Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Risen 2: Dark Waters gets the Zero Punctuation treatment

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Risen 2: Dark Waters; Zero Punctuation

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Risen 2: Dark Waters. It's pirate themed! With bullshit magical artifacts and grizzled eye-patch wearing mother-fuckers as your only "choice".

Combat involves hammering in nails... or at least, mashing the attack button as if you are in a game of "who will get stun-locked first".

Skills are too contextual (only appearing in dialogue options sometimes or at specific moments in combat when text appears) and skills themselves are gained by buying them off other people, which makes ZP wonder why they aren't the ones saving the world given everyone else seemingly has more skills than you do.

In the end, the verdict is seriously dodgy design with samey visuals.

Thanks Fens!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yes, but what did Angry Joe and Total Biscuit think of it?!?!

Yeah he obviously played without a patch, but it doesn't excuse him for sucking at it anyway. Kicking over giant crabs can't be too complicated, it just can't.

Nattvardsvin

Learned
That pretentious fag is boring as fuck. You suck ass if you think he's funny in any way.
Oooh I'm British and I talk really fast hurr I'm so clever.

Also I make shitty Adventure games using AGS, I'm video game designer durrr..

Fens

Ford of the Llies
woooow... you so edgy i almost cut myself

EbATb.png

Untermensch

Augur
That pretentious fag is boring as fuck. You suck ass if you think he's funny in any way.

Extreme butthurt detected. :smug:

But seriously what's up with some codex members who get worked up over what Yahtzee, Jim Sterling or other internet ""celebrities"" say?

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Typical review from him, nothing new. But i really liked the Half Life outro, funny shit mang.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

But seriously what's up with some codex members who get worked up over what Yahtzee, Jim Sterling or other internet ""celebrities"" say?
They just think that they will look like a champion of the Codex if they behave like that.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I'm not sure if it makes me edgy or not, but I think Nattvardsvin is pretty spot on. The only bigger try-hards are the other retards from that site, extra credits. Also, wtf with making "reviews" with some silly shtick that gets far too tiresome after one episode? This disease seems to be quite contagious.

Shervin

Educated
Yazthee or whatever should just shut the fuck up.

They say some bullshit that's hard to swallow. That's why.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

It's not them, it's the posters here who actually put credence into what they say. Try to retain some dignity, old bean, or relinquish your monocle.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why do some people even consider these videos reviews? They're just nitpicking and exaggeration for humorous effect, no depth or insight you couldn't find from any mediocre youtube reviewer.

He's also got a shitty taste in games.

St. Toxic

Arcane
I don't know, I think it's pretty funny. The guy is into platformers, old-school fps's and casual indies, meaning he isn't really into games. In a sense, it's like watching your computer-illiterate grandmother review various software, i.e fun.

Deleted member 7219

He's a prick. Who cares what he thinks?

Honestly, his opinion is worth shit. I respected him once, but since he joined The Escapist he's gone into staggering decline.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The guy is a humorist, not a serious reviewer FFS...And obviously he sucks at games, he gave up on reviewing Dark Souls because he could not get past the tutorial boss! But he is funny sometimes, and even his book was a fun read.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom