Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 7

spekkio

Arcane
The RE formula peaked and died with Code Veronica.
Nah, CV was shit as well. RE2 [/series].

:smug:

Tehdagah

Arcane
What are you talking about? If 6 has problems, QTEs are not it.
If 6 has problems, QTEs are not it.
If 6 has problems
:nocountryforshitposters:
It does have less problems than any of the old RE games.

Btw:

Game leaked.

Edit : Damn the character moves so s-l-o-w-l-y. I think the injured characters in the old RE games were faster than this.

Edit 2: The AI easily loses track of the player. Maybe he is playing on a lower difficulty setting?

Also, really? "Now's not the time for that"? It's the best time for that.

Last edited:
You mean didn't pc demo yet? The only movement that isn't a like snail crawling through molasses is running forward and even then it's like the walk speed of the original RE; you can also move a little left and right while running this way. Anyway because of this slow movement speed you have to play it like tank controls games, which is a good thing and isn't a big issue since most the complaints of tank controls comes from the static cinematic camera throwing off your sense of orientation, also when your play on the PC you can adjust your turn speed to be much faster than a console could.

Tehdagah

Arcane
So, Chris is in the game

XkuxNwQ.jpg

1484524027517.png

He found the fountain of youth lol.

Mojobeard

Augur
Start eating those hats now.

Game is short as hell apparently, 4 hours required for achievement, dude that did these videos has beat it in 2h40min. Gameplay looks like garbage too, point at the correct cardinal direction and you'll hit the enemy.

EDIT: aaaand the video's gone

Last edited:
Start eating those hats now.

Game is short as hell apparently, 4 hours required for achievement, dude that did these videos has beat it in 2h40min. Gameplay looks like garbage too, point at the correct cardinal direction and you'll hit the enemy.

EDIT: aaaand the video's gone
Most of the unlockables in the classic series require you to beat the game under 3 hours to get the best rating, under 5 hours you still get some unlockable weapons. Most players on their first run will it beat about 6 or more hours.

Mojobeard

Augur
Most of the unlockables in the classic series require you to beat the game under 3 hours to get the best rating, under 5 hours you still get some unlockable weapons. Most players on their first run will it beat about 6 or more hours.
"Classic series" yeah that's a good way to ignore half the games, 4-6 were 10-15 hours. And the first one was 5 hours rushed. You're also comparing actual games to a three hour interactive movie, with no replay value.

"Classic series" yeah that's a good way to ignore half the games, 4-6 were 10-15 hours.
As you should, those games aren't resident evil. Don't get me wrong 4 was a great game though, it's just not resident evil.
And the first one was 5 hours rushed.
Like I said most people will beat them in about 6 or more hours, my first was RE2 and I beat that with 7 hours I think.
You're also comparing actual games to a three hour interactive movie, with no replay value.
Just because it's in first person and in house littered with crap doesn't mean it's gone home.

Tehdagah

Arcane
These games aren't too long
These games have a lot of content. Except RE7, which is just the story mode and everything else is DLC.

Looks like this is really a low-budget cash cow. RE fans gonna eat it up of course.

"Classic series" yeah that's a good way to ignore half the games, 4-6 were 10-15 hours.
As you should, those games aren't resident evil. Don't get me wrong 4 was a great game though, it's just not resident evil.
They are.

Yes it would be a Fire Emblem game.
:notsureifserious:
Even if it's doesn't even have none of the game mechanics, characters, or locations, and the devs admitting that this said popamole game was going to be a original IP before nintendo stepped in? And if you still think yes, why?

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are.
By your logic if nintendo makes a popamole game and calls it a fire emblem game it's a fire emblem game.
Just cut to the chase Edward The Mediocre, ask him if Fallout 3 is a "real" Fallout game.

Meh. They should have gone with the fan favourite Jill Valentine instead. But they just seem to have this hardon for Chris for some weird reason. But at least it isn't Leon, again.
One of my favorite things about the series is how many different protagonists there are, changing from game to game.
RE1: Chris / Jill
RE2: Claire / Leon
RE3: Jill
RE4: Leon
RE5: Chris / Sheva
RE6: Four different teams?
RE7: "Ethan Winters"?

Wikipedia says some dude name Ethan is the hero in 7, is that not the case?

Tehdagah

Arcane
:notsureifserious:
Even if it's doesn't even have none of the game mechanics, characters, or locations, and the devs admitting that this said popamole game was going to be a original IP before nintendo stepped in? And if you still think yes, why?
The american Mario Bros 2 is a Mario game, because Nintendo decided it is. Same for Kirby's Epic Yarn. Being different games don't change the fact they are part of the franchise.

Also, what's with the usage of the term popamole here? RE7 is still a generous game aimed at a wide audience (Capcom wants to sell 4 millions of copies in two months; no RE game sold so much in so little time).

Just cut to the chase Edward The Mediocre, ask him if Fallout 3 is a "real" Fallout game.
Yes, it's a Fallout game, if it wasn't then codexers would have ignored its existence.

sullynathan

Arcane
These games have a lot of content. Except RE7, which is just the story mode and everything else is DLC.
You would be right, I beat REmake in 12 hours in my first playthrough, without much of a guide but RE4 in 16 hours. I kinda guessed that RE7 would be much shorted because it takes place in a house and not even a Mansion.

Alright I'm gonna drop this shit after this post
The american Mario Bros 2 is a Mario game, because Nintendo decided it is. Same for Kirby's Epic Yarn. Being different games don't change the fact they are part of the franchise.
:what:
Super mario 2 was literally a not a mario game, it was released as different game entirely in japan, I wouldn't be surprised that you'd insist that mozzarella was cheddar just because it was in a cheddar bag.
Also, what's with the usage of the term popamole here? RE7 is still a generous game aimed at a wide audience (Capcom wants to sell 4 millions of copies in two months; no RE game sold so much in so little time).
I was trying to make an example to be as explicit as possible that it the name of the game was the only thing common without bring up the contentious fallout 3 because even then you may of wormed your way out because they call back to the older games although poorly. I finally got my answer and the logic behind it, so I get where you're coming from, I think it's stupid, but I get it.
Yes, it's a Fallout game, if it wasn't then codexers would have ignored its existence.
It's one thing to ignore piles of shit simply you aren't interested in them but another thing entirely when someone insists a pile of shit is the exact same thing as something you love. I for one do not like be blatantly lied to so I take it personally when people pull shit like that.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
I played the demo, it was shit, the old dude looks friendly as fuck and has a good sense of humour. Gameplay was shit too.

Tehdagah

Arcane
:what:
Super mario 2 was literally a not a mario game, it was released as different game entirely in japan, I wouldn't be surprised that you'd insist that mozzarella was cheddar just because it was in a cheddar bag.
Yes, and then Nintendo turned it into a Mario game.

I was trying to make an example to be as explicit as possible that it the name of the game was the only thing common without bring up the contentious fallout 3 because even then you may of wormed your way out because they call back to the older games although poorly. I finally got my answer and the logic behind it, so I get where you're coming from, I think it's stupid, but I get it.
Why stupid? I'm just pointing the fact that a Mario game is a Mario game, despite being different from the others. Being different, being good/bad, or not fitting in your subjective opinion of how a Mario game should be is irrelevant.

It's one thing to ignore piles of shit simply you aren't interested in them but another thing entirely when someone insists a pile of shit is the exact same thing as something you love. I for one do not like be blatantly lied to so I take it personally when people pull shit like that.
"Muh love" isn't an argument and nothing you said changes the fact Fallout 3 is the third main game in the series, ie: a Fallout game.

I played the demo, it was shit, the old dude looks friendly as fuck and has a good sense of humour. Gameplay was shit too.
RE7 will likely suck because it prioritizes atmosphere/engagement/immershun, with the mechanics existing to serve the ludonarrative faggotry. Even the director of the game said RE7 is about "feeling engaged within the game's world, not gameplay" or some similar bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom