Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Watch Lara's bum in NextGen fidelity

Seeker
In My Safe Space
They will release it on other platforms, it is timed exclusive.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I like the direction CD set out with the series since the 2013 reboot. Lara now seems more human than sex doll, and there's definitely a large market today that approves of this direction. Yay for the game industry growing out of their juvenile sexist mold.... and straight into the SJW armpit.

:negative:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked her old personality better. Raid tombs, get artifacts for personal collection in huge mansion, don't give a fuck about anything. Badass action-archaeologist, Indiana Jones style. Just that she doesn't put the shit she finds in a museum, she puts it in HER museum.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Series went to shit after she began having mommy issues. Also, gib back TR 1 style missions that were about puzzles and platforming instead of shooting. (Well, 95% platforming and puzzles, 5% awkward shooting).

Tehdagah

Arcane
Badass action movie hero rather than emotional girl with daddy issues.
I don't recall badass action movie heroes having the personality of a rock.

Raid tombs, get artifacts for personal collection in huge mansion, don't give a fuck about anything.

Indiana Jones isn't just that.

circ

Arcane

pippin

Well, most people don't like reboot Lara, but giving her a normal sized chest in exchange for a defined derriere is only tasteful and elegant.
But yeah, this and Hitman 6 are two of the very few e3 games that managed to grab my attention.

Lemming42

Arcane
Looks just as soulless and tedious as the other Crystal Dynamics TR games. Goddamn, why won't she stop talking. The Lara Croft in TR 1 - 3 had about ten lines maximum per game (and most of those were shitty one-liners for when people died in cutscenes), because nobody gives a shit about Lara Croft. She's just a vehicle for the player to explore the world. If there's one game series that I wish was put respectfully to rest before the 21st Century started instead of shambling on as a husk, it's Tomb Raider.

I replayed Tomb Raider II recently, it's one of those games that should be replayed like once a year to remind yourself why you ever liked videogames in the first place. Getting on the jet-ski with the dual machine guns mounted on it and hearing that unbearable 90s techno start playing made me feel like I was an easily impressed little kid with a PS1 again.

Data4

Arcane
Is the chick doing the VO British? Something offputting about it. Maybe it's the lisp, I dunno, but it sounds fake.

A horse of course

British accents are irritating and British women are ugly harridans, so you shouldn't be surprised.

Sodafish

Arcane
Hanging a light stick on your arse is totally logical :nocountryforshitposters:

The snow looks nice though.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Is the chick doing the VO British? Something offputting about it. Maybe it's the lisp, I dunno, but it sounds fake.
Isn't Lara supposed to be a British nob? or did they change that too in the reboot?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom