Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rift going free to play

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Roger. We're switching. Icewatch for now?

yeye

Augur
I'm doing the raptr thing and have a char on Icewatch. Yesterday during EU prime time there were quite a few people complaining of 40 min queues for Icewatch, so you may want to consider that before you switch servers.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
But I like PvP servers. It makes things so much more interesting when you can gank players for running around where they shouldn't.

Eh, I don't mind all that much in the end though. It just means I'll level my character on Icewatch to 15 and then transfer him to the other server. I like Defiant more than Guardians anyway.

I'm doing the raptr thing and have a char on Icewatch. Yesterday during EU prime time there were quite a few people complaining of 40 min queues for Icewatch, so you may want to consider that before you switch servers.

Yep, I got stuck in a 30 minute queue for Icewatch last night.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But I like PvP servers. It makes things so much more interesting when you can gank players for running around where they shouldn't.

I agree. But if we can't do interfaction :/

Tell you all what: We start on Bloodiron as we are now. Then if a problem arises (like, we can't group with a Defiant or anus_pounder gets his anus pounded in open zones or server load becomes massive), we transfer.

That okay with everyone? anus_pounder?

That seems by far the easiest solution; a big portion of the guild (few as we are atm) is already on Bloodiron, so staying there until the dust settles and F2P opens seems smartest.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
rashiakas: That doesn't work for me! When I write Macros like that, it casts the first ability once (which then goes on cooldown) and then my second ability (which is Lightning Hammer) and then it just continue to cast Lightning Hammer. I believe it is because Lightning Hammer is instant and has no cooldown, and that basic macro will always cast whatever is on the top of the list and isn't on cooldown.

Yes, exactly. Like I said, the macro starts from the top, each time you use it. You can't macro a sequence/rotation.

anus_pounder

Arcane

I agree. But if we can't do interfaction :/

Tell you all what: We start on Bloodiron as we are now. Then if a problem arises (like, we can't group with a Defiant or anus_pounder gets his anus pounded in open zones or server load becomes massive), we transfer.

That okay with everyone? anus_pounder?

That seems by far the easiest solution; a big portion of the guild (few as we are atm) is already on Bloodiron, so staying there until the dust settles and F2P opens seems smartest.

Eh. I'll be on Icewater. Lets see how things go once F2P starts proper.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Anybody known all the Codex poster ranks? Wanna name the guild ranks after them :M

In other news, guild has been formed, and first guild perks (resistance buff and profession bonuses) have been picked. I'm online on Bloodiron now, just write your character name here or send whispers for invites.

Mystary!: Apparantly I need to resend invite to you, what was you character's name again?

anus_pounder

Arcane
Anybody known all the Codex poster ranks? Wanna name the guild ranks after them :M

In other news, guild has been formed, and first guild perks (resistance buff and profession bonuses) have been picked. I'm online on Bloodiron now, just write your character name here or send whispers for invites.

Mystary!: Apparantly I need to resend invite to you, what was you character's name again?

Ok. So I decided to recreate my character on Bloodiron. Sent a friend invite to 'Fanabina' anddd...It tells me that said player is not in my character faction. :x So anyone want to start a defiant guild?

EDIT: Created a guard character. Sent friend invite. Can't whisper unless you accept because Trial account.

Emily

Arcane
good chance, leave both clients running overnight.
There's a fairly good chance. My buddies are running it too, and when I got the key it said 3000+ as well, so I think the demand has gone down a bit.

Someone will have to teach me how macros work in this game btw, I can't make my shit work with Instant abilities.
Thanks guys, i got it today.
there are plenty more left for anyone that is interested

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Ok. So I decided to recreate my character on Bloodiron. Sent a friend invite to 'Fanabina' anddd...It tells me that said player is not in my character faction. :x So anyone want to start a defiant guild?

EDIT: Created a guard character. Sent friend invite. Can't whisper unless you accept because Trial account.

What's your character's name? This friend system is a little dodgy.

anus_pounder

Arcane

What's your character's name? This friend system is a little dodgy.

Nevermind. You accepted it.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

Do the raptr thing, though. Even though the game goes F2P next month, owning Storm legion grants you a lot of benefits over F2P players, like 6 character slots, unlimited gold, etc.

anus_pounder

Arcane

Do the raptr thing, though. Even though the game goes F2P next month, owning Storm legion grants you a lot of benefits over F2P players, like 6 character slots, unlimited gold, etc.

Already done.

Castanova

Prophet
This whole "three souls" thing seems kind of misleading to me. Yeah, you can select three souls at once but you only have 76 points to spend at max level. It takes 41 points to get to the top of the "tree" and 61 points to get to the bottom of the "root." So, basically, it looks like you're really playing with two trees, not three. You can either put 61 points into one tree to fully unlock it, then the remaining 15 in a second. Or you could put, like, 41 in one tree and then the remaining 35 in the second. I have a hard time believing it makes sense from a semi-power-gaming perspective to do 41 in one tree and then, like, 15 in another and 20 in the third.

Mantiis

Cipher
When I was playing about a year ago I was in a HC raiding guild and I was tanking, I had 4 tank builds two of them had points spread in all 3 trees.

Whether that is the case now is a google search away I guess.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This has changed. You usually go for 61 point in a Soul, rarely a "40/36" in some cases. The System is indeed misleading, even more so because a lot of soul combos don't work well together.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
ah... the deal in the OP doesn't work with an existing account?
guess I'll make a new one then :D bye-bye 2 max level guardians on bloodiron.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It should work with an existing account. The deal itself says owners of Rift will just get Storm Legion added to their account for free.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
ah... the deal in the OP doesn't work with an existing account?
guess I'll make a new one then :D bye-bye 2 max level guardians on bloodiron.

It will still get you the expansion, just not free 30 days.

Beaten to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom