Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2017 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

Jason Liang

Arcane
Battletech 4 Codex RPGotY 2018!!!

Monkeysattva

Cipher
gLgygrigagnfags win???
If this happens, I think the new tagline of the site should be: "The tumbler of RPG elitism." Slice.

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Roqua often makes a good point then followed by an avalanche of diarrhea. Thats just how he posts.
Yeah,i have learned to half-read him. Some time he makes pretty good post and some time pretty retarded ones. He is pretty fanatical when it comes to consoles,even if it is the best rpg in the world,if it is ported to some console he will hate it and not accept it as a rpg. Strange guy as a whole,don't mind his posts,after all the codex is full of strange individuals.

Like most kids I started off on consoles. I played tons of console ports of crpgs like Ultima and Wizardry games, and some jrpgs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (then Dragon Warrior). Back then the PC had way better graphics than consoles. I graduated to the PC young with the first QFG and other hybrids as the rpgs where just then finding their legs and growing into their own as they tried and explored into crpgs. I'll give you the brief overview of why I hate console games in bullets so your little child mind can understand the easier points I stick to.

1) Most of the games you guys love poor the majority of their resources into graphics. These games cost so much they need to expand their target market as broad as possible, which means literally little tiny children. Little tiny children are fucking stupid as fuck. This means the combat, rpg systems, mechanics, etc, all have to be easily understood by little stupid fucking idiots. This means the games are simple, have no challenge, and have no meat or depth.

This... actually makes an alarming amount of sense.

Did the moderators really set up a script to redirect you and only you to RPGWatch? Because that’s fucking hilarious.

Yes they did. HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA. Also, of course I make sense and I'm not sure why sense is alarming to you. Well, In today's world I guess I do.

So, what's Roqua's definition of rpg?

So, why did this guy ask other people instead of asking Roqua?

-----------

I should also add that not only did they add some script that tries to redirect me to rpgwatch, it greatly slows everything down and makes it near impossible to post. Also, Crispy threatened me with mean stuff yesterday and said he will destroy me and I am now his pet project. I don't mind. If he is focusing his creepiness on me who knows how many countless children I am saving from his molestations?

But it is clear this site is no friend to fans of rpgs and the staff actively attack them and try to drive them out of town.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
What did you do to Crispy to have such a grudge against you?

Why do any great people have stalkers and people that hate them? Why did Sirhan Sirhan shoot Bobby Kennedy? I can't pay attention to why the peons and plebs hate me, and I'm too busy being awesome to remember unimportant shit. It usually boils down to they are stupid or kids or wrong about everything and I am always right and have impeccable taste. Also, I can come off a little bit crass and uncouth. Plus, I may have some form of retardation if me being called retard all the time by tons of people is an any sort of indication. I also enjoy attacking people that attack me. I also like saying ridiculous things and making grand and sweeping statements just to anger people.

You may as well ask why are trees good? Why is boobs good? Why is the sky good? No ones knows for certain.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Roqua often makes a good point then followed by an avalanche of diarrhea. Thats just how he posts.
Yeah,i have learned to half-read him. Some time he makes pretty good post and some time pretty retarded ones. He is pretty fanatical when it comes to consoles,even if it is the best rpg in the world,if it is ported to some console he will hate it and not accept it as a rpg. Strange guy as a whole,don't mind his posts,after all the codex is full of strange individuals.

Like most kids I started off on consoles. I played tons of console ports of crpgs like Ultima and Wizardry games, and some jrpgs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (then Dragon Warrior). Back then the PC had way better graphics than consoles. I graduated to the PC young with the first QFG and other hybrids as the rpgs where just then finding their legs and growing into their own as they tried and explored into crpgs. I'll give you the brief overview of why I hate console games in bullets so your little child mind can understand the easier points I stick to.

1) Most of the games you guys love poor the majority of their resources into graphics. These games cost so much they need to expand their target market as broad as possible, which means literally little tiny children. Little tiny children are fucking stupid as fuck. This means the combat, rpg systems, mechanics, etc, all have to be easily understood by little stupid fucking idiots. This means the games are simple, have no challenge, and have no meat or depth.

Did the moderators really set up a script to redirect you and only you to RPGWatch? Because that’s fucking hilarious.
Obviously not since he is still shitposting here. I have not seen him post on Watch complaining how he was redirected there from 'Dex :D

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Since Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the only game on the list that allows for elf on elf romance for the sole purpose of procreation, I went with that one. The only problem with it is the game promotes miscegenation (which I do not condone), so I give it a 3. The same as I'd give Baldur's Gate 2 if it were released today.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What is being done to counter the fact that more niche games are played by fewer people, but they are played by people who enjoy that type of game and will be likely to rate them higher?
The same thing I've done in the past: Bayesian Average.

Also, graphs like this:

[...]

Interesting. Have you done more of this kind of work? What interesting correlations have you drawn?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Obviously not since he is still shitposting here. I have not seen him post on Watch complaining how he was redirected there from 'Dex :D

I thought he was banned over there, which makes it all the more funny.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

This is exactly why we need the
rating_mca.gif
rating available in the news forum. :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
well fwiw if system shock 2 would potentially count for a list like this i dont see why prey wouldnt on at least a fundamental level

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I agree with that, but wouldn't let SS2 count either as to me, it's still just an FPS with RPG elements, or even survival horror. Or, as horrible people who are wrong call it, an 'immersive sim'. Typing those words together made me sick.

Anyway, there really was slim pickings this year. I tried out a lot of games, too, but even so, nothing really stood out when it comes to "traditional western RPG."

Wait, there was Elex. That was pretty good. Gothic 2.5 is not so bad. But I wish it had stayed good all the way instead of turning bad near the end. But then again, Gothic 2 did the same exact thing.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You're joking but West of Loathing was really fucking good. I mean, I wouldn't have charged money for it because it was more like, dunno, a flash game, but it really scratched my RPG itch. There's stats and skills, multiple approaches to many problems, a relatively big world to explore, classes that play very differently...

If it wasn't so browser-y it'd be a real contender!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom