Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Requesting a small change to the ignore function

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Codex is slowly but surely becoming unreadable for me as I add members to my ignore list for endorsing, purchasing, and/or playing Fallout 4.

Although this has on the whole greatly improved the quality of my Codex experience, it turns out that approximately half of the forum membership are now popamole console game enthusiasts; some of them have started "important" megathreads that I can no longer view, despite being subscribed to said threads.

I propose that the ignore function be altered such that threads can still be viewed even if they were started by members currently on someone's ignore list.

kazgar

Arcane
I propose that the ignore function be altered such that threads can still be viewed even if they were started by members currently on someone's ignore list.

Would be better if only subscribed threads can still be viewed even if started by members on someone's ignore list. I assume for most people would want to miss the threads of someone they ignore. Subscribed threads could be the exception.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Will remove ignore function. Solve problem.

Why don't you deport F4 enthusiasts to RPGWatch instead? #PrayForBlackIsle

You almost didn't fail at making Fan Made Fallout. Don't fail entirely by letting the Codex fill up with popamole decline enthusiasts. Think of your legacy!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Will remove ignore function. Solve problem.
Please add all staff and not just moderators to "cannot be ignored" list.
This way, I can make sure that the Gospel of Todd reaches all ears.
17.jpg

Lemming42

Arcane
You added me to to ignore for playing Fallout 4, but I seem to have been taken off your list now. The only explanation I can come up is a Looney Tunes-esque scenario in which I played the game so hard that you tried to ignore me twice but clicked un-ignore when attempting to ignore me the second time.

Either way, it's a great honour to have somehow survived the purges.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
It's not enough to simply ignore the Bethesda subforum, you apes. I'll still have to interact with these people, possibly without even knowing that they're Bethesda fans. That's a real violation, and is nearly as bad as sticking your hand down your date's pants and finding a vagina instead of a penis... wait, is that right? Yeah, seems about right.

You added me to to ignore for playing Fallout 4, but I seem to have been taken off your list now. The only explanation I can come up is a Looney Tunes-esque scenario in which I played the game so hard that you tried to ignore me twice but clicked un-ignore when attempting to ignore me the second time.

Either way, it's a great honour to have somehow survived the purges.

Yours is the first post in the SJW megathread in GD.

A user named cat

ignore list is for fags, haven't read a single FO4 thread yet
No kidding. I seriously didn't even know it existed until recently and do not care, I don't know anything about it other than it looks just like retarded FO3. Will never play it and don't give a shit who does.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I still don't understand why anyone would choose to spend their time playing Fallout 4. Can you really not think of a better way?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
The Codex is slowly but surely becoming unreadable for me as I add members to my ignore list for endorsing, purchasing, and/or playing Fallout 4.

Although this has on the whole greatly improved the quality of my Codex experience, it turns out that approximately half of the forum membership are now popamole console game enthusiasts; some of them have started "important" megathreads that I can no longer view, despite being subscribed to said threads.

While I agree on the shameful FO4 display, this sounds to me like you're advocating for dumbing down C&Cs, which makes you a popamole too... :deathclaw:

Hold fast to your faith brother Blaine

The Sons of Cain gather strength with each passing day. Soon we will emerge from the shadows and cast down the degenerate Fallout 4 apostates, ushering in a new golden era of moral purity and RPG orthodoxy on the Codex. Praise be His name.

T9H06a6.png

made

Arcane
The solution is Bethestard tags for everyone with more than, oh I don't know, 25 posts in the Beth subforum.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The solution is to bring back rainbow fisting so you can show people how you really feel.

Because just typing what you really feel is teh hard?

What are you, some kind of popamole consolefag Fallout 4 player?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom