Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Game of the Year 2015 - VOTING HAS BEGUN [AUTISM ALERT]

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It could be argued that such emotional engagement to a game says a lot about its quality.

Still, I agree, script voting would be really quite easy and toss in endless votes with relative ease. Even without script, seeing the time some people spend writing walls of text in defense (or hatred) of a game, it's not hard to imagine some no-lifers spending a couple of hours spamming votes.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
this is a place full of obsessive people.

20307.jpg

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
What about voting through Steam? I doubt that people would spend $5 on every vote just to make their favourite game win.

Mortmal

Arcane
Serpents in the staglands :5/5:
So yes a flawed masterpiece but they dare to try something new ,unique alien setting, puzzles are memorable, in fact many things are more memorable than other titles.

Underrail :3/5:
Beggining is fantastic, end game cause me such frustration and anger i did not finish it, its just impossible .

AOD :3/5:
Good attempt , mature setting, but a bit short. Too much forced replayability, you have to do the same encounters multiple time with each new build to even see all areas,it get boring quick. Not sure to succeed if you miss only one skill point .

Shadowrun hong kong:4/5:
Not as good than last one but entertaining enough , would back their next game again.

Witcher :5/5:
A jewel on the crown of poland , enough said.

Fallout 4 :4/5:
Dumbed down shooter with some rpg elements, good trekking , exactly what was advertised, no bad surprise . Bethesda still do popamole and still does it good.A rpg ? Err theres some stats i guess...

POE :2/5:
Looks like BG3, expected BG3 end up with a mediocre game filled with trash encounters.
Sword coast legends :deadhorse:
A scam , avoid at all costs. No seriously.

Tigranes

Arcane
The fact that this poll is basically a free for all bothers me.. There are enough no life chuckle fucks on this forum that would just love to give PoE 10/5 30 times a day.

Pretty sure we have more desperate people spamming 1/5s, since most POE 'lovers' have moved on while many POE 'haters' are stuck repeating durr hurr POE in every other thread.

We'll probably see idiot-votes cancel themselves out across all the games.

I would say the opposite has happened. Most PoE threads have turned into a large circle jerk orgy now that most haters have moved on to shit on new threads. It's gotten down right cringe worthy.

That's natural. I very rarely go to a Shadowrun thread because I thought the games were OK but now I'm done with them. You'd have to be some depraved weirdo to check in there every day if you weren't still playing the game, so people who are negative will only pop by when there's news.

Hell, I liked POE as everyone knows, but I'm not playing it at the moment so I don't really go there.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
People complained about the voting system last year with exactly the same arguments and the poll turned out just fine, so I suggest everybody relaxes.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
What about voting on a damn thread?

Felipepepe said that counting votes manually would be a bother, and voting them automatically is faulty.
It's not faulty if you estabilish how it's going to be parsed. If people can't follow voting rules then they are too stupid to take into account anyway.

I also thought that. Assigning a number to each game and telling people to just write numbers in their posts would make votes easier to count and eliminate retards.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
People complained about the voting system last year with exactly the same arguments and the poll turned out just fine
It could have been much better. And this poll might turn out to be shitty, if it was done on the Codex the results wouldn't be as trollish at least (assuming it would be public).

Fairfax

Arcane
Dumbed down shooter with some rpg elements, good trekking , exactly what was advertised, no bad surprise . Bethesda still do popamole and still does it good.A rpg ? Err theres some stats i guess...
:killit:

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
I have such a backlog when it comes to rpgs, and never play more than one at a time (yes yes, I am severely autistic that way), so the only rpg released in 2015 I've played is AoD, which is obviously :5/5:.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
People complained about the voting system last year with exactly the same arguments and the poll turned out just fine
It could have been much better. And this poll might turn out to be shitty, if it was done on the Codex the results wouldn't be as trollish at least (assuming it would be public).
Bullshit. We did the Top 70 RPG by voting on a thread and had a shitload of trolls. Fallout 3 would have made into the top 30 if I didn't weed them out. With fewer people voting, each troll & alt has a much bigger weight and can easily tilt the voting.

Also, last year I also got this "there are better ways" shit, but no one ever rose up to take the lead and do this with a better system...

I'm not part of the staff bro (you'll notice that this poll didn't even get a newspost), I just began doing these because I like going thought all the data and finding out how people view these games. Before that we only had was things like the Top 50 RPG voting in 2013 and a general Best games of 2012. FFS, the 2011 voting included all genres and only had 69 votes. Oh, and Dark Souls won, still as a console-exclusive, with 29 votes.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Also, last year I also got this "there are better ways" shit, but no one ever rose up to take the lead and do this with a better system...

This is an important point.. Is this the best / least biased Polling System ever? No..
More importantly though, Is anyone here actually gonna do something better?:M

Mortmal

Arcane
Almost everyone played it, those were day one purchase people were clearly aware of what they were getting, such anticipation,so many codex megathreads so many boxes sold.... There's an average 60-80 hours on codex group ,mostly positive reviews on steam, they must be doing something right. I am not going with the flock giving 5/5 to underrail and 5/5 to AOD just to look cool and harvest brofists when i indeed had more fun shooting mutants in boston.Giving a lesser score is just plain dishonest.

Fairfax

Arcane
Almost everyone played it, those were day one purchase people were clearly aware of what they were getting, such anticipation,so many codex megathreads so many boxes sold.... There's an average 60-80 hours on codex group ,mostly positive reviews on steam, they must be doing something right. I am not going with the flock giving 5/5 to underrail and 5/5 to AOD just to look cool and harvest brofists when i indeed had more fun shooting mutants in boston.Giving a lesser score is just plain dishonest.
Always good to be honest, sure, but 4/5? It improved one thing about its gameplay and everything else managed to be worse than FO3, which is saying something. It was also an absolutely terrible PC port and a buggy mess as usual.
Also, It didn't do "exactly as advertised" and you started your sentence with "dumbed down shooter". You may not be trying hard with 5/5s to look cool, but the edge is still sharp.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
As long as you don't talk about muh skills or muh blank slate, both arguments being used for FO3 made me laugh too much already.

Mortmal

Arcane
Always good to be honest, sure, but 4/5? It improved one thing about its gameplay and everything else managed to be worse than FO3, which is saying something. It was also an absolutely terrible PC port and a buggy mess as usual.
Also, It didn't do "exactly as advertised" and you started your sentence with "dumbed down shooter". You may not be trying hard with 5/5s to look cool, but the edge is still sharp.

Its a dumbed down shooter compare to the like of quake , those shooters had better gameplay back then when we were rocket jumping all the way to school uphill both ways... Dumbed down compared to stalker games too. But yet its still fun and its like in the gameplay videos, jsut as advertised. A terrible pc port ? i have not encountered any slowdown nor bugs and it ran pefectly fine on my old homemade PC.
Worse than FO3 ? Stop the bullshiting indeed, it plays better on every aspect and they added some nice if unfinished village building over it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom