Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Remember Me

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
So the word on this game is that it is surprisingly good. Not worth $50 ofcourse, but what game is?

Not sure about the memory gimick, but the drawing point to me seems to be the exploration and unarmed combat parts, with good animation and environmental graphics.

Anyone here give it a shot? Morgoth?

DeepOcean

Arcane
So the word on this game is that it is surprisingly good. Not worth $50 ofcourse, but what game is?

Not sure about the memory gimick, but the drawing point to me seems to be the exploration and unarmed combat parts, with good animation and environmental graphics.

Anyone here give it a shot? Morgoth?
Well, I didn't played but I was interested as well until I read more about it, major flaws people mentioned: 1) Linear and railroaded, no exploration, 2) The memory gimmick is really underutilized, appearing only four or so times in the entire game and even when it appears is underwhelming, 3)combat is a crappier version o the crappy system they used on Batman Arkham Asylum, easy and repetitive as fuck, 4)Hand holding to extreem.

Think on an entirely linear, low budget Assassins Creed but with a chick with hot ass and that is all about it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire, X-COM: UFO Defense, Darklands, Wasteland, Fallout, Fallout 2, Quest for Glory I-IV, Space Quest I-VI, King's Quest I-VI, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, Indiana Jones et al., X-Wing, Wing Commander, Wing Commander 2, Wing Commander 3, Wing Commander 4, Wing Commander: Privateer, Dungeon Master, Planescape: Torment, TES II: Daggerfall, TES III: Morrowind, et cetera and so on ad nauseum.

This game is absolute shite according to absolutely everyone who breathes. Where are you getting your information from?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Absolute nicest I've heard about the game was that it was a great idea that was executed poorly. Basically all the gameplay elements have been ripped whole-sale from other AAA games, like the Assassin's Creed and Arkham series, and are shallow at best. Even the big gimmick of the game was barely even featured more than a handful of times.

Doesn't stop fat fucks like Tom Preston blaming it's failure on STUPID SEXIST GAMES WHO HATE STRONG LIBERATED WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not sure where you heard that word because it's pretty awful.

In what way? Have you actually played it?

And please list your top 5 games of the past ten years.

List also your top 8 pc games of all time.

If you actually question whether or not this game is shit you don't deserve my credentials, sir.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At least do Codex the courtesy of locking/deleting threads you start about shit games. Or is that not possible? Better solution: stop making threads about shit games.

aleph

Arcane
Anyone here give it a shot?

I picked it up during the Christmas sale, and it is exactly what you said. Decent, and worth one playthrough. Art design is amazing, story decent and gameplay okayish. Not worth full price but okay for maybe 15$. If you look at screenshots and the art does nothing for you, don't play it , otherwise you might give it a go.

And yes it is pretty linear.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
repressedhomorainbow.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom