Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Sub Forum Streamlining Bullshit

Seriously, I think that 4 subforums are enough: Before the 90s: the silver age/The 90s: the golden age/2001 and beyond, in the far reaches of Jupiter: Monolith Father of the Popamole: "It's full of derp!"/JRPGs

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
DarkUnderlord said:
The RPG Forums are an ongoing issue to which no adequate resolution has yet been found, despite multiple attempts at "asking the flock", no clear consensus has been reached one way or the other.
Okay I'm confused. You gave people a bunch of options which you yourself decided are solutions? Then people voted. Then you ignored their votes. There's probably more examples out there that actually make sense but that link kind of contradicts what you said.... in fact you chose the least voted for option.... :lol:

I mean if mega threads or whatever are really becoming a problem, wouldn't it be best to make a poll of viable options that you can enact (really lost for the right word there). If we clearly can't leave things the way they were... then why add that option to poll to begin with? It's usually better to explain a situation to people so that they understand the issue rather than false hope or whatever the $$$$ that was all about.

Anyway in saying all this, I don't really have any major issues with the new layout, just don't understand how it could be difficult to gauge people's reaction before going ahead and changing things.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Okay I'm confused. You gave people a bunch of options which you yourself decided are solutions? Then people voted. Then you ignored their votes. There's probably more examples out there that actually make sense but that link kind of contradicts what you said.... in fact you chose the least voted for option.... :lol:

I mean if mega threads or whatever are really becoming a problem, wouldn't it be best to make a poll of viable options that you can enact (really lost for the right word there). If we clearly can't leave things the way they were... then why add that option to poll to begin with? It's usually better to explain a situation to people so that they understand the issue rather than false hope or whatever the $$$$ that was all about.

Anyway in saying all this, I don't really have any major issues with the new layout, just don't understand how it could be difficult to gauge people's reaction before going ahead and changing things.
Oh ye of the small minded who do not know your history. How sadly do I look upon and pity thee. Observe the difference the passing of but one year makes. Contemplate this and perhaps ye shall understand.

Long did people want that console shit taken out and dumped somewhere else and long doth people protest. And thusly, two forums were implemented - and yet, it was not the best option. It was the worst option. People were against the idea, nay it 'twas terrible and full of woe! Soon though, it became inconclusive.

And yet now, when one doth ask the populace what they want, two forums is a preferred option and only a minority would prefer ye olde method of but a single forum. Perplexing, no?

The truth is, I poll because I listen to polls. But I don't listen to them in the base way you small-minded types understand. I use them to test changes in opinion, particularly the impact of time on decisions already made. Eventually, you'll all just get used to the new layout that's coming because it's so much better than that really bad one you had for a while, and when I fuck around with things in a few months time to see how opinion has changed, you'll all tell me how much you loved "how it was before" and to "stop changing things". And I will rest, with my heart contented that ye little sheep have been placated once more. Where upon I shall sit upon my throne in my tower of doom, contemplating how to make you like the next change I have concocted.

Sleep now pretty one, rest ye weary head upon thy pillow and dream of sheep.

kazgar

Arcane
So a couple of the subforums just dissappeared and were merged back in to the main rpg forum, can't keep up! (at least inxile and troika)

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
h0j1isi.jpg

And yet now, when one doth ask the populace what they want, two forums is a preferred option and only a minority would prefer ye olde method of but a single forum. Perplexing, no?

It's an annoying reality around here that many/most people on the Codex are simply averse to change and prefer to go back to "the old ways" even when its an idea they originally thought was shit. This is why I didn't put a "go back to the old option" in my poll. People just can't be trusted to know what they want.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom