Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Requesting a small change to the ignore function

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
To quote racofer, ignore function is for pussies who can't stand the heat but refuse to leave the kitchen.

Mustawd

Why are the Fallout 4 threads not simply exiled to the General Gaming forum? I mean from the little I've seen of the game it's obviously just an FPS with RPG elements. Fucking Farcry has more RPG elements than F04.

EDIT: And if you enjoy a good FPS, then fair enough. But it's not an RPG. Idiots...

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The Codex is slowly but surely becoming unreadable for me as I add members to my ignore list for endorsing, purchasing, and/or playing Fallout 4.

Although this has on the whole greatly improved the quality of my Codex experience, it turns out that approximately half of the forum membership are now popamole console game enthusiasts; some of them have started "important" megathreads that I can no longer view, despite being subscribed to said threads.

I propose that the ignore function be altered such that threads can still be viewed even if they were started by members currently on someone's ignore list.
You either go all in or you don't. slightly poking it with the tip, or rubing... Should not be allowed.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Deleted member 7219

The ignore function is for people who are too weak and sensible to face the cold, hard, world. OP should remove himself from a reality he cannot cope with.

edit :
Wait...
Who's Ignoring taxalot...
#
Username Posts
1 1451 774
2 codexian reject 389
3 Kz3r0 17,469
4 Nikaido 488
5 Raapys 4,288
6 Sankarihauta 113
7 twincast 168

I do not get this. I am absolutely the less controversial people around here.

1451, Kz3r0 and Nikaido ignore most people on the Codex so you can automatically disregard their ignoring of you.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I do not get this. I am absolutely the less controversial people around here.
TBH I remember you mostly from Adventure, where you're one of those Old Man Murray retards. Though none of the people ignoring you are regular Adventure dwellers so IDK.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Hold fast to your faith brother Blaine

The Sons of Cain gather strength with each passing day. Soon we will emerge from the shadows and cast down the degenerate Fallout 4 apostates, ushering in a new golden era of moral purity and RPG orthodoxy on the Codex. Praise be His name.

T9H06a6.png
The infidels will be as sheaves to our blades of incline, brother.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Your great and holy master St. Cain played a lot of Fallout 3, so it wouldn't exactly surprise me if he takes a liking to Fallout 4 too (and it would in fact amuse me a great deal). Anyone checked his Steam recently?

I sense that the faith of his loyal followers may soon have to endure some terrible tests of strenght..

DraQ

Arcane
The Codex is slowly but surely becoming unreadable for me as I add members to my ignore list for endorsing, purchasing, and/or playing Fallout 4.

Although this has on the whole greatly improved the quality of my Codex experience, it turns out that approximately half of the forum membership are now popamole console game enthusiasts; some of them have started "important" megathreads that I can no longer view, despite being subscribed to said threads.

I propose that the ignore function be altered such that threads can still be viewed even if they were started by members currently on someone's ignore list.
Choices and Consequences.
:M

made

Arcane
Almost 5k posts and all I have to show for it is SCO and some nobody with 0 posts of his own. I gave this place my best years FFS.

Your great and holy master St. Cain played a lot of Fallout 3, so it wouldn't exactly surprise me if he takes a liking to Fallout 4 too (and it would in fact amuse me a great deal). Anyone checked his Steam recently?

I sense that the faith of his loyal followers may soon have to endure some terrible tests of strenght..

After witnessing Avellone struggling to get past the tutorial area in Arcanum for longer than it takes for playing the whole game, you'd think the Codex would learn to include a spoonful of salt in their ritual worship ablutions in honor of the RPGods.

Alex

Arcane
Will remove ignore function. Solve problem.

And now the Forum moderators themselves may, in a limited way, be coming to understand the importance of freedom. We hear much from the private forums about a new policy of reform and openness. Some political prisoners have been unbanned. Certain foreign rpg news forums are no longer being redirected to. Some game reviews have been permitted to be written with greater freedom from forum admnistration.

Are these the beginnings of profound changes in the RPG Codex? Or are they token gestures, intended to raise false hopes in the forum members, or to strengthen the moderator system without changing it? We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and forum quality go together, that the advance of posting liberty can only strengthen the cause of RPGs. There is one sign the moderators can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace.

Dark Underlord Velociraptor, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the RPG Codex and other RPG news sites, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this thread! Mr. Velociraptor, close this functionality! Mr. Velociraptor, tear down the ignore function!

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony RPG developer's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
The false prophet Avellone is the storyfags' golden calf. Those idolaters will be cast into the fiery lake of derp right along side the mole poppers. And in playing Fallout 3 Tim, peace be upon him, is studying the works of the Great Deceiver so he may better undo them in the final battle. Great is His suffering for our sins.

Ninjerk

Arcane
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony RPG developer's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
The false prophet Avellone is the storyfags' golden calf. Those idolaters will be cast into the fiery lake of derp right along side the mole poppers. And in playing Fallout 3 Tim, peace be upon him, is studying the works of the Great Deceiver so he may better undo them in the final battle. Great is His suffering for our sins.
Great Deceiver Answer for thy crimes, miscreant!

whatevername

Arcane
Please add all staff and not just moderators to "cannot be ignored" list.
This way, I can make sure that the Gospel of Todd reaches all ears.
17.jpg

That won't matter shit, you can still easily end up with these guys in adblock
rpgcodex.net##li[data-author="Trash"]
rpgcodex.net##li[data-author="idonthavetimeforthiscrap"]

Murk

Arcane
Apparently I'm being ignored by DawnrazorDCLXVI

I have no clue who that is, or what I did to upset them.

Side note: whatevername -- given your avatar and messages #, I'm afraid you can never post again and must now make an alt.

titus

Arcane
Patron
That won't matter shit, you can still easily end up with these guys in adblock
rpgcodex.net##li[data-author="Trash"]
rpgcodex.net##li[data-author="idonthavetimeforthiscrap"]
Or, to do what Blaine asked and show their threads but ignore their posts
rpgcodex.net##LI[id*="post"][class*="message"][data-author="DarkUnderlord"]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom