Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress RPGCodex 5E PBP

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
This is the thread wherein my 5e PBP game will occur.
Calling all players:
ERYFKRAD
JagreenLern
nikolokolus
L'ennui
Llywelyn ap Gruffydd
Nekot-The-Brave
Zero Credibility

You've each been sent a PM detailing the starting position of your characters, just feel free to post whenever you want to or PM me with any questions you have or clarifications to need.
Our Characters:
Oermagerd the Half-Orc Rogue
Ilbryn Gorduin the Wood Elf Cleric
Sz'ouk Oazzut the Lizardfolk Druid
Nakhas the Yuan-Ti Warlock
Cain Cozen the Half-Elf Rogue
Fel'Xanath is a continent that has spent the vast majority of its time warring. Whether within itself or against outsiders, it would seem that the people of Fel'Xanath have been unable to sate their bloodlust. Most famous among these struggles was the First War of Unification. The First War of Unification, in brief, was a war fought between two of the major cities. One was Cerint Inos and its allied villages, the other Goz's Domain, at that time a trading colony from Estiria, a continent to the north. They fought at a bloody standstill for many years, until on the fifteenth day of the Month of Falling Leaves, in Y34 A.L (abbrev. of Age of Legends, so names for its many now mythical heroes and generals), the forces of Goz's Domain launched a sneak attack on Cerint Inos, as well as attacking the Inosian forces led by Halfling general Marat Gormson, in what is now known as the Dual Battle of the Falling Leaves. The Treaty of Cerint Inos was signed, establishing a dual monarchy. This monarchy fell apart in the Times of Chaos, otherwise known as the War of Bloody Succession.

There are few major cities on Fel'Xanath, owing in part to the largely tribal and territorial nature of its peoples and in part to the Times of Chaos, when a few of the largest cities on Fel'Xanath were crushed by the awesome power of a magical weapon powered by a seemingly infinite power source. As of this point, only three true cities remain. These are Goz's Domain, Cerint Inos, Quen Yomedaea, which has become increasingly isolated as of late at the time of this writing. and the relatively recently established city of Erem Ilamis, an outpost city for a group of... interesting inhabitants. Also dotted around the continent are several smaller villages and townes. Most famous among these are Arag Ildan, a druid circle's home, and home to the largest burial crypt ever to be known to Fel'Xanath, and Marat Hill, so named for the general who lost his life there in the Dual Battle of the Falling Leaves.

There is also the matter of the recent village sprouted up near Goz's Domain, Haven Cross. This town was settled by a nobleman's youngest who wanted a place where he and others could seek adventure freely. This town has earned quite the reputation for itself and has already gained a sizable population, enough to put it on the map.

Another matter entirely is the shady and reclusive race of lizard people who call a small island to the north of Fel'Xanath their home. Rarely seen on the mainland, they are a group whose interactions with the world are few and far between.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Oermagërd steps off of the carriage and looks back over his shoulder at Cain whom he met on the journey here. He furrows his brows a bit as he takes in the dismal, muddy streets of this backwater boom-town. After scanning the streets for threats, he takes in a deep breath through his nostrils savoring the familiar scents of every city in the world: shit and piss, mixed with hopelessness, greed and desperation. He clutches one hand on the pommel of his sword and the other on his meager purse before he starts striding purposefully towards a tower in the middle distance -- Old Bill Wiseman's if the directions from the guard at the gate is correct.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Boargutter observes the pair, "Ho, what's this about Bill Wiseman's tower?"

Cain takes in the sight and smell of civilization as a smile creeps up on his face. There are many half-elves that feel a deep connection to nature and the outdoors thanks to their elven heritage, but a couple of days on the road and a thousand mosquito later Cain is convinced he isn't one of them. He sets of after his traveling companion while trying to keep an eye out for surprises, though surely the guild has far better things to do than bother with him out here. Well, probably anyway. He doesn't bother checking his empty purse.

Boargutter is speaking to us?

Last edited:
Cain pauses, looks at the man with a big sword and says, "Don't know the man ourselves, stranger. But he is supposed to be a way to find good work in this charming place. You looking for work as well?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Boargutter smiles at the question, "I am, bed and lodgings don't pay for themselves in this town."

"Well, the work in question is supposed to be for an adventurer guild, so it's probably some kind of mercenary or guard work, if you are interested."

"Then let us find this old man and hear just what kind of glorious opportunity to get ourselves horribly killed over a handful of coins he has for us."

Cain turns to head after Oermagërd again.

Ilbryn approaches Boargutter. "Greetings Boargutter. What is this I hear of work? I, uh, would be interested in a job as living in the park still costs a bit of coin."

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ss'ouk fidgets anxiously and spots the group asking questions about jobs at the Adventurer's Guild and approaches them cautiously. "Hello, Friendss. I have overheard that you wish to find the Adventuerer's Guild. It is my wish to go there as well. May I join thee?"

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Nakhas overhears mention of Wiseman's Tower, and heads over towards the group. "Excuse me, are you going to the tower? I'm headed there as well. I have a some very important information to deliver to the people of this town."

Wayward Son

The motley group of aspirants heads together to Old Bill Wiseman's Tower. They arrive at the building, which Boargutter and Ilbryn knew the location of from their time living in the town. The front gate is open, and many adventurers and mercernaries are talking to groups of clerks. A pretty female clerk walks up to the group, "Ahh, hello. Do you have your crests? Are you here to turn in a job? Which clerk was your advisor? Or are you here to join? What're your names?" The energetic clerk says all this before you can even register an individual question.

If no one else will bite...
Seeing a pretty face, Cain steps forward with a smile, "Well, I cannot speak for the rest of these fine..."

His smile and voice falter for a split moment as he turns and takes in the whole group for the first time:

a horribly scarred half-orc rogue
a tribal looking human with a huge sword
a sunburned elf that sleeps in the park
a slightly crazed looking part-snake man
and an actual lizard man

before he recovers: "... gentlemen. But I was told to talk with someone named Bill Wiseman about joining your organization."

Wayward Son

The young lady takes Cain's arm and starts dragging him away and tells the others to follow. Eventually she stops and lets go of Cain. In front of the party is a wizened old man. He extends a hand, "How do ya do? Name's William Wiseman, but most 'round here just call me Old Bill Wiseman. Are you here to join the guild? If so, we'll need you to write your names, ages and any prior professions on this scroll, meantime we'll have a couple of clerks draw you to attach to the scroll. Any questions?" He hands each party member a blank vellum scroll and a quill to write with.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Boargutter examines the quill and the scroll very carefully.
"What am I to do with these?"

Ilbryn grabs the scroll, looks it over to make sure there is nothing fishy about the vellum. He then adds the required information warily watching Old Bill Wiseman.

Cain puts down his name and age, and is then stumped at what to write down as his profession. Finally he writes down "reconnaissance and procurement freelancer".

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Nakhas takes the parchment and begins to write down his information.

Nakhas
Age 91
Warlock
Messenger of Yig

He then hands over the parchment. "Mr. Wiseman, I have a very important message to deliver to the people of this town. You are a leader here, yes? Would you know how I could get the people to listen?"

Wayward Son

Bill looks confused, "Leader? Hah, that honour goes to Lord Haven. I'm just an old man who gives out too much advice. As far as messages go, gain a rapport with the townsfolk by proving yourself useful, then they'll listen to anything you have to say." He takes the Scrolls after you write down on them what you write and has some clerks draw detailed portraits of you. "Alrighty then. I'd like you to go find that nice young lass that brought you to me and tell her to give you a job. If you do good, I'll let ye folk join the Guild. Just make sure she knows that I sent ye for an entry test sorta job will ya?"

"I hope this job will pay for the next fine the guard gives me for living in the park. Why would anyone want to live in some brick or mud cave when you can live in the trees!"

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ss'ouk looks at the scroll and watches everyone else fill out the information. "I do not believe that my masterss have taught me what you are doing with these... scrolls... I know how to speak... the Common. But what is it that you are doing?" he says with an ever decreasing volume.

Ss'ouk attempts to write his name and puts down the letter S and some gibberish before handing it back to the clerk.
"Thiss iss fine, for thee?" he asks the clerks, before looking around the place curiously.

Ss'ouk balls up his fists excitedly.
"This job bringss excitement."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom