Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2016 Role-Playing Game of the Year & Age of Incline Voting

Please do not use "GOTY voting" and "incline" in the same sentence

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
In before Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen finishes second in 2016 Game of the Year voting due to Codexers being able to vote Fallout best game of 2016 vicariously through Fallout 1.5: Resurrection. :M I saw this coming...

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
So less than 15% of RPG Fraudex played Fallout 1.5 Resurrection. This must be some kind of motherfucking joke.

Also, The Witcher 3 was both more played and more loved than Underrail. I'm dying.

purpleblob

Savant
Love the chart! Pretty happy with Stardew Valley, did much better than I thought it would :) Also happy about The Witcher 3.

I'm curious about this Fallout 1.5, can anyone direct me to link for this game?

V_K

Arcane
While our brave team of analysts check the data and prepare the results posts, I leave you with this:

cp9sKL5.jpg
1. DOS
2. Underrail
3. AoD
4. Dragonfall
5. Witcher 3 or Neo Scavenger, can go either way. Possibly Grimrock 2, but less likely.
PoE was very low in its own year's poll, I don't see any reason why it'd fair much better now.
Looks like I got all the Top5 titles right, though probably not the order. What do I win?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure how to interpret that chart then, to me it looks like what V_K said. Curious of what the final results will look like.

Legends of Eisenwald in the don't even bother region makes me a bit mad, its such a wonderful game. And what controversy was there about Grimrock? I liked Dragonfall a lot but instant classic and higher rated than DOS? I don't know (I can't remember what I voted DF as though). Also, I can't find Templar Battleforce, its probably in the Who? area, may I ask how many people voted for it?

Will the final result differ if it is adjusted for troll voting (I assume you put a trap in there again?) and new accounts?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The graph shows positive & negative %, not average score. A game might have a high positive % but very few 5/5s, so he wouldn't be as high on the list.

And I only removed 6 trolls votes who spammed votes left & right and activated my trap: Masters of the Northern Throne sounds awesome, but does not exist. :shittydog:

Archibald

Arcane
Well if I understand correctly he is using similar system to Rotten Tomatoes where movies get fresh/rotten rating based on positive/negative reviews.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope the data will be made publicly available, so that I can choose the winner that I want perform some robust analysis.

V_K

Arcane
Well if I understand correctly he is using similar system to Rotten Tomatoes where movies get fresh/rotten rating based on positive/negative reviews.
RT gives both this rating, and an average score. And when you look at the movies that have like 80% fresh rating but a 6 average, you realize how ridiculous it is.
I'd say this system is only good for classifying games into very broad categories, the granularity of that chart is very misleading. The horizontal axis should have been average score instead.

Archibald

Arcane
Well isn't that what he is doing? Putting games in broad categories? I mean granularity could have been removed entirely and it would still serve same purpose.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The horizontal axis should have been average score instead.
nHp2nxM.png

Is this really more informative than the previous one? I think not.

I hope the data will be made publicly available, so that I can choose the winner that I want perform some robust analysis.
All the votings I managed had public results and the full data available for download, this will as well - as much math drama as that leads to afterwards.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
In before Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen finishes second in 2016 Game of the Year voting due to Codexers being able to vote Fallout best game of 2016 vicariously through Fallout 1.5: Resurrection. :M I saw this coming...

Going to try to do a LP/review in an attempt to get 1.5 more exposure at NMA when I can.

V_K

Arcane
Is this really more informative than the previous one?
It's much more amusing, that's for sure.
I see that the part where I've been wrong is apparently that Dark Souls (or, less likely, FO1.5) beat Dragonfall to Top5? I'd say 4 out of 5 is still a pretty good prediction.
Witcher 3 obviously beating Underrail, and likely beating AoD and DOS as well (depending on how far down Bayesian average will take it) is one huge WTF moment.
I'd say it's time to change the name of the site to ARPG Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom