Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RIP Kirill Pokrovsky of Larian

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That really sucks.

Say what you want about the Divinity series, it sure had a unique soundtrack.

DraQ

Arcane
https://www.facebook.com/LarianStud...5733999&hash=2380902921883878234&pagefilter=3

A great man, a fantastic composer and a good friend passed away yesterday. Rest in peace Kirill Pokrovsky – we will miss you.

And thank you for all the gifts you’ve given us.

We each have our own Kirill story and many of us have Kirill presents on their desks. All of them demonstrate how rich a person you were.

We’ve all hummed your music and we have marveled at how far your virtuosity went. You were truly somebody unique, a true artist, and we were very lucky to have you as a colleague.

Larian will never be the same again without you. We will remember you always.

:(
I cannot into proper condolences, but if he was half the person he was a composer, then the world has just became a whole lot shittier. :(

R.I.P. :salute:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/1250597

A great man, a fantastic composer and a good friend passed away yesterday. Rest in peace Kirill Pokrovsky – we will miss you.

And thank you for all the gifts you’ve given us. We each have our own Kirill story and many of us have Kirill presents on their desks. All of them demonstrate how rich a person you were.

We’ve all hummed your music and we have marvelled at how far your virtuosity went. You were truly somebody unique, a true artist, and we were very lucky to have you as a colleague.

Your greatest to us gift of course was your music that you shared with us on many occasions. The following concert in particular was really special for us, in the midst of a chaotic Kickstarter campaign, you brought us a moment of peace and joy.

What few people saw was exactly how cool you were behind the scenes as this piece of unreleased footage shows:

Larian will never be the same again without you.

We will remember you always.

6d6c90cc12bae57f655324ffbb087f2b_original.jpg

Kirill Pokrovsky 1965 - 2015

We've posted a photo album on our Facebook page of Kirill throughout the years.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This fucking sucks. His work was fantastic, the Divinity series won't be the same without him. RIP

cw8

Cipher
Loved all the music from Divine Divinity to D:OS. Loved his personality in all the Kickstarter update videos. A terrbile shame, RIP.

Stompa

Arcane
God fucking dammit, that's a terrible loss. Why must great men die before talentless hacks?

da_rays

Augur
:negative: Damn.....To the entity responsible for the life/death of every living thing: WTF DUDE?

A great loss...That guy knew how to pour feeling in his music.....Divinity games warent all grandiose or world changing , but the music was always superb, engaging and like by a variety of people.....

Hoping that you watch over Larian wherever you are my good man.
:salute:

Noooo noooooooooo.

What a loss, your music and spirit will be missed Kirill. May the heavens be filled with keyboards for you to demolish whilst ending kickstarter parties.

Condolences to Lar and Forktongue and the team. A blow to Larian for sure, I'll light a good one in kirrils name playing the divine divinity title track.

Kirill_Pokrovsky_pointing_at_us.jpg

Sleep well you magnificant bastard. Fuck this one really hurts :negative:

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Tonight I will have my Musica Divina and Musica Obscura run on repeat, as I have a glass of wine in remembrance of his genius. You will be dearly missed

imweasel

:negative:

Very sad news. Kirill was a great composer and I enjoyed his music immensely. This is such a terrible loss. :(

My deepest condolences to Kirill's family and friends. Rest in peace, bro. You will be sorely missed. :salute:

GrainWetski

Arcane
Very memorable music in all of the Divinity games :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom