Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2016 Role-Playing Game of the Year & Age of Incline Voting

FeelTheRads

Arcane
However, if you only count votes of people that voted for both AoD and Underrail, AoD beat Underrail. Albeit very marginally.

Lurker King it too dumb and butthurt and VD's dick it too far down his throat (and going deeper every day) to realize AoD is simply more polarizing.

Durr AoD had more 5s. Well, it also had more 1s. So? But that doesn't count cuz cuz how can you give a 1 to my favorite gaem????
The butthurts even calculated who would've won if you remove the votes of 1, because 1s are not fair guise!!!

Sure, everyone voted AoD 1 so Underrail could win, even those who gave Underrail a 4.

Or maybe they gave 1s to garbage. Seems like the simple explanation.

Jazz_

Arcane
I only gave 1 to Shadowrun, the Codex seems to love it so I was like ''let's try this'' and it felt like playing a shitty tablet game.

my best were:

2012: Grimrock
2013: Expeditions: Conquistador
2014: hannus horribilis, I don't have a favorite
2015: Underrail
2016: Dungeon Rats

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
There are shitload of stuff in AoD that will keep you remembering game that simply doesn't exist in PoE.

But hey, it as game made VD, so it must be crap a priori! Because.. ah, teleports!

jesus fucking christ! people actually made multiple accounts just to bring down, or to raise, a game's ranking!?

i find that more pathetic than usual codex shenanigans...

get a fucking grip people.

You measure someone's worth by the way he deals with small things.

Only a retarded self-hating minority, and there are ways to identify and eliminate those scumbags. Pepe did it before, and he will do it again.

He only eliminated Blaine's votes. On any count without UR rabid fanboys stupid downvoting, AoD would have won the GOTY of the past year.

MrMarbles

Cipher
'12 - Dark Souls
'15 - AoD, easiest top rating by far

'13, '14, '16 - No worthy contenders for the 5/5, although DR and Dragon's Dogma come close.

Pentagon

Educated
Hi everyone, I've been reading the wonderfully in-depth reviews here for a while, so I decided to make an account for the vote. Here's my choices:

Legend of Grimrock: 3
I liked the game, but I wished it had a turn based mode. Having to think in real time was far too stressful.

FTL: 4
A great roguelike that I still play today.

Will Fight for Food: 3
I loved the dialogue system, but the game was way too short.

Divinity: Original Sin: 4
Amazing turn-based combat, but I didn't like how the dialogue system conferred state bonuses, since it took out role-playing elements.

NEO Scavenger: 4
I died so many times! But when I finally won, I felt fantastic.

The Banner Saga: 4
Great art, music, story, solid combat. What's not to love?

Wasteland 2: 4
Felt at times like it was unpolished, but it's just fun blasting through the wasteland with some rangers. Really looking forward to Wasteland 3!

Age of Decadence: 4
I love how this game keeps punching you in the balls! But it feels very unpolished. Really excited for what this studio produces in the future.

Invisible, Inc.: 4
The most 'fair' roguelike I've ever played. But the gameplay starts to feel repetitive after 40 hours. For the price though, very excellent.

Pillars of Eternity: 5
As close to a perfect game in the past 5 years. The combat, music, art, dialogue, world building... everything is executed to an extremely high level to deliver a near-perfect rpg experience.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong: 4
Great writing, creative missions, although combat gets pretty easy after the first mission.

Sunless Sea: 4
An incredibly creative world. The best writing since Planescape Torment. Unfortunately it's a little grindy at times.

Underrail: 4
Gave me the closest vibes to Fallout since New Vegas. And absolutely exquisite skill and combat system that's the best I've ever seen in an RPG. But reptive enemies, boring writing, and a sloggish pace holds it back from perfection.

Undertale: 4
A nice critique of the RPG genre. Not sure why the fanbase is so rabid though.

Darkest Dungeon: 4
An immaculate system for making you feel helpless. A little grindy for the late game though. Maybe the new Radiant mode will fix that.

Steve Jackson's Sorcery!: 4
Great writing, nice choice and consequence. Really enjoyed the final act.

Void Pyramid: 3
Not a bad game, but didn't capture my imagination.

sstacks

Arcane
I think PoE problem is that after you finish it you don't have memory of what you did aside from Grieving mother story and her banter. Maybe Durance.

I was just thinking earlier today that I have put 58 hours into PoE according to Steam and I barely remember it.

sstacks

Arcane
Hi everyone, I've been reading the wonderfully in-depth reviews here for a while, so I decided to make an account for the vote. Here's my choices:.

Great post and summaries for why you voted as you did. You're not allowed to make well done posts like this on the Codex, but since it's your first time they may let you slide.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Voted.
Well, all these polls are meaningless enterprise, all it can bring is a most popular game, not better game, that's point of a polls.
But anyway, I guess it bring relevant data for Administration (tm) in a sense what kind of tastes have folk that populate Codex, something like that.
Otherwise it is useless.
Most of games have a little with RPG, but oh well..

Don't understand all that hussle with Underrail vs AoD battle. I like both, gave to both 5 with all honesty.
Also remembered Driftmoon - cute little game I stole back in the days, but still remember it and feel guilty for that.
Time to buy it and send a sorry letter to devs - as far as I rememeber they are a couple. )

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
UR rabid fanboys

lul, I have yet to see an Underrail fanboy go to other websites to talk shit about AoD which is what one of VD's zombies (namely Goral) is doing with Underrail.

But, yeah, keep dreaming that a piece of shit like AoD lost because Underrail's fanboys wanted it to lose. Also probably never occurred to you that even with all these totally fake negative votes it got, it would've also won if, you know, it actually had more people rating it better or giving a shit about it in the first place. But I imagine is hard to think when you have the dick of the best game designer and writer in history down your throat.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I have yet to see an Underrail fanboy go to other websites to talk shit about AoD which is what one of VD's zombies (namely Goral) is doing with Underrail
lol
If calling UR "one of the best RPGs in years" (although that was before I've reached Deep Caverns) is talking shit about Underrail then...

And it's ironic you say that because it's you who are talking shit about Age of Decadence (literally, i.e. you're calling it shit) whenever you have the chance, even though you know nothing about this game. What's more you're lying about this game out of spite (which I don't understand but whatever), now that's a definition of a cultist: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-game-of-the-year.106067/page-4#post-4311525

With toro it's also ironic, first he says:
Check your facts: AoD fanbois were the ones which perpetrated a brigade down-voting against Underrail.

Yeah, there were more votes of AoD 5/Underrail 1 than Underrail 5/Aod 1 compared to the overall votes for both games.

Underrail won in spite of these insecure little bitches.
and once his lie/stupidity is exposed he had no choice but to admit he was talking shit. Seriously, what else can you think about someone who tells you to check your facts when he doesn't check them themselves?

Your butthurt is clear as day and you won't even bother to discuss substantively but only by making personal attacks. Whatever.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I have yet to see an Underrail fanboy go to other websites to talk shit about AoD which is what one of VD's zombies (namely Goral) is doing with Underrail
lol
If calling UR "one of the best RPGs in years" (although that was before I've reached Deep Caverns) is talking shit about Underrail then...

And it's ironic you say that because it's you who are talking shit about Age of Decadence (literally, i.e. you're calling it shit) whenever you have the chance, even though you know nothing about this game. What's more you're lying about this game out of spite (which I don't understand but whatever), now that's a definition of a cultist: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-game-of-the-year.106067/page-4#post-4311525

With toro it's also ironic, first he says:
Check your facts: AoD fanbois were the ones which perpetrated a brigade down-voting against Underrail.

Yeah, there were more votes of AoD 5/Underrail 1 than Underrail 5/Aod 1 compared to the overall votes for both games.

Underrail won in spite of these insecure little bitches.
and once his lie/stupidity is exposed he had no choice but to admit he was talking shit. Seriously, what else can you think about someone who tells you to check your facts when he doesn't check them themselves?

Your butthurt is clear as day and you won't even bother to discuss substantively but only by making personal attacks. Whatever.

Are you so retarded or just pretending !?

I fucked up and I admitted it ... which is completely different from the shit you are pulling off.

You went to multiple forums to bad mouth Underrail and you went as far as persuading some people to buy AoD instead of Underrail. Not to mention trolling Styg and Underrail discussions on Steam forums.

In other words: my mistake doesn't excuse your hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness. You are a piece of shit and you should own your mistakes. Fucking shill.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
war of big-endian vs. pointed tips...
gulliver-019.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom