Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Replaying favorite games or trying new ones

What do you prefer?

• Replaying your favorite games numerous times

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Trying/searching some new (or missed old) games

Votes: 58 84.1%

• Total voters

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I do both but I don't have much free time nowadays so I cannot replaying older games much. Just got enough time for another Shattered Lands walkthrough in january.
Itching for a Sacrifice and/or Dark Omen replay nowadays.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess I'm the same way as most people who've posted - I used to spend more time on replaying games when I was younger (as I actually had to go out of the house to get new games!), but recently I've mostly been playing new games or classics that I've missed.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I've replayed New Vegas far too many times. Numbering on 30 or so.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
There was a time when I played many new games. Then as I got older I found myself replaying my favorite games many times. It's not just nostalgia, since I replay them and enjoy them, but I think that at some point you connect with certain games that left a big impression on you and you don't find newer games that interesting, except for special cases. Also :fucking decline and shit, everything was better back in tha day:

I've replayed Deus Ex, Fallout, Bloodlines, BG2 and PST many times and when I want to just have some murderin fun I load up some nice Doom wads.

Xeon

Augur
I used to replay all games, Suikoden V for example I replayed it 12 times. that's the max I replayed a game.

Now days I feel content with one playthrough. I still replay old games but if I do so, I play them every 4-6 years to get a fresh feel of the game.

subotaiy

Cipher
There was a time when I played many new games. Then as I got older I found myself replaying my favorite games many times. It's not just nostalgia, since I replay them and enjoy them, but I think that at some point you connect with certain games that left a big impression on you and you don't find newer games that interesting, except for special cases. Also :fucking decline and shit, everything was better back in tha day:

I've replayed Deus Ex, Fallout, Bloodlines, BG2 and PST many times and when I want to just have some murderin fun I load up some nice Doom wads.

That's pretty much the case for me too; almost every year I play Gothic 1/2Notr and PST. From the most recent ones, Dark Souls is the only one, wich i went through almost 4 times.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I'll play almost every one over, unless I am just trudging through the game to get it over with/I paid too much to just let go. I remember slogging through the final half of DA:O and hating every minute, but I paid full price, so I was going to see it to the end. That game just never got to me. However, I still play U9/U8/U7 quite a bit. All has been dependent on how broke I was when first playing, or my current willingness to try new things. If all I have money for is one game, I'd play the shit out of it.

Now, with Steam and a lot of games under $10, I just don't beat games to death like I used to.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I used to focus on replaying favorites, but since I discovered GOG.com and the Codex, I've built up a large back-log of earlier titles I missed.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I replay games a lot, though I try to find good old games that are worth playing. With very few exceptions I don't go out of my preferred genres (RPG/adventure) because every time I've "tried something new" it's been totally terrible.

Gregz

Arcane
I've been playing cRPGs for 25+ years. 9/10 of them are shit, no point in playing bad games...just get old enough so you forget how they end, and replay them every year or two. :cool:

New games worth playing, like KoTC and M&B:WB, do come along from time-to-time however.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I have a bunch of games which i regularly replay every once in a while. I prefer replaying than buying new garbage. Only buy on sale or from those indie bundles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom