Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rodina

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Rodina is a space sim in which you can:
* Fly around a single solar system, with several planets, tons of asteroids and a single start
* pew-pew filthy xenos in said space
* Enter planet atmosphere, and have fights with enemy aircraft
* Land on planets, exit your ship, and find stuff on the surface
* Walk around your ship
* Customize your ship interior.

So far I've tried all of the above. The flight model feels a bit strange, and mouse control feels a bit laggy (should try joystick, but I don't know if the game supports it). There flight seems kind-of newtonian.

You can find the game at the official site, there's a 1hr time-limited demo available. Whole game can be obtained for $15 if you want all future updates.

Favorite moment so far: activating FTL drive too close to atmosphere and burning up horribly.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It does seem a bit off sometimes, doesn't feel as nice as KSP, but it's not Freelancer either. Might by input issues.

I encourage you to try it.

Alchemist

Arcane
I was playing this yesterday and it's definitely a great start. Once they flesh out everything a bit more it could be amazing.

Here's some game footage from the guy who runs SpaceGameJunkie:

For those having crashes - the dev's latest blog post might have some relevant info. Apparently DirectX 10 is required - so that might be causing trouble for some on older systems and Win XP machines.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
RODINA Patreon Announcement!
Big news about the future of RODINA - I'm starting a Patreon to support the game's development!

Check me out on Patreon!

As many of you know, I am no longer able to work on RODINA full-time. I've been disappointed by the progress made in the last couple of years (for which I apologize!), and am eager to work much more quickly again.

Many followers of RODINA have suggested that they would like to see a Patreon to support development. I wanted to offer a way to support faster RODINA development. All money raised will be set aside for full-time development (not just disappear into my wallet). If the ambitious goal value is reached, I will be able to commit to full-time development in perpetuity.

Of course, if you have no interest in this, it is purely optional! I will continue to develop RODINA as best I can no matter what. With that said, your support would mean the world to me, and could seriously accelerate the course of the game's development.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement!!

- Brendan
https://www.patreon.com/Rodina

PS: Info about update 1.6: Inventory and Player Systems coming up next!

RODINA Update 1.6 Preview!

I made a video to preview RODINA 1.6 - the Inventory / Player Systems update!

One bit of news: I've decided to release 1.6 much sooner (ASAP) and do a series of small content updates with new weapons / items right after! I'll be trying to get updates out on a much more regular schedule, at least for a while!

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Rodina 1.6.1: Trilaser Released!
The first inventory content addition has arrived - the Trilaser!

2f323dac6a1d2aa59074b6ecea42d9eb665b0164.png

This new laser weapon focuses 3 beams for enhanced damage. It can be found in a Xeno base or debris pile on the planet Veles!

ca6767e40dcb73f0f02d1a334af09d504447237d.png

Version 1.6.1 is the first of a series of inventory-focused content updates. However, it also features a substantial number of small improvements and bugfixes, including a fix for a serious memory leak which caused frequent crashes in the ship editor.

The next few updates, which will add more items, will come much more quickly!

e8ea35964a0f6ea763287e45098e5acac5a8340d.png

**** RODINA 1.6.1 ****

* New Feature: Trilaser Weapon

* Improvement: Add support for cross-portal interaction (grapple hook, laser, targeting)
* Improvement: Improve DOF blur performance with transparent objects (particles)
* Improvement: Save / Restore mouse position only for certain menus (inventory)
* Improvement: Add "Activate" gamepad binding

* Crashfix: Fix memory leak causing editor crash
* Crashfix: Fix infinite loop when creating an opening to the airlock
* Crashfix: Fix crash when exiting ship at cruise speed while grappling

* Bugfix: Fix inventory item dropping placement
* Bugfix: Fix gravbike persistence
* Bugfix: Fix editor room transparency for rooms that straddle floors
* Bugfix: Change the way we prevent accidental clicks so that players can reassign controller A button
* Bugfix: Screenshot mode HUD fix
* Bugfix: Fix crouching in space
* Bugfix: Fix controls passing through binding popup menus
* Bugfix: Fix controller default button positioning
* Bugfix: Clean up some object pools
* Bugfix: Fix Lua error for next/previosu in Archives / Radio document menus

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Rodina 1.6.4: Player Stats and Power Systems Released!
For this update, I have added Player Stat Upgrades and Power Systems to the game!

Mix and match upgrades in your installation grid to increase your character's speed, health regeneration, damage, and jump level! These upgrades require a Power Core to function - find the first one in the Asteroid Belt! These Power Cores also provide energy to the Carrier Beam and the Trilaser.

d93c883c6dccde691ccbc8942f45bc043d3905bd.png

This update also adds two new moves - the Slide Attack and the Ground Pound - each available as their own upgrade chips!

For the next update, I am going to add an interesting new feature to the game: a drill! This item will be used to acquire resources for armor... but where will these resources come from???

**** RODINA 1.6.4 ****

* New Feature: Energy meter powered by Power Core
* New Feature: Stat upgrades: Speed, Health Regeneration, Damage, Jump Level
* New Feature: Slide Attack and Ground Pound move upgrades

* Improvement: Inventory hover menu with stats
* Improvement: Quickwheel toggle / active status / text labels

* Crash fix: Solve multithreading issue with thread tasks (savegames)

* Bugfix: Fix fire extinguisher radius issue which was making fires massively more difficult
* Bugfix: Fix first person lighting issue
* Bugfix: Improve pixelization of near terrain due to blurring
* Bugfix: Targeting in ship pilot mode (again)
* Bugfix: Solve flash when crossing into interior portals
* Bugfix: Explosions shouldn't be blocked by debris or magnetic shields
* Bugfix: Document attachment buttons
* Bugfix: Child entity palettes and scale restored on load
* Bugfix: Anchor worldspaces rejecting children, causing slow space movement
* Bugfix: Ensure players with old-style saves receive starting equipment

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom