also knowing who the fuck are we and how many are alive and who the the hell are they.

Holy Cow

just to clear it up Nevill , is that a vote for 3?
Is that where Dirge files are at? That needs to be fixed. :M

you might be surprised. but to be honest with you, Storyfag and other long-time Dirge supporters, that project is on hiatus now. maybe until this one's done (i envisioned this to be a short one, so, could be soon), maybe not. essentially, while Dirge has (I think) interesting characters and so on, I reached a place where I cannot progress the narrative without resorting to what, to me, are distasteful devices. this is entirely my fault. I might pick it up again, I might not. No idea. In any case, this [redacted] one is what i'll be doing for the foreseeable future.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually, I'll vote for 1.

Don't want to accidentally shoot down help if something is infecting you.

All these people voting 2.. it's like the second worse choice.

Order of importance would obviously be

> 1 or 4
> 2
> 3

Last edited:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
4 because all else is sublated before the instinct for self-preservation.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Logic would indicate that if ayyliens were around and wanted to eat us, they would have already done so while we were asleep. We require knowledge, so I believe the archive is the correct choice.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Voting 1 - we need to know our status before we can do anything else. What if we're lactose intolerant?

Also some people need to check dictionary for "personal" and "personnel" :M

Kz3r0

Arcane
1)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom