Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex History & Past Members

Unwanted

SwiftRider

Unwanted
Hello

For those of you who might have seen some of my posts, I'm a new member to this website and forum. My question is, has the audience base always been like this, or was there a time when there were lots more people? I'm not implying that the forum is currently suffering in terms of members and posts, quite the opposite really. But I do get the feeling that during a specific year, RPG Codex had 10x the number of members now and most of them have left due to personal or family reasons. So, a quick history about the forum and how it came about would be appreciated from experienced and veteran members.

Regards

Unwanted

SwiftRider

Unwanted
You're wrong. There are now more people here than ever.

~Quinn

I couldn't say, because I came across this forum a few months ago, but I like the atmosphere and passion for CRPGs here.

More people but less personalities and communal bond (or impression of less personalities because the social cohesion isn't as tight as it used to be).

Seems as though the forum has lost some admirable and enjoyable members in the past. Kind of makes me feel that I should have registered a long time ago, if I had known of course.

Sup, Drog.

Sup

We don't take too kindly to your kind around those parts, furfag.

You've lost me here. You said "those parts" so I'm guessing you don't want me to know about the past of this forum. Or, you're talking complete and utter bullsh*t. I'd wager the second option as being the most relevant.

Unwanted

SwiftRider

Unwanted
It's a ritual, all newfags go through this. You'll love it here, eventually.

To speed it up, post as much as you can in the Site Feedback and try to cozy up to the chief admin (flatter him a lot).
Worked for me :thumbsup:

I appreciate the advice, but I was aware of the process because I have another account with this forum, and as you can imagine, I got targeted a lot. It's kind of like the pledges that go through mundane tasks to prove themselves of being worthy to join the pack.

DraQ

Arcane
It's a ritual, all newfags go through this. You'll love it here, eventually.

To speed it up, post as much as you can in the Site Feedback and try to cozy up to the chief admin (flatter him a lot).
Worked for me :thumbsup:

I appreciate the advice, but I was aware of the process because I have another account with this forum, and as you can imagine, I got targeted a lot. It's kind of like the pledges that go through mundane tasks to prove themselves of being worthy to join the pack.
So you're an alt then?
:troll:
What are you not telling us?

Unwanted

SwiftRider

Unwanted
So you're an alt then?
:troll:
What are you not telling us?

I did tell the members of staff, I told them multiple times to delete my previous account, but people have a tendency of not listening here.

Monty

Arcane
I did tell the members of staff, I told them multiple times to delete my previous account, but people have a tendency of not listening here.
Don't fret, SwiftRider, the staff will be along to assist you soon. They're very helpful like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom