Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RIP Orcs Must Die series - Orcs Must Die: Unchained F2P MOBA

Tytus

Arcane
MOBA:

PowerPuking.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, MOBA is probably not quite the right term as it's still the same engine/format. However, it is going to suffer from awful pay2win microtransactions.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
People cared about it? I tried demo for first OMD and was boring, almost to tears but not TL2 level...

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
OMD 1 was great, 2 suffered a bit from the introduction of coop, but this.... this is not something I will play.

Metro Last Light was way more boring than OMD.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Exactly. At least you play OMD versus watching Metro LL.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is now in Open Beta on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/427270/

Complaints are about what you'd expect. Shit ton of grinding or $50+ investment required to unlock stuff. Shame they didn't just incorporate the PvE/ccop stuff and charge $30 as a standalone game.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, there's always the board game if you want to play by yourself.

Box.png

pippin

When you make a busty girl to promote your game, make sure the logo doesn't cover her tits.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

http://www.robotentertainment.com/blog/index.htm

Studio News

PLANO, Texas – March 26, 2018 – Robot Entertainment.

Robot Entertainment grew significantly while developing Orcs Must Die! Unchained. In January, we released Hero Academy 2 on mobile devices. And over the past 18 months, our studio has had two teams working on different projects.

Today, the company is making a strategic shift to focus on a single internal game project. Unfortunately, that means we need to resize our team to fit only one project. We’ve made the very difficult decision to let go of over 30 of our very talented and dedicated developers.

Our short term focus is on helping these great people find new opportunities. If your company is looking for talented game designers, programmers, artists, marketers, producers, and/or QA testers, please reach out to us at recruiting@robotentertainment.com.

The coming days will be difficult as we say goodbye to friends and colleagues. We are grateful to have had the opportunity to work with them all.

Robot will continue to operate Hero Academy 2 and Orcs Must Die! Unchained. And we will announce a new game soon. We are excited about the games we will make, and we look forward to sharing more about our future plans.

Patrick Hudson

CEO, Robot Entertainment

KateMicucci

Arcane
I played OMD1 until I got a perfect score in every level + hard mode. The upgrade grinding ruined OMD2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom