Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Report: Gamescom 2016 - Mount & Blade 2, Kingdom Come, SpellForce 3, South Park 2 and more

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
HobGoblin42

whatever happened to the turn-based game you were working on?

I am now working full-time on it since the start of this month (I left Grimlore end of August).

Are you planning to found a new studio for it?
No, not a studio in the traditional sense with an office and permanent employees. My projects will be as niche as 'Underrail' or 'Age of Decadence' (and I also favour the way VD organized his team). Hopefully my results will be nearly as good as theirs.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
HobGoblin42

whatever happened to the turn-based game you were working on?

I am now working full-time on it since the start of this month (I left Grimlore end of August).

Are you planning to found a new studio for it?
No, not a studio in the traditional sense with an office and permanent employees. My projects will be as niche as 'Underrail' or 'Age of Decadence' (and I also favour the way VD organized his team). Hopefully my results will be nearly as good as theirs.

Nice. Make a thread as soon as you have something to show!

Is all previous work on the buried game lost to the reanimators at Big Moon Studios?

Whatever the case, excellent news. All the best to you and good luck with your effort.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014

Is all previous work on the buried game lost to the reanimators at Big Moon Studios?

Whatever the case, excellent news. All the best to you and good luck with your effort.

I will report about that specific issue later but not in this thread which should remain on-topic. Thanks for the wishes.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In other words: we have a whole lot of content for you, and we're eager to get it all published before Christmas.

Mission failed. I would suggest Bubbles commit seppuku to atone, but he's done that already. :)

Fairfax

Arcane
In other words: we have a whole lot of content for you, and we're eager to get it all published before Christmas.

Mission failed. I would suggest Bubbles commit seppuku to atone, but he's done that already. :)
I don't think he's the one who came up with the 1 post per week rule.

Fairfax

Arcane
I don't think he's the one who came up with the 1 post per week rule.

Is the final gamescom report ready, and if so, since when?
I know as much as everyone else, I just heard about this policy a few days ago. Bubbles did say in some thread that he was going to deliver everything no matter what, so it probably is. Also, someone in shoutbox claimed to have read the transcript of Sawyer's interview, so they might be sitting on that as well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I know as much as everyone else, I just heard about this policy a few days ago.

Eh, I vaguely recall someone mentioning it quite a while ago. Makes sense to me, don't want a situation where you have an overwhelming flood of content followed by months of complete inactivity.

Bubbles did say in some thread that he was going to deliver everything no matter what, so it probably is. Also, someone in shoutbox claimed to have read the transcript of Sawyer's interview, so they might be sitting on that as well.

I dunno how the queue works but it seems to me that the final gamescom report would have higher priority over a review about a game almost no one here cares about (as admitted in the very post about it) if it were truly in a finished state ready for publication.

Fairfax

Arcane
I know as much as everyone else, I just heard about this policy a few days ago.

Eh, I vaguely recall someone mentioning it quite a while ago. Makes sense to me, don't want a situation where you have an overwhelming flood of content followed by months of complete inactivity.

Bubbles did say in some thread that he was going to deliver everything no matter what, so it probably is. Also, someone in shoutbox claimed to have read the transcript of Sawyer's interview, so they might be sitting on that as well.

I dunno how the queue works but it seems to me that the final gamescom report would have higher priority over a review about a game almost no one here cares about (as admitted in the very post about it) if it were truly in a finished state ready for publication.
I don't think it'd make much of a difference. It's not like the frontpage only has original content, you'd still have tons of news posts to fill the gaps. Sitting on these things for too long only makes them less relevant as time passes.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't think it'd make much of a difference. It's not like the frontpage only has original content, you'd still have tons of news posts to fill the gaps. Sitting on these things for too long only makes them less relevant as time passes.

The gamescom stuff being late is on account of the length and the time it takes to write them, not because of the queue. There were a couple of weeks where nothing was posted in November and only a single article was posted in October.

Codex reviews are always late so time is never of the essence, so I doubt they were like "Sorry, this has to wait its turn we need to crank out this Dwarves review first!"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The final Gamescom report is not ready, but hopefully it won't be long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom