Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguey vs the Grognards Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What is it with you and white guys? Sawyer is white, why is he free of your hate
It's possible I've played games with Japanese stereotypes made by Japanese people, but I wouldn't know and it's not something I care about.

One could say that Mario is an Italian stereotype (mustache, voice, speaking patterns) but my taking offense to that would be ridiculous.

Isn't there some cesspit you can excrete that shit into instead of having it seep into CRPG discussion?
GD? Retardoland? "Politics"? The toilet?

Yes but having your attack look like the beginning of a spam-tagged youtube comment doesn't seem like it will be effective at doing anything besides make you look stupid.
But you're right, this is Roguey vs the Grognards, so I guess it's as good a cesspit as any:

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS
AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS
WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY
HOW IS DIS FAIR?? Y U DO DIS??!
:negative::decline::decline::butthurt::incloosive:liberals:kfc::butthurt::decline::decline::negative:

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Not interested in paying for a bunch of crude stereotypes made by white guys.
8172f5e11d5285b4c8600af16c8ae420.jpeg

What is it with you and white guys?
Marxism, much like Sawyerism, is a mental disorder.

Seaking4

Learned
So whites are apparently not good enough for sympathy. The mudslimes are overrunning europe and whites are becoming a minority in thier homeland anyways.
Not interested in paying for a bunch of crude stereotypes made by white guys.
8172f5e11d5285b4c8600af16c8ae420.jpeg

What is it with you and white guys?
Marxism, much like Sawyerism, is a mental disorder.

You guys seem to associate Sawyer with whatever political ideologies and groups of people you don't like (for no reason whatsoever). Might I suggest a youtube comment section for those thoughts. I'm sure you guys will fit right in with the rest of the superior human beings.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Josh actually is friends with Leigh for reasons I find somewhat-unfathomable. Not entirely though. After all, he's been friends for a long time with a woman who was once engaged to Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka who turned out to be a huge liar who never actually broke up with her hometown boyfriend (who was told her extended absences were business trips) during the entire time they were dating/engaged. He left the SA forums for a while because of it. "Dangerous liaisons" I think he calls it.

I do agree with the following Josh-thoughts

http://new.spring.me/#!/JESawyer/q/427427837
I do not believe in any higher power. I believe that many people living in modern republics behave in a fashion that merits being ruled by tyrants or aristocrats. I also believe that humanity will eventually scour most animal and plant life from the surface of the planet and suffocate the seas through overpopulation and the continued existence of large, consumption- and expansion-driven societies.

http://new.spring.me/#!/JESawyer/q/166455217565492022
I think individuals can be good and do good work in spite of the circumstances surrounding them, but I think the societies most of us live in are generally blundering, ignorant, and destructive.

Our population also continues to grow at an insane rate, which, if you think about our per capita consumption of resources, is probably more singularly devastating than any individual behavior in which we partake.

If you live in an industrialized, consumption-based society, I can't think of any socially-celebrated act that causes more environmental destruction than creating more human life.

Escapism ftw. Just need a quality role to play.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
It's started. Roguey has finally started realizing that actual Josh Sawyer is nothing like the mental image of Josh Sawyer he has fabricated. Give it a few months and the financial and critical failure of PoE after a few delays and suddenly you'll see a stained, slightly worn Josh Sawyer dakimakura and a bunch of design documents from Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance pop up on eBay.
Escapism ftw. Just need a quality role to play.
Then keep searching, being simultaneously the PR representative and punk bitch of some third rate designer isn't it. Most people have power fantasies about flying, being rich, killing dragons and so on, your fantasies are really lame in comparison.
Our population also continues to grow at an insane rate, which, if you think about our per capita consumption of resources, is probably more singularly devastating than any individual behavior in which we partake.
"Our" population wouldn't grow at all with out immigration. If he had any guts he would just talk about halting all third world immigration to first world countries, but he rather spouts PC mantra that wont offend anyone nor lead to any results.
You guys seem to associate Social Justice Warriors with whatever political ideologies and groups of people they seem to support.
FTFY

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Rougey you flame baiting scoundrel, watch thy mouth. Duke Nukem 3D has some of the most exceptional level design in video game history.
I thought it was inconsistent. Some good, some bad. Not like the first Doom which was nigh-perfect barring the last two levels of episode three.

Shadow Warrior too is awesome, If you take the "racism" seriously your sanity is up for questioning, especially since the Shadow Warrior himself is a badass. It's like saying Duke Nukem is racist for playing off of American beefcake stereotypes.
Not interested in paying for a bunch of crude stereotypes made by white guys. If GOG put it up for free, I'd try it just like I did with Duke.

Alright Rougey if you met a real Japanese man who looked like this

sneer-face.jpg

what would you do? I mean would you be offended by this guy? What if all these stereotypes were true and if all japanese people looked like that? I know they dont but imagine for a moment. would they be somekinda lesser beings for real??? Because thatts what you are implying when you get offended by stuff like this... You are basicaly agreeing with the racists. You are saying yes thats really bad... Its inferior you know. Wouldnt wanna be caught with one of those. And so on.

So uou are basicaly using a racist argument to argue against racism...

So i guess you should drop it. Now i think you mean well and there are certainly reasons to be worked up about thesethings. But your arguments are sometimes well... shit.

Then these Sawyer quotes. I can do that too... Check it out.

THE WORLD IS SHIT! FUCK!

See how i didnt explain WHY the world is shit i just said that it is.

Well he mentiones Overpopulation. You know... Maybe. There are too many people on the planet. I guess theres not enough room for all of us. Or not enough recources. So some people just have to go i guess. Which people? Well i guess the poor people. The people that dont have anything. They are the "over" part in overpopulation... Because we just cant make enough stuff for everybody.

You know... its too bad really.

Thers a fixed amount of recources and theres just too many of us...

But one time when my boiler broke and i couldnt get another... I noticed that this isnt really true. There were actually a ton of boilers in the world left because i could see them... loads of them in the store. Its that i didnt had any money... So i fugured out that poverty is not when yoy lack things but a lack of money to BUY things...

And you can mesuare it scientificaly. You just open your wallet and measure it.

So money is like a natural recource i guess. Even though it doesnt come from nature actually... Hmmm

So this whole overpopulation argument is basicaly bullshit. Theres enough recources for everybody! But not enough money and thats a whole other thing...

It's ironic that would you quote the following from Sawyer in that thread:

Delta Green is the only CoC game/setting where more than 5% of campaigns go beyond three sessions anyway -- and for good reason. Stock, old-fashioned Chaosium CoC is great if you want to simulate the story experiences heavily, but it kind of blows as a game.

Because most Obsidian games kind of blow as games.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Delta Green is the only CoC game/setting where more than 5% of campaigns go beyond three sessions anyway -- and for good reason. Stock, old-fashioned Chaosium CoC is great if you want to simulate the story experiences heavily, but it kind of blows as a game.

Sawyer would agree that most Obsidian games are bad though????

Rake

Arcane

Sawyer would agree that most Obsidian games are bad though????
New Vegas is bad as well.

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
SORRY FOR THE LENGTH BUT I CANT EXPLAIN THIS ANY OTHER WAY

Im saying Shadow Warrior is not racist BUT Rougey is being one by being offended by its stereotypes... It IS stereotypical but why be offended by that...

Here is my reasoning.

You can ONLY be offendd by Shadow Warrior if your a racist or if your a confused antiracist. How so?

Well ive been thinking really hard about this the whole day and maybe its bullshit but ill type it anyway. So hear me out.

FIRST. WHAT IS A RACIST?

A guy who HATES in this case all japanese people (for some reason). thats the definition ok.

Then

If this guy then plays SW and sees the sterriotypes he will say: OMG these japanese... they talk funny they all look alike and so on. He says that these are BAD things when compared to nonjapanese.

Then the antiracist will come and say: YES thats bad but not all japanese are like that...These are steriotypes okay. He says: THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCES BETWEN US.
Thats the argument.

BUT! the rascit is saying these things are bad because he ALREADY hates the japanese(for some reason)... Therefore he finds these REAL diferences are BAD things.

But talking funny and looking alike are not really bad or good thinsg... Theyr just things.

I mean come on asian people really DO look alike... I was watching a movie recently and i had kindof a hard time following whos who you know... I mean.... Does this make me a racist???

But it doenst. ONLY if you ALREADY hate the Japanese you will say that this isa bad thing.

So the antiracist should not be offended by stereotypes AT ALL. He should say yeah they look alike... So??!?!

So bottom line: if you DONT hate the japanese and you play SW and you ALSO think they talk funny and all look alike then you are NOT a racist... You can even DISLIKE some of the things they do but you can only be trully OFFENDED and constantly talk about it if you really hate them for some OTHER reason...

???

Now THe qustion is why would someone hate ALL the japanese ? WHAT IS THE REASON?

Well i dont think this is posible. I mean if some japanese guy steped on my foot or something i would hate HIM but not the rest of them... I mean how can i when i dont even know them. They are somewhere in Japan.
So whats the reason?!@

The reason is NATIONALISAM.... Because a nationalist is a guy who is really REALLY into his nation which is like ALL the people of his nation.

So.... if he is capable to LOVE ALL the people in his nation then its also posible for such a guy to HATE ALL the people of some other nation... for example Japan.

Goddam i think i am a fucking genius!

So now for him it really is posible to hate ALL the Japanese...
So these racists are actually not racists they are just nationalists... Or in fact all nationalists are racists. They just HAVE to be beacuse if your a nationalist then kinda automaticaly you have to be a racist too... Like a national racist.

Ill have to think soem more about that... But i think this is essentialy corect.

So when Rougey sais that Shadow Warrior is offensive because not ALL Japanese are like that then automaticaly when someone comes a long who IS like that it tuns out that you AGREE with the racist that being like that is a BAD thing...

So you shouldnt be pointing out steriotypes AT ALL to him becasue thats not why he hates the japanese. He hates them becasue they belong to another NATION so automaticaly all these stereotypes will be bad FOR HIM only.

And yuo should talk about nationalism to him instead. but thats a whole other thing...

I hope that made sense.:salute::salute::salute:

....................................................................................................

NOW

In light of all this im gonna have to ask you a question now Rougey... Do you think that asian people all look alike when compared to eurpeans for example?

And that most talk funny

And if someone showed it in a game this would be bad why???

AN HONEST QUESTION

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
New Vegas is bad as well.
Cool marginal opinion bro.

Marginal? New Vegas rocks, but with regards to game balance? It sucks. Even with Sawyer's patch you rock the Godmode fairly soon, and nothing Sawyer did fixed VATS or the piss-poor shooting mechanics. Some enemies added by Sawyer set out to fix some of these problem (Cazadores), but since the mechanics are shit they just become HP sponges that take a little more Godmode to auto-defeat than other mobs.

Not harking on Sawyer mind, what he did with New Vegas was cool n' shit. Just saying that it is hardly a marginal opinion that the core gameplay mechanics of New Vegas are at best a patched version of The Ultimate Shit (tm): Fallout 3.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Marginal? New Vegas rocks, but with regards to game balance? It sucks. Even with Sawyer's patch you rock the Godmode fairly soon, and nothing Sawyer did fixed VATS or the piss-poor shooting mechanics. Some enemies added by Sawyer set out to fix some of these problem (Cazadores), but since the mechanics are shit they just become HP sponges that take a little more Godmode to auto-defeat than other mobs.

Not harking on Sawyer mind, what he did with New Vegas was cool n' shit. Just saying that it is hardly a marginal opinion that the core gameplay mechanics of New Vegas are at best a patched version of The Ultimate Shit (tm): Fallout 3.
Yes, these opinions are marginal.

http://new.spring.me/#!/JESawyer/q/235975522612416302

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Yes, these opinions are marginal.

http://new.spring.me/#!/JESawyer/q/235975522612416302

Your link has no relevance at all to the discussion. It's just Sawyer calling it fun. If we're discussing mainstream opinion, our discussion is useless. Mainstream considers BioShock: Infinite - a game Sawyer should rightly hate (his "aping cinema" quote) - to be the pinnacle of game storytelling.

However it was clear we were discussing Codex Consensus. Which is that New Vegas rocks because of faction mechanics, stories, characters, world building, etc., but the core gameplay sucks ass.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
However it was clear we were discussing Codex Consensus.

I certainly wasn't. The Codex is marginal.

The majority of Josh Sawyer's intended target audience thought it was fun, i.e. "As long as we feel that we hit those goals and the majority of players agree, we can't worry about the margins who a) never agreed with those goals or b) don't feel we met them."

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
However it was clear we were discussing Codex Consensus.

I certainly wasn't.

Refer:

If we're discussing mainstream opinion, our discussion is useless. Mainstream considers BioShock: Infinite - a game Sawyer should rightly hate (his "aping cinema" quote) - to be the pinnacle of game storytelling.

Mainstream opinion holds aboslute 0 value for discussion of quality.

Sawyer would agree ("aping cinema" comment).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom