Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
possibly_retarded.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The fact that Risen 3 hasn't had a single post in over a month, while Faggot Age Circumcision is over 500 pages long speaks volumes of RPGCodex's true level of decline.

Played Risen 1, abandoned half-way through due to game-unrelated reasons, haven't played Risen 2, now thinking of Been thinking of getting this game. . Is it worth it? Obviously, it's not another Gothic 2, but is it a good title for some who's sick and tired of bloated AAA title SJW-infested cockware?

Yes, Risen 3 is great and you should play it.

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
Nobody has anything to say when they find out their favorite uncle died of a heart attack while fucking a five year old. It's awkward silence all around.
That's only because this is an everyday occurrence in your gypsy family. Normal people would have a lot to say about their favorite uncle, even if they were saddened by the news.

Everybody OTOH has a lot to say when they find out their most hated enemy died of crystal meth overdose while taking multiple dicks up the ass from homeless bums lined up behind him fifty men deep.
Vindictive gypsies, maybe. Not to mention that not only did "their most hated enemy" not die, but actually got awarded GOTY.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For someone complaining about the negative attitude around here, you sure don't seem to have a lot of nice things to say yourself. A blindered hypocrite? Welcome to the Codex.

Glaurung's glyphwright/liberal

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Normal people would have a lot to say about their favorite uncle, even if they were saddened by the news.

Must be an Asian thing.

Vindictive gypsies, maybe. Not to mention that not only did "their most hated enemy" not die, but actually got awarded GOTY.

That's worse, actually. People always have a lot to say when they're angry.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
'Better than Risen 2' is pretty much all you can ask for these days from the shell of PB.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Risen 2 and Risen 3 were way shittier than Gothic 1, 2 and Risen 1 but I still finished them. Meanwhile Twitcher 2 I quit in disgust when I was interrupted from hunting for the 100th time by an inane forced conversation/cutscene. :M

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Worst part of witcher 2 was a qte based boss fight. Worst part of risens are also the boss fights because they are extremely dull.

Maschtervoz

Learned
Fuck this game, bumping into that invisible wall over the lava stream on that one island was my most depressing gaming experience of 2014 considering that this is coming from a studio that once made it possible to climb a steep cliff edge and jump over the city walls into the harbor in order to bypass guards and even had a NPC acknowledge it. Back to the roots my hurt butt.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Changelog Risen 3 Patch 1.20
--------------------------------------
New Feature:
- New difficulty mode "Ultra". In Ultra mode the player is not invincible anymore while evading and there is a cooldown while using healing potions

Balancing:
- Balancing adjustments in final sea serpent fights
- Exploit fix: Jaffar doesn't multiply the value of collected gold pouches anymore

Bugfixes:
- Fixed issue where the player got stuck while jumping after climbing a ladder
- Fixed issue where the player was unable to find the shimmering pearl in collected shells for the "The Sign of the Ancients" quest
- Fixed crash when Jaffar tries to collect an item which is currently under telekinesis by the player
- New session: Fixed rarely occuring issue where corpses where removed from the world so that some quests couldn't be resolved (Honor the Dead, Lost in the forbidden valley,...)
- New session: In some rare cases, there where issues with Zacharias teleport onto Skullisland. Zacharias will be teleported now correctly.

Maschtervoz

Learned
New difficulty mode "Ultra". In Ultra mode the player is not invincible anymore while evading and there is a cooldown while using healing potions

But does it do anything about the way you could stunlock 90% of the game's enemies by just spamming simple attacks, the gloves of infinite magic bullet spam, or the retarded group fights where enemies just shuffle around you awkwardly and patiently wait for you to eviscerate them one by one? They're not going to pull the combat out of the pit of utter retardation without tackling those issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom