Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline RPG Codex's Top 50 cRPGs - Results and Reviews

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
in what universe is dark souls high on the list while Inquisitor doesn't even show up? the list says more about the people here than about the games. bunch of alzheimer ridden consoletard morons.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
in what universe is dark souls high on the list while Inquisitor doesn't even show up?
Zork Grand Inquisitor is an adventure game, not an RPG, though. :M

i am surrounded by morons
while the video shows only some combat, just look at the stats whenever the guy opens his character screen and know the game was full magic, dialogues, torture and secrets. i believe there were also several endings a la arcanum. and ffs, you could torture people to solve quests. you know, like an inquisitor.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
while the video shows only some combat, just look at the stats whenever the guy opens his character screen and know the game was full magic, dialogues, torture and secrets. i believe there were also several endings a la arcanum. and ffs, you could torture people to solve quests. you know, like an inquisitor.
I had forgotten about Inquisitor: Shade of Swords, a French RPG released in 1987 on the Amstrad CPC.
862041-inquisitor-shade-of-swords-amstrad-cpc-screenshot-character.png
862044-inquisitor-shade-of-swords-amstrad-cpc-screenshot-found-a.png
862047-inquisitor-shade-of-swords-amstrad-cpc-screenshot-under-the.png

Probably not top 50 matériel, though. :M

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I had forgotten about Inquisitor: Shade of Swords, a French RPG released in 1987 on the Amstrad CPC.

french garbage is garbage and it's french.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter

Had good time playing it, liked Eschatological theme in it.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The 2016 English translation of the Czech game Fallout 1.5: Resurrection was included as a 2016 game in the Codex's recent vote for Best RPGs of 2012-2016, but the 2012 English translation of the Czech game Inquisitor was not included in that vote at all, so it must not be an RPG. :M

Reapa

Doom Preacher
The 2016 English translation of the Czech game Fallout 1.5: Resurrection was included as a 2016 game in the Codex's recent vote for Best RPGs of 2012-2016, but the 2012 English translation of the Czech game Inquisitor was not included in that vote at all, so it must not be an RPG. :M
or, you know, bunch of alzheimer ridden consoletard morons forgot to put it on the list and the rest of the alzheimer ridden consoletard morons didn't even notice.

deranged

Cipher
Say "alzheimer ridden consoletard morons" enough times, in front of a mirror, in the black of night, naked, while holding a stick and Ornstein and Smough will appear...

Gunnar

Arbiter

Inquisitor is the most tedious RPG ever invented, fuck including it in anything.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Well shit.

I did a (somewhat thorough) search a few months back for RPGs on the Amstrad CPC, and yet this game completely whizzed by me.

That not only ups the total amount of RPGs on the system up to 14, but it's the second RPG exclusive to the CPC (and the only one released during its commercial lifespan).

felipepepe take note.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Cool thx I might get that.

I recommend you read all the codex threads about it before purchase. Just for expectation management if you're still determined to buy it.
Thanks, I read a review that said it was lots of reading, and like early Diablo combat with no strategy. Basically all the things I hate. So I removed from wishlist.
wait, what? you thought it was hack and slash?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Yea, I read the steam reviews and it sounds like ass:

it's all ruined (for me, anyway) by the ridiculous numbers of restorative potions you have to guzzle during and after combat, even if you play on the game's "easy" setting. Not even in Diablo did you have to use and manage *this* many potions.

If you liked Diablo, you may enjoy this game. But it's not that great.

it overwhelmed me and I wound up zooming through it, hoping that it contained no vital information. Every inhabitant of the doomed little village you start out in has loads to tell you. Loads!

This game in one word : TEDIOUS

The first you see in game is the awkward combat system. Well you basically spam blindly and it works (kinda) - I should add I played this game as a caster.

You begin as a total weakling : your spells do ridiculous damage. And then you pass from lvl 6 to 7 and become a divine incarnation who OS every mobs....

the story might be good, the mystery and world maybe fleshed out, but whats the point if the main character and combat mechanics are this bad?

Terribly outdated. Lots of development time, but feels like a cheap copy of Diablo 1.

mushaden

Scholar
Not sure if there's a general "recommend me an RPG thread," but here's my situation: I've just finished Wizardry 7. It's been one of the most frustrating games I've played, but I enjoyed it and am glad I played it. I want to play something newer (where inventory management isn't tedious, for example). I've played most of the 1998-2002 classics. Right now I'm thinking either Divinity: Original Sin or KOTOR. Shadowrun: Dragonfall also looks like a good option. I've even had impure urges to try Trails in The Sky. Underrail and AoD I have already played.

I'd appreciate any input

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not sure if there's a general "recommend me an RPG thread," but here's my situation: I've just finished Wizardry 7. It's been one of the most frustrating games I've played, but I enjoyed it and am glad I played it. I want to play something newer (where inventory management isn't tedious, for example). I've played most of the 1998-2002 classics. Right now I'm thinking either Divinity: Original Sin or KOTOR. Shadowrun: Dragonfall also looks like a good option. I've even had impure urges to try Trails in The Sky. Underrail and AoD I have already played.

I'd appreciate any input

D:OS is fine but you can skip to D:OS II.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall is really good.

Any of the Expeditions series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom