Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII decides to LAH LAH to PC

jimmy_pvish

Savant
Also cool was Liu Bei asking me to find out about a LEGENDARY wine he wanted to try somewhere in the north, deep within Cao Cao's territory. 1.5 month later, we finished our road trips and become best friends after sharing a bottle of legendary grape juice. SO MUCH AMAZE.

Seem realistic enough in the era where you can make someone to kill his own adopt father by giving him a horse.

And 1.5 month? why so long?
Last time Liu Bei sworn to be brother with a convince murderer and a random butcher after talking to them for like 30 minutes.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Also cool was Liu Bei asking me to find out about a LEGENDARY wine he wanted to try somewhere in the north, deep within Cao Cao's territory. 1.5 month later, we finished our road trips and become best friends after sharing a bottle of legendary grape juice. SO MUCH AMAZE.

Seem realistic enough in the era where you can make someone to kill his own adopt father by giving him a horse.

And 1.5 month? why so long?
Last time Liu Bei sworn to be brother with a convince murderer and a random butcher after talking to them for like 30 minutes.

The distance to that city was 44 days. No actual skill needed.
Just travel to the town he mentioned, pay bribe to guard and investigate for ten days.
You are now best friend lah.

Tigranes

Arcane
Real time combat is the worst thing they could have done, really. Might as well stick to 2, 4/5, 7, 11.

Tripicus

Augur
I've only ever played RotTK 2, 3, 4 and 9 before this entry. The direct control of officers in this is new to me, but seems like needless busy work as RK47 pointed out. I was hoping the relation charts would've been a good way to add a semi historic depth to influence between generals and leaders.

The actual battles being real time intrinsically doesn't really bother me, but the whole experience is unsatisfying so far, sitting around watching numbers slowly decrease and clicking on the off special attack. With 9 it seemed like you were managing varied logistics of war and the distant perspective reinforced that. Here you are close to the action, but it hasn't been engaging for such a perspective.

And watching your armies travel to their destinations/battleground constrained along roads with wide open plains between them is aesthetically jarring.

RK47

Patron
I've only ever played RotTK 2, 3, 4 and 9 before this entry. And watching your armies travel to their destinations/battleground constrained along roads with wide open plains between them is aesthetically jarring.

There's this nice patch you gotta pay to download tho. When you load the game after installing the patch you will notice two I missing from the title and the image changed. This is normal. Enjoy an improved experience.

Also, item store UI is pathetically bad. This is 2016, motherfuckers.

10.jpg

if u want more info , click on 'I'
You wont know if it's Weapon/Treasure/Book/Alcohol until you click on the Info button
Where it'll turn into a table format, showing what stat it boosts and what sort of category item it is.
I mean wtf, I can easily fit that info in the default view screen

WHY EVEN HIDE IT CIBAI

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Played swedish version, uninstalled after 3 hours
Make me wish X with PUK and english translation exist

X PUK has a complete translation lol

Really? I thought the translation was unfinished. I can't seem to find the forum I saw the patch on.

I got it off some thai forum some time back. Either way, as long as you have the UI and officer names translated you don't need anything else. Dialogue is the same as it's always been.

RK47

Patron
To him, conversations and flavor dialogues are unimportant and doesn't need translations.

RK47

Patron
If the translation sucks you have no imagination breh

oneliner

Educated
It bored the hell out of me after some hours... time to go back to ROTKXI Sansire...

Emily

Arcane
Fuck real time combat just sucks

Man I think X was prob the best one in the end

I really liked controlling individual officer rather than a force myself, and the tier system where you can become viceroy etc

Is there any similar game to Rotk X? I liked Rotk 11 as well, but without PUK don't even bother, game is too easy without PUK

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The game fucking sucks. Instead of adding in 100 new characters people will never play as, what they need to do is add in about 300 new events to make the game less of a monotonous slog. It's a roleplaying game with 0 role playing. It is an extremely successful watch numbers slowly go up game, though.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Heh, they released Powerup Kit as a DLC (available in Japanese and Chinese only at the moment):

It's very sensible thing for a company like Koei.

RK47

Patron
I will buy it once they've turned the language into first world.
I killed 200,000 men.
Executed Xiahou brothers.
The entire Yuan and Cao family too.
And married Cao Pi's widow for this moment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom