Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since the game still doesn't feature proper mouse support, I just out of curiosity tried running it on Wine on my linux laptop.
Funny enough, the game and the mouse work just fine there :lol:

linmukai

Savant
Oh, well a dozen post-launch patches is a sure sign of excellence. There is probably nary a bug to be found now I bet. I imagine some excellent documentation has also been released? Also, my comment was about if the game was ever finished, not if some poor souls managed to finish playing it such as the reviewer.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You should wait until the super-duper final version comes out on GOG. See you in another year!

linmukai

Savant
Stones of Arnhem remastered was never a great idea to begin with considering how the original never did see the light of day and we know who tanked that project. The idea that this will ever be fully fixed and documented is pretty far fetched, particularly the fully fixed part. How much more evidence is needed to convey what ought to be obvious?

Edit: that question is not directed at anyone in particular aside of the "faithful" in general.

linmukai

Savant
Well it is out but I was thinking we'll never see a polished version of it. We'll never see the potential it had realized because Cleve clearly lacks the wherewithal to deliver the goods here at a standard of quality and completeness his vision deserved. He needed help with this and it could have been good out the door and a long time ago but who could work with that guy for long enough to make that happen?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Oh, well a dozen post-launch patches is a sure sign of excellence

A lot of games have at least twice that number, if not more. If you are going to make an argument that the game is shit, try harder and point out the timeframe which all these patches were made in.

linmukai

Savant
Oh, well a dozen post-launch patches is a sure sign of excellence

A lot of games have at least twice that number, if not more. If you are going to make an argument that the game is shit, try harder and point out the timeframe which all these patches were made in.

A lot of games having even more patches doesn't seem like much of an argument in the game's favor if that was the intention. The simple idea that a dozen patches is not exactly indicative of a quality release in general was the only intended meaning. It isn't. There's nothing further to argue there. Otherwise, I am not here to argue the game is shit. I mentioned earlier I might like playing it myself if it is ever finished. The patches I heard about sound like a good start but is the game finished? Is every single outstanding issue in the release fixed? Is there now quality documentation to go with the game? Would you say it is pretty much a 5 star experience in its genre as it stands right now?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
We'll never see the potential it had realized because Cleve clearly lacks the wherewithal to deliver the goods here at a standard of quality and completeness his vision deserved.

I love it when retards who didn't play the game go on about how it didn't live up to its potential.

Cosmic Bane

Educated
I've never read an article that reaked more of third world butthurt and jealousy. Man, get the fuck over it no one owes you shit in a game or in kissing your ass when you make retarded defacing reviews as if you are Roger Ebert or something. Every criticism is pathetic and most of them are just outright wrong, even at kotaku they have more integrity than this article displays.

Grimoire is the best game made in 1992 and anyone who either doesn't like such games or can't accept it is a dick eating clown, end of story.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
A lot of games having even more patches doesn't seem like much of an argument in the game's favor if that was the intention

I was purposely avoiding the actual question of whether the game was shit or not, as given the mire of controversy the game finds itself in, I feel grossly unqualified to have an opinion on it. However, I do feel qualified to assert that your behaviour is shit, given as you can't be bothered to do basic research about the game and its current condition.

linmukai

Savant
We'll never see the potential it had realized because Cleve clearly lacks the wherewithal to deliver the goods here at a standard of quality and completeness his vision deserved.

I love it when retards who didn't play the game go on about how it didn't live up to its potential.

I love it when morons chime in with worthless comments that contribute zero to the conversation but sound oh, so edgy for their little circle of retards. The very fact you sport damned near 2 million parrots in the time you've been here tells me everything I need to know about you and how little I need to care about a single word you vomit. Go fuck yourself high and mighty one.

I got a refund out of an assclown of Cleve's magnitude from halfway around the world when his little project failed to live up to its potential on a constant basis year after year as was so much fun to talk about once upon a time. You will recall his initial claims about not refunding anyone wanting one until the night before release? It's funny how right after I made a complaint with my state's attorney general who then contacted Indiegogo who admittedly washed their hands pretty much that all of sudden the refunds came out with some bullshit excuse about why vs the former rants. Was that a coincidence? Maybe and maybe not but I don't give a fuck. I got my money. I also enjoyed the ride prior to the decent into retardoland and even more once there until I burned out on idiots like yourself who waste sad amounts of their lives writing absolute shit about damned near nothing. You know, like this post. The difference between me and you though is I am done now. I won't be wasting more time on this. Who am I again? There you go.

Have fun parroting whatever edgy shit makes your fan club cum for you.

linmukai

Savant
A lot of games having even more patches doesn't seem like much of an argument in the game's favor if that was the intention

I was purposely avoiding the actual question of whether the game was shit or not, as given the mire of controversy the game finds itself in, I feel grossly unqualified to have an opinion on it. However, I do feel qualified to assert that your behaviour is shit, given as you can't be bothered to do basic research about the game and its current condition.

Sorry, this horse shit doesn't merit anything more than some token scorn on my way out the door. You are obviously a fool who does the very things he likes to accuse others of. I know plenty about this game and have played some of this game and gave up on this ill fated project after waiting for years on a pledge I made to the first campaign. So yeah, I am qualified to assert plenty about both Cleve and his so called magnum opus. Eat shit.

linmukai

Savant
You know, chastising you clowns was the most fun I've had all morning although it is early. Thanks for providing me the entertainment. Neither of you holds a candle to Cleve but I grew tired of him ages ago. He held up pretty well though. You flash in the pans were good for maybe 10 minutes, max.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Sorry, this horse shit doesn't merit anything more than some token scorn on my way out the door. You are obviously a fool who does the very things he likes to accuse others of

It doesn't take much research or investigation to find whether your posts are shit, as that is plainly obvious and is the universal opinion of most people. I would be surprised if I found you had a productive discussion at some point in your life.

Cosmic Bane

Educated
People like him should just be banned. Even with game released they just yammer on even though they have no desire to play the game or probably even the genre. They definitely would be if they did this in some obshitian thread.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
People like him should just be banned. Even with game released they just yammer on even though they have no desire to play the game or probably even the genre. They definitely would be if they did this in some obshitian thread.

This is intense irony coming from someone who has recently been sighted pushing batshit insane conspiracy theories about the CRPG Addict that can only be explained by shitposting, as I don't believe anyone is really that stupid.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i'm gonna call ppl flashes in pans all the time now that is hilarious.

you... you panflasher!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom