Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Watch Lara's bum in NextGen fidelity

sullynathan

Arcane
shit, no crack yet?

Deleted member 7219

PC port is great, I'm getting 45 FPS with all settings on high, 1920x1080, SMAA, and some of the PC exclusive features turned on (I turned off motion blur and depth of field of course). My rig: Core 2 Quad 9660, GeForce 960 4GB, 8GB RAM.

Mouse and keyboard controls are good, mouse enabled in menus as you would expect, and the response latency times are very quick (apparently the camera was shit on the Xbox). The game feels like it was developed for PC.

As for the game itself, I'll give a judgement when I've finished it but I like it so far. It isn't amazing, but neither was the last one. It was an Uncharted clone with better combat, but without the fun. I still think Underworld and Anniversary were the high points of the series.

pippin

The port for the previous game was quite nice as well, even my toaster could run it at acceptable rates back then at medium-high qualities.
Shame that the game's likely to be as bland as it was before.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I think they kill off the giant kiwi man in this one, so there will be no point in continuing to play this series

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I heard fans of the first game had a hissy fit because the asian best friend/implied lesbian love interest from it was written out in tie-in material.

bonescraper

Yeah, can someone confirm how the PC port works?
The game currently has some memory issues. The game apparently uses over 7GB of RAM in cutscenes (where the character models are like 100 times better) and eats up all of your VRAM. I'm running it on very high (there's no ultra) with hair physics set to very high and SMAA as my AA option. It runs at stable 60 until it fucking drops to zero, loses a few frames and goes back to 60. So... yeah. But some say it's a Windows 10 issue only (probably a Directx 12 issue?).

My specs:
i5 3570K (OC to 3,9Ghz)
GTX 970
8 GB RAM
running from a SSD
Windows 10

Astral Rag

Arcane
yoZNRdZ.jpg

Nu Lara needs to get that glaucoma checked out.

Btw, this is not a DirectX 12 game

orcinator

Liturgist
-Despite having a bunch of guns at her disposal, she straight lights a dude on fire, just to watch him burn, all while gasping and panting like she is the one that's in danger here.

Oh hey, that almost happened.

Watch from the beginning to see the semi-final boss: a helicopter

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom