Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil HD Remaster announced

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Plus never knowing when he'd show up was a cool thing. And the damn thing could follow you through some screens.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
RE3 is my least favorite of the classic ones, mostly because it felt more like an expansion that a standalone game, but the cool thing was that the player finally got to explore Raccoon city streets rather than a fixed location.

BTW, for some I find this the most memorable moment in the entire franchise (I mean the original, not the remake):

Machocruz

Arcane
You guys are right about Nemesis from a gameplay standpoint. Just thought his design was too on the nose monstrous. Mr. X would have made me shit my pants if they gave him similar ability to show up whenever and hunt you between rooms. I would still have him move slower in general, but with sudden bursts of violent speed. Holy shit.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I honestly feel that any remake will be shit in this current environment that we have now.
I'd love to be proven wrong, but why remake something that was successfully remade once already?
Why not remake 2 or 3? Those could use much needed facelifts.
This is just a quick cash grab.

Well, Nemesis is still pretty mild for a Tyrant, apart from the freaky face and some tubes on his shoulder he's just a big guy in goth gear.

I would still have him move slower in general, but with sudden bursts of violent speed. Holy shit.

tumblr_m5t7hoQQrI1rwuq4jo1_500.gif

Machocruz

Arcane
Ha. Imagine Mr. X suddenly launching himself at you through the two way mirror in the interrogation room or down a hallway.

I think it would still be useful to establish continuity on all the platforms before remaking those. Some speculate that this is what they have planned, but I don't see much reason not to announce that as well.

I don't see a problem with this remaster either way. For many people, this will be the first time encountering RE1, the remake, or RE in general, and it's not reasonable to expect them to get a GC/Wii/.ISO for the pleasure.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ha. Imagine Mr. X suddenly launching himself at you through the two way mirror in the interrogation room or down a hallway.

I think it would still be useful to establish continuity on all the platforms before remaking those. Some speculate that this is what they have planned, but I don't see much reason not to announce that as well.

I don't see a problem with this remaster either way. For many people, this will be the first time encountering RE1, the remake, or RE in general, and it's not reasonable to expect them to get a GC/Wii/.ISO for the pleasure.

You got a point there rabbit.

Lerk

Learned
Nice try, Crapcom. I'll stick with the Gamecube version on Dolphin, thanks. :keepmymoney:

If you want to give RE2, Nemesis, and Code Veronica the "HD Remastered" treatment though, I'm all ears. :takemymoney:

Bahamut

Arcane
I guess crapcom doesent know about this becaus it looks like day one cease and desist

bonescraper

gonna be shit. Resident Evil for the gamcube is the closest thing to video game perfection, they can only possibly fuck it up.
No, it's not gonna be shit. It's the same damn game with slightly better graphics, optional alternate control scheme, achievements and 2 new skins.

agris

Arcane
Patron
achieve this and much, much more in several easy steps.

1) buy a Wii (used pre 4.3)
2) buy the lego indiana jones game that lets you mod it, used
3) buy a cheap ~250 gb USB hd and install USB Loader GX
4) bootleg the Gamecube version of RE1, and fill your USB Loader external HD with Wii games you want to play.
5) install mighty channels
6) bootleg every Wii 'arcade' release to-date (NES, SNES and N64 games: Goldeneye on N64, I'm looking at you)

The sunk cost probably isn't worth it if you don't have a wii, but if you have a shitty USB hd and a wii already...

H-K

Learned

4) bootleg the Gamecube version of RE1, and fill your USB Loader external HD with Wii games you want to play.
6) bootleg every Wii 'arcade' release to-date (NES, SNES and N64 games: Goldeneye on N64, I'm looking at you)

The sunk cost probably isn't worth it if you don't have a wii, but if you have a shitty USB hd and a wii already...

You don't even need to buy any retail games anymore, just use this instead:

http://please.hackmii.com/

Works on 4.3 all regions.

agris

Arcane
Patron

That site gives me a 'steals your bank account' vibe.

H-K

Learned

That site gives me a 'steals your bank account' vibe.

Worked for me some years ago and the only thing it asks for is your Wii MAC address.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What the hell, they added boob physics? :lol:
The fact that you concentrated on the boobs and noticed this in a zombie games tells some very disturbing things about you. :M
Edit: I don't see boob physics anywhere by the way.

Edit No2: Ahh, I see it now. They really bouncing up and down. :D

Luka-boy

Arcane
The fact that you concentrated on the boobs and noticed this in a zombie games tells some very disturbing things about you. :M
I have some funny fetishes :M

But now seriously, it's pretty noticeable when you're looking at the new character models.

dunno lah

Arcane
I think there was always jiggle. I played it on Dolphin and I clearly remember slight "bouncing" when you walk backwards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom