Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Sub Forum Streamlining Bullshit

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
[(Note, I couldn't care less what people are saying, I'm monitoring posts made in the forums over-time - because people have a tendency to talk out of their ass. "Oh, this is a terrible change that makes things so difficult BUT WATCH THAT I'M NOW POSTING MORE BITCHES")
Your game is up, SAWYER! Release DU now.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
  1. Great job!
  2. My only complaint is that now that we have a general RPG discussion sub-forum, it doesn't make any sense to have a seperate jRPG subforum

It makes perfect sense for any non-homosexual user:

nWLETN6.png
Ohhhhh, so you're too MANLY for MMORPGS and JRPGS, but perfectly okay with Bethesda and BioWare... :roll:

mondblut

Arcane
Ohhhhh, so you're too MANLY for MMORPGS and JRPGS, but perfectly okay with Bethesda and BioWare... :roll:

I refuse to acknowledge these retarded company subforums altogether. As far as I am concerned, this is still General RPG.

Now, when I could filter out the "shit popamole pseudo-RPGs" category - I was perfectly okay with that. And you're apparently suggesting me to filter Daggerfall alongside oblivion, and TOEE alongside bloodlines? Nice, take a cookie from Jaesun.

Good point on blizzard though. They never coded a single byte worth of my notice. What were I thinking.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Every time I think things got to normal, something amazing happens again. Such a rich imagination moderators of the Codex have.

Off to search those five active threads from old forum on dozen new subforums.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Now, when I could filter out the "shit popamole pseudo-RPGs" category - I was perfectly okay with that. And you're apparently suggesting me to filter Daggerfall alongside oblivion, and TOEE alongside bloodlines? Nice, take a cookie from Jaesun.
You're ignoring Dark Souls bro... also, last time I checked ToEE and Bloodlines were from Troika.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Can't you just fucking once ask your flock before you go through with some retarded design change?
The RPG Forums are an ongoing issue to which no adequate resolution has yet been found, despite multiple attempts at "asking the flock", no clear consensus has been reached one way or the other.

Seriously, this was a shit idea you guys had and you already know it; now you're trying to defend it like some politician: "Hurr durr, wait and see, let's look at the numbers in a bit!"
So far, ALL of the issues raised can be resolved with existing in-built forum functionality. That allows "I WANT EVERYTHING" users to have everything while allowing those who don't, the option to filter things out as they choose.

If you keep it, change the tagline:
Welcome to RPG Codex - Where Bethesda comes first.
It's alphabetical. It's not my fault InXile didn't call themselves AAA Entertainment so that they could get listed first in the phone book.

hiver

I thought this was the preemptive strike before merging mainstream and Classic cRPG forums together into one (which isnt necessary). Similar to the stunt with avatars which reduced the complaints about not having custom avatars.

The divide between AAA mainstream crap and various action RPGs and classic RPGs on the other side worked just fine.

I really cant figure out why is it so important that some random assholes would complain and whine about it. What actually makes those complaints so important? Who cares?
Is it just some atavistic instinct reaction? Something like whole design studious fucking up their games because some obnoxious brat started to whine about some fucking stupid detail?

If that i so then why dont all these complaints here work?
Why is crying from some AAA mass market spoiled brat more important?

Is it because Jaesun is some kind of conduit for that crap? He runs into the staff meetings and then basically bothers everyone, crying about "all that" crying - until everyone is fed up and then they change the forum layout just to get him to stop?

General RPG Discussion, Sub-Forums: 12

What. The. Fuck.

I don't know what the solution to whatever problems people have with this forum is, but I'm pretty sure this isn't it.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really sad to hear so many hateful messages to me about this change I completely thought up and was my entire idea and DU implemented. :(

dlckipI.png

It was really unnecessary to move 4,5 threads into a separated subsection of the forum. Why hide the threads? they should be visible and easy to acess.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why not make a subforum for every RPG ever made? You can put them inside the company forums. Then we'd be really organized!

I didn't want to have to use the new posts feature, but it's either that or open 15 tabs whenever I browse RPG discussion just to see if there's a topic worth reading.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Why not make a subforum for every RPG ever made? You can put them inside the company forums. Then we'd be really organized!
Only if we can have sub-sub-forums for each major update and version, like Baldur's Gate (vanilla), Baldur's Gate (Tales of the Sword Coast), Baldur's Gate (WeiDU), Baldur's Gate (BGEE), etc...

mondblut

Arcane
Only if we can have sub-sub-forums for each major update and version, like Baldur's Gate (vanilla), Baldur's Gate (Tales of the Sword Coast), Baldur's Gate (WeiDU), Baldur's Gate (BGEE), etc...

And there should be separate subforums for each, for bugs, story (spoilers!11), game mechanics, fanficfaggotry etc, like on any proper forum. We can't spoil our Mass Effect 3 fans with the choicy bits of story when they only come to report that a bug prevents them from having gay sex with their reflection in a mirror, can we?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom