Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Republique

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Funding for the project has gone into the kind of freefall nose-dive that'd make an Ace Stuka pilot shit his flightsuit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/486250632/republique-by-camouflaj-logan

Smug hipster much? As far as i'm aware it was hideo kojima's coffee bitch and now his name's being thrown about various rags/sites like he's mr big bollocks..

Gimp, touch controls.

Teeny bopper "i neeeeeeed yooouuuu" slut protagonist called "hope".

Fighting big brother from your fucking iOS device of all things.

And about six mentions of his game being an "experience" on that KS page alone.

Dude....

bezarker_is_the_boss.gif

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
it's a discussion forum, i don't know if you've noticed but we tend to ponder gaming related shit in GG.

And if you've got a problem with me, then say so.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well at least they're giving copies of their game for people kickstarting it (presuming it gets made) unlike that other one with the kids and the lawyer bills.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Well at least they're giving copies of their game for people kickstarting it (presuming it gets made) unlike that other one with the kids and the lawyer bills.
And this what does it mean?
They already have a publisher, the Kickstarter is the condition the publisher set, the estimate cost is 1M$, they have to raise half of it.

Angthoron

Arcane
And this what does it mean?
They already have a publisher, the Kickstarter is the condition the publisher set, the estimate cost is 1M$, they have to raise half of it.
I meant http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...lopers-did-with-your-kickstarter-money.71274/

And wow, so first publishers demand Metacritic scores, now they demand Kickstarter funds? They catch on fast!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I suspect we'll be seeing more kickstarters like this in the near future. It's like a dream for publishers, they get to offset production costs and gauge consumer interest in one package. Time will tell if the public will ever play along or if they'll all end up like republique and police warfare.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Any one who would fund a game that is then going to be funded by a publisher is completely an idiot. It's no difference other than yes, the dev cost is cut down. But it will still be a shit game. The publishers and their marketing departments ARE the problem.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

So, this just got released, and has turned out to not be such a disaster, at least for the world at large. Kenneth likes playing iOS games so he's written about it: http://wtfblog.ultimacodex.com/2013/12/19/republique-launches/

Republique Launches

I backed Republique, which is out as of today, on Kickstarter back in May of 2012. I’ve been waiting a long time to see it come out, and…well…here it is:

Initial reviews at Polygon and TouchArcade are highly positive, with both seeming to agree that the finished product does in fact deliver on the promise made during the Kickstarter campaign, namely that Republique would be a AAA-quality game designed for touch-input devices. Being a proponent of mobile gaming, and of smartphones as significant, powerful gaming platforms in their own right, I simply had to back the project during its crowdfunding campaign; this was — is, now, and hopefully will be going forward — a keen demonstration that smartphones could be used for so much more (gaming-wise) than manipulating farm animals or flinging birds at pigs.

What’s on the Apple App Store right now is just the first chapter in a series of five.Exordium tells the story of Hope, a young woman imprisoned in a dystopian surveillance state, who with the help of a hacker named Cooper attempts to escape captivity. The player doesn’t control Hope directly; she responds to directives from the player, but the player mainly controls doors, cameras, and other systems that can be hacked into. These, in turn, can be used to plot out routes and action plans for Hope, among other things.

And it sounds like the developers are just the right kind of cheeky, as well:

Exordium has an unexpected, quirky sense of humor. This is most obviously displayed in Cooper, who talks (using text-to-speech and elaborate emoticons) about being a reclusive nerd that gets picked on for having an extensive video game collection. Throughout the game, you can collect Cooper’s “game cartridges” — all of which are real-life iOS titles — that come along with a brief explanation of Cooper’s infatuation with them. It’s a funny, weird and kind of clever bit of character building, and cartridge even comes with a link to the app store if you’d like to download the game. The fourth wall shattered further when Cooper started talking about how episodic gaming is the best — and when I discovered a collection of popular Kickstarter campaign posters in his office.

Polygon does note that this Unity-powered game occasionally experiences AI and control issues, although not so often as to be game-breaking. The length of the campaign is, according to different reports, between 3 and 6 hours long, and has lots of bits of content to acquire along the way that add to the story of Hope and the 1984-like world she is trapped in.

The voice cast is pretty excellent, too.

Windows and OS X versions are on the way in the near future, but if you have an iOS device (iPad 2/iPhone 4S or better), I’d encourage you to spend the $4.99 and pick this one up. More than most, it’s a keen demonstration of just what kind of gaming is possible on a mobile platform.

Tigranes

Arcane
If people can start making mobile games that aren't dumbed down stimuli injection candy crush shit then it can only be a good thing. I'll try it once it goes to Android at some point.

Bitcher1

Cipher
Experience 112, anyone? So the players get to stroke their dicks with one hand while protecting their waifu (who we can already see will make sure to express her gratitude at every turn) from harm with the other. One touch gaming indeed.
Exordium has an unexpected, quirky sense of humor. This is most obviously displayed in Cooper, who talks (using text-to-speech and elaborate emoticons) about being a reclusive nerd that gets picked on for having an extensive video game collection. Throughout the game, you can collect Cooper’s “game cartridges” — all of which are real-life iOS titles — that come along with a brief explanation of Cooper’s infatuation with them. It’s a funny, weird and kind of clever bit of character building, and cartridge even comes with a link to the app store if you’d like to download the game. The fourth wall shattered further when Cooper started talking about how episodic gaming is the best — and when I discovered a collection of popular Kickstarter campaign posters in his office.
:dead:

Kz3r0

Arcane
:necro:

So, this just got released, and has turned out to not be such a disaster, at least for the world at large. Kenneth likes playing iOS games so he's written about it: http://wtfblog.ultimacodex.com/2013/12/19/republique-launches/

Republique Launches

I backed Republique, which is out as of today, on Kickstarter back in May of 2012. I’ve been waiting a long time to see it come out, and…well…here it is:

Initial reviews at Polygon and TouchArcade are highly positive, with both seeming to agree that the finished product does in fact deliver on the promise made during the Kickstarter campaign, namely that Republique would be a AAA-quality game designed for touch-input devices. Being a proponent of mobile gaming, and of smartphones as significant, powerful gaming platforms in their own right, I simply had to back the project during its crowdfunding campaign; this was — is, now, and hopefully will be going forward — a keen demonstration that smartphones could be used for so much more (gaming-wise) than manipulating farm animals or flinging birds at pigs.

What’s on the Apple App Store right now is just the first chapter in a series of five.Exordium tells the story of Hope, a young woman imprisoned in a dystopian surveillance state, who with the help of a hacker named Cooper attempts to escape captivity. The player doesn’t control Hope directly; she responds to directives from the player, but the player mainly controls doors, cameras, and other systems that can be hacked into. These, in turn, can be used to plot out routes and action plans for Hope, among other things.

And it sounds like the developers are just the right kind of cheeky, as well:

Polygon does note that this Unity-powered game occasionally experiences AI and control issues, although not so often as to be game-breaking. The length of the campaign is, according to different reports, between 3 and 6 hours long, and has lots of bits of content to acquire along the way that add to the story of Hope and the 1984-like world she is trapped in.

The voice cast is pretty excellent, too.

Windows and OS X versions are on the way in the near future, but if you have an iOS device (iPad 2/iPhone 4S or better), I’d encourage you to spend the $4.99 and pick this one up. More than most, it’s a keen demonstration of just what kind of gaming is possible on a mobile platform.

I will never take this game out of the brown, no matter what people says.

Kz3r0

Arcane
And this is AAA+ journalism level of defamation and servirude:
Polygon does note that this Unity-powered game occasionally experiences AI and control issues, although not so often as to be game-breaking.
Yeah, all Unity's fault, choke on doritos retard.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/05/republique-pc-release-date/

PC version coming February 26th, upgraded to Unity 5 engine.

République Remastered will be sold as a season pass sort of thing, launching with the first three episodes and receiving the last two when they’re done. It’ll cost $19.99 (£13) for the first week after launch, then go up to $24.99 (£16-ish). Windows and Mac; Steam, Humble, and GOG.

Oh hey, G oh G.

Comparison screens (iThings vs PC)
9a7fc5_5436b9a4b4d942b0a5ae9a438982e5cf.png_srz_p_1420_392_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

9a7fc5_ce2c7568d2eb49ac99fda5db199c10d0.png_srz_p_1420_392_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom