Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Requesting a small change to the ignore function

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I guess I cause very little butthurt.

Who's Ignoring Cowboy Moment...
#
Username Posts
1 balmorar 866
2 Captain Iglo 0
3 Jools 7,093
4 SearchEngine 158

I assume balmorar ignored me after I ignored him, which I did to be able to read the Screenshot thread in peace. No idea about any of these other people. Why must you spurn me so, Captain Iglo?

But yeah, remove ignore list, we don't stand for this echo chamber bullshit here on the Codex.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm probably one of the biggest proponents of "the ignore list is for pussies." However, that position is based on the notion that a lot of people use the list to ignore anyone who says things they don't like or who simply disagrees with their precious opinions. I have never and will never put any of the forum feminists, SJWs, furries, communists, or libruls on ignore for being disgusting degenerates, for example.

FO4 enthusiasts are something quite different. A sizable chunk of this forum is shamelessly neck-deep in decline's ground zero. If there was ever a poster child for the decline, Bethesda's "Fallout" reboot is it.

This isn't debatable, it's not just a matter of opinion, it's not about wanting an "echo chamber" (no one can agree on anything here; what total nonsense)—wallowing in pure decline is anathema to what the RPG Codex should be about. It's not just the game itself (although that's part of it), but also supporting Bethesda Softworks, their products, and what they stand for. Anyone who advocates the game, even as a distracting time sink, or who supports Bethesda Softworks doesn't deserve a place at the table.

Since this is all a big joke to the Codex administration, and they don't mind turning into the next RPGWatch, I'll be using scripts and browser add-ons to purge these people from my Codex experience in lieu of the inadequate ignore list function.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Yeah, this thread surprised me. I thought Raapyst was made of sterner stuff. Probably side effects of shoutboxing with faggots like communard and Eyeball all day.

As for Blaine, he's just trying to stir things up in his amusing dark humour way. (He's right about Fallout 4, though).

As for how ignore is functioning, I have nothing to complain about. Though a reset would be hilarious now and then.

Raapys

Arcane
I think we can all agree that FO4 players on the codex should be banned one and all, or at least be confined to only a popamole portion of the forum(and kept far away from my box).

All my own ignores come from visiting a FO4 thread this summer and quite rationally ignoring everyone who posted in the first three pages of that thread. I might also have ignored a few shoutboxers talking about FO4 24/7 around the time of some FO4 trailer thing.

If anything, my list should be the default ignore list for new account registrations. Young and hopeful people join our boards every day in the hopes of escaping the popamole, yet the first thing that meets them is the sight of decline spreading even unto these holy grounds. It's time for change. Don't remove the ignore list function, remove the reason for needing it in the first place. Remove Bethesda.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think we can all agree that FO4 players on the codex should be banned one and all, or at least be confined to only a popamole portion of the forum(and kept far away from my box).

All my own ignores come from visiting a FO4 thread this summer and quite rationally ignoring everyone who posted in the first three pages of that thread. I might also have ignored a few shoutboxers talking about FO4 24/7 around the time of some FO4 trailer thing.

If anything, my list should be the default ignore list for new account registrations. Young and hopeful people join our boards every day in the hopes of escaping the popamole, yet the first thing that meets them is the sight of decline spreading even unto these holy grounds. It's time for change. Don't remove the ignore list function, remove the reason for needing it in the first place. Remove Bethesda.

I think I posted one edgy comment insulting FO4?

Oh well.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
First they came for the Ignore Feature, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Snowflake.

Then they came for the Bethtards, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Popamole.

Then they came for the Weaboos, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Child.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
If you are a snowflake popamole faggot, the internet is full of other places to receive you. Actually, outside of RPGCodex, being a snowflake popamole faggot is p. much required curriculum in the current game industry.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm probably one of the biggest proponents of "the ignore list is for pussies." However, that position is based on the notion that a lot of people use the list to ignore anyone who says things they don't like or who simply disagrees with their precious opinions. I have never and will never put any of the forum feminists, SJWs, furries, communists, or libruls on ignore for being disgusting degenerates, for example.

FO4 enthusiasts are something quite different. A sizable chunk of this forum is shamelessly neck-deep in decline's ground zero. If there was ever a poster child for the decline, Bethesda's "Fallout" reboot is it.

This isn't debatable, it's not just a matter of opinion, it's not about wanting an "echo chamber" (no one can agree on anything here; what total nonsense)—wallowing in pure decline is anathema to what the RPG Codex should be about. It's not just the game itself (although that's part of it), but also supporting Bethesda Softworks, their products, and what they stand for. Anyone who advocates the game, even as a distracting time sink, or who supports Bethesda Softworks doesn't deserve a place at the table.

Since this is all a big joke to the Codex administration, and they don't mind turning into the next RPGWatch, I'll be using scripts and browser add-ons to purge these people from my Codex experience in lieu of the inadequate ignore list function.

Seeing morons supporting Bethesda's "Fallout" is hardly surprising, I mean it's the new Best Gaem Evar even betterer than GTA V!!!111!1!1! now so the whole world is playing it. I fully expected the majority of faggy, millennial/Gen P "gamers" out there to be spineless and slurp everything that comes out of Bethesda's cock and ask for more.But it's the fact that Codex regulars, supposedly the last bastion of non-shittyness, are helping contribute to the decline, directly, that gets me. Right in the feels.

Seeing morons supporting Bethesda's "Fallout" is hardly surprising, I mean it's the new Best Gaem Evar even betterer than GTA V!!!111!1!1! now so the whole world is playing it. I fully expected the majority of faggy, millennial/Gen P "gamers" out there to be spineless and slurp everything that comes out of Bethesda's cock and ask for more.But it's the fact that Codex regulars, supposedly the last bastion of non-shittyness, are helping contribute to the decline, directly, that gets me. Right in the feels.
12622.jpg

YcIr5gF.jpg

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wholeheartedly endorse this suggestion!

There is this one shitposting faggot I'd love to ignore, but doing so would also hide the entertaining "feminist things" and "turbodweeb" threads in GD, so I bear with it for now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

I liked you better when you were in a deep depression.

epeli

Arcane
If there was ever a poster child for the decline, Bethesda's "Fallout" reboot is it.

wallowing in pure decline is anathema to what the RPG Codex should be about. It's not just the game itself (although that's part of it), but also supporting Bethesda Softworks, their products, and what they stand for.

Precisely. However, the solution should be purging the decline, not tweaking the ignore function. But does RPGcodex have the guts to stay true to its values?

DarkUnderlord & co, just think of the butthurt you could generate by mass banning the decline enablers! You know you want to. You know it must be done.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm probably one of the biggest proponents of "the ignore list is for pussies."
Says the guy pussy ignoring 31 people.

Run away little girl, this kitchen's way too hot for you.

No seriously, how hard is it not to open threads about shit games you don't care about? I've managed to do just fine without tweaking the ignore list.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

It would be up to about 100 by now if I had my druthers. As it is, I'm going to have to purge the list and rely on some other method.

I generally don't open threads about shit games; I might do once or twice to take a shit on it and have my say, but that's it. That's not the point. Point is, I don't wish to associate with agents of decline, and they don't contain themselves to threads about shit games.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

It would be up to about 100 by now if I had my druthers. As it is, I'm going to have to purge the list and rely on some other method.

I generally don't open threads about shit games; I might do once or twice to take a shit on it and have my say, but that's it. That's not the point. Point is, I don't wish to associate with agents of decline, and they don't contain themselves to threads about shit games.

Certain esteemed archivists are keeping a list, and checking it twice to help you profile these agents. http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/casual-shaming-thread.101922/page-5

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Will remove ignore function. Solve problem.

ignore list is for fags, haven't read a single FO4 thread yet

Does that mean both you and DU are in favour of removing the ignore list?
I'm getting tired of people ignoring my shit posting of this hug box shit.

some of them have started "important" megathreads that I can no longer view

click 'Show Ignored Content', problem solved.

doesn't help with the alerts but I suppose thats the price you gotta pay

Confirmed that SausageInYourFace uses the ignore list as a status symbol to demonstrate his rejection of anyone who won't suck Josh Sawyers dick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom