Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Sykar

Arcane
A restoration patch would leave the original game untouched except for bug fixes.

How would this even be possible with the restored content tightly interwoven with the rest of the game and not completely located in one cut location, like maybe in the KOTOR2?

Good point, which means that all restorations are mods. Not patches.

Wesp5

Arcane
Good point, which means that all restorations are mods. Not patches.

No argument from me here, but I think I explained it already. When I took over the Unofficial Patch from Dan Upright, the name had already been established and Dan restored the SWAT rifle in his first version. I continued in that spirit and it was only much later that I learned about the differences so I created the basic patch version. Which should not have much changes left except for the occassional thing that I see as a bug fix and someone else might see as a modification.

Jesus, who gives a shit what it's called. The content remains the same, so the only ones "fooled" into downloading it are the magical nonexistent purists that don't read changelogs or descriptions before downloading fan content. Besides, "unofficial" already means it won't be 100% as God and the developers intended.

HansDampf

Arcane
Wesp5
Does the UP Basic change some NPC idle actions like Kilpatrick or Therese?

Reviews like these, even though funny, always trigger me:

UHyQGRA.png

Appropriate user name.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Keppo

Arbiter
Im playing modded version. Good game but a bit overrated i think. Im playing Tremere and idk something is lacking... I did 100 % in every area, im at the end game i think.. Killed Sabat, did the quest with werewolf, but i started rushing through encounters, its not something i do playing rpgs. i like take my time if i greatly enjoy something, its like i want this game to end already. But yeah good game nonetheless.

Ent

Savant
Is the Antitribu mod any good? Played the game 5 years ago and had a blast.

laclongquan

Arcane
In case Keppo is being unironically noobish...

A true VTMB experience that allow you to say you have played the game is as follow:

1. vanilla installation with official patch.

2. You installed the True Patch if you are a connoiseur. OR if you are a noob, you can install the Unoffical Patch, BASIC MODE. because UP in its entirety is a mod despite the name. I have my own doubt toward basic mode but you noobs are generally unsuspecting.

3. Play Malk as first time :obviously: player :smug: But noob can choose to play Ventrue. Tremere is actually OP to the point of absurdity. Dont let anyone say playing Malk 1st time spoil the game, you are at that point too noob to know what those mad ramblings are. At 2nd and 3rd play did you know enough to make sense of it.

pippin

I could run Bloodlines no problem without any patches using the Steam installation. I had to tweak a thing but it's something everyone here could easily do.
I'd reccomend Nosferatu first and Malk second. To experiencethe Malk memes you should keep low Humanity, which is something people often forget to mention. A Malk with high Humanity mostly gets a funny dialogue font and nothing else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom