Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Wesp5

Arcane
I understand why you translated them. I don't understand why your removed them entirely.

Hm, you are right. It would be easy to add them back in and to the same for the Russion words. I'll think about it! And don't expect this to be different in the basic patch, minor issues like this are usually not switched between basic and plus...

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Ah, I think I get it now! This was changed by Populism who was the first to tackle incomplete discipline reactions. The sheriff and some other bosses were not mentioned in the Thaumaturgy file at all, they basically didn't see any of it. He correctly assigned all of them to Hit_Supernatural_NoEffect which does no damage but takes some time to play out and this stuns them.

Wait, that's from Pop's difficulty mod? So would you say it's more of a fix or a mod (ie do you think Troika intended for bosses to be susceptible to stun/disable disciplines)? Kinda hard to discern developer's vision when the game was released in such an unfinished state and the studio closed down soon after.

I think a zoom increase could be granted because it limits the field of view of the player. Also this in done the same way for the rifles with zoom mode.

Right but I see rifles (Jaime Sue in basic and SWAT in plus) as highly specialized long range weapons so damage boost in zoom doesn't bother me in that case, you're not gonna use them in close quarters unless you absolutely have to (out of ammo for other guns, rushed in melee etc.). Steyr Aug on the other hand is a powerful multi-purpose assault rifle you get near the end of the game, zoom should be seen as its bonus feature not something you're encouraged (via damage bonus) to use constantly.

On the other hand I changed it at the time because of similar reasons to yours because higher caliber should do more damage. So if I would stick to that why then would a MAC 10 do much less damage than a Uzi?

My argument wasn't based on realism but weapon progression (the stage in the game at which said weapon is available), Uzi doing more damage than Steyr would be the equivalent of say Fire Axe doing less damage than Bush Hook or something. You can get MAC 10 very early in the game (Downtown) so obviously I'm fine with it being inferior to Uzi that you get much later (after Kikinapped in Chinatown I think?).

Wesp5

Arcane
Wait, that's from Pop's difficulty mod? So would you say it's more of a fix or a mod (ie do you think Troika intended for bosses to be susceptible to stun/disable disciplines)?

I would say it was an oversight, because some bosses were mentioned, others not and others were compelely messed up because they were not mentioned!

My argument wasn't based on realism but weapon progression (the stage in the game at which said weapon is available), Uzi doing more damage than Steyr would be the equivalent of say Fire Axe doing less damage than Bush Hook or something.

Yeah, that's the problem. Weapon progression sometimes does not fit with realism! Still a MAC10 or Steyr AUG bullet doing less damage than one from the first peashooter you get? This makes no sense at all! I just use lethality do balance it out...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
2. Force anisotropic filtering x16 for the game

How do I do this btw?

You can force AF in the nvidia or AMD control panel. There will be an application setting tab somewhere that lets you set per app settings.

Thanks, found it. However the Plus Patch executable isn't on the list of programs, so I guess I have to enforce it globally whenever I play?

With the AMD one you can add exes manually. I'm fairly sure you can do the same with the nvidia CP as well, but I can't remember as it's been a while.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just started playing. We're on unofficial patch 9.5 and the tutorial door bug is still here same as when I last played the game 7 years ago? :lol:

laclongquan

Arcane
Review of Tremere:

Compared to Ventrue and Toreador (and other clans), Tremere and Nosferatu are treated like suspicicious outsider, from the general feel of it. At middle game, a Tremere gal still has to troop back to Santa Monica's depilated room, while a Ventrue and Toreador can relax in luxurious downtown suite. If she's good, she might get a downtown tremere haven after doing some dangerous job in Hollywood. A Nosferatu will have a sewer's haven to enjoy, ick.

Gameplaywise, Tremere is not that different from Ventrue. Dominate1 to stun, melee or unarmed combat. Bloodshield to defense compared to Fortitude. STILL, ONLY thing is different: Tremere got Bloodstrike as a sustainable long range, spamable, attack. The 9th Circle bosses can be dealt by that. It's a pretty refreshing change because at middle game guns are pretty crappy and expensive.

Wesp5

Arcane
Just started playing. We're on unofficial patch 9.5 and the tutorial door bug is still here same as when I last played the game 7 years ago? :lol:

What is the door bug?

Yeah, I am wondering this myself! It might be that sometimes you have to wait a bit until the open-door icon appears. This seems to be a random bug and we can most of the time not fix these at all, because they are random...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've had it on almost every Bloodlines playthrough. Waiting never works, have to restart the game with a new character until it finally works.

Delterius

Arcane
Which door are you talking about? The one at the tutorial that only unlocks when Jack comes to you, after the police officer? I had a bug where the door wouldn't unlock but that was only once.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nope, the very first door after feeding for the first time. Just google the problem, it is a widely known bug.

The tutorial in general has issues though. The position detection for the stealth kill tutorial is b0rked too, somtimes you have to wiggle furiously behind the vamp to get the prompt.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bloodlines had the best radio shows in vidya gaems ever
I split out the different segments into separate mp3s, so each Deb section and each commercial is its own track. Perfect for mixing and matching on my iPod - it always sounded weird for Deb to say "and now more music" and then hear 4 commercials in a row. I also threw in the Dr. Grout dictation messages.

Link: Bloodlines Radio and Dictation mp3s

Old One

Arcane
Gameplaywise, Tremere is not that different from Ventrue.
As I was playing recently I was thinking about how it might be cool to mod some alternate dialogue lines for certain clans, along the lines of the way Malkavians have different dialogue for the same conversation options. I don't know whether or not such a project would be worth it, but it gets kind of boring seeing the exact same lines for Toreador, Ventrue, and Tremere. I guess it would depend on the quality of the work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom