Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Riddick and Far Cry VS Half Life and Doom

DraQ

Arcane
Well it was as i feared... I had to use godmode. In Decks 1 on ISV how-its-called ship. It was just too damn hard. Its like the captains log said, theres too many aliens and not enough goddamn bullets. Its like in other games when you find a log like that but here they mean it - if the crew couldnt deal with it, then you wont either bitch. Damn...
The "proper" way is to GTFO out of there, grabbing goodies on your way, and reset the electric barricade behind you.
You can fight all the skaarj but it's somewhat hard, eats ton of ammo and kind of misses the point.

You should play on normal at the first time, just to get know the game and leave the higher difficulties for later if you liked the game. Glad to hear that you liked it, you can always try Return to Na Pali. It's not as good as the base game, but for at least one playthrough it's worth a shot. The new music tracks are also great.

Much better idea would be to play player-made content. A lot of it can rival the base game itself, and like it was already mentioned there also exists an improved version of the expansion.
http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/ <-a good place to start - do note that the reviews are highly critical, anything above 50% is probably more than merely recommended, anything around 70% or more - plain fucking hot.
I just want to say that Unreal 2 was a HUGE disappointment!:S

Only compared to Unreal 1. Standing on it's own
...it's merely an awfully big one. :stupid:

That said it had some neat environments and a bunch of nice weapons - everything else about it is just a vile deluge of shit.
I guess that was the last great game that i havent played... Now what?
I'm willing to share some recommendations after reviewing the ones you did.

Unreal 2 was my first introduction to the series

:badnews:

I just want to say that Unreal 2 was a HUGE disappointment!:S

Only compared to Unreal 1. Standing on it's own, it had very cool level design/mission objectives. Not bad at all for a 2003 game. Certainly better than Doom 3.

I dunno, Doom 3 was memorable. All I remember from Unreal 2 is a succession of differently colored areas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom