Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
This is why I suggested vanilla. Vanilla as in: No stupid server crashing bugs.
I can start a second vanilla server independently of this one if you want.

I tried to tell you that we should wait for the ultimate pack. The current version of ic2 is buggy as fucking hell.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This is why I suggested vanilla. Vanilla as in: No stupid server crashing bugs.
I can start a second vanilla server independently of this one if you want.
I do have to say JetPacks are handy, extreme biomes are nice and automated resource delivery and production networks are cool.

Things I like:
- IndustrialCraft (Automated production machines and easier drilling / mining)
- Thaumcraft
- Traincraft
- RedPower (Basalt and Marble)
- ExtremeBiomes (Awesome terrain)
- REI's Minimap
- Inventory Sorting
- Ender Storage
- Twilight Forest
- Iron Chests

I tried to tell you that we should wait for the ultimate pack. The current version of ic2 is buggy as fucking hell.
There are some cool mods, is it possible to disable (even just temporarily) the ones that are buggy?

The FTB server we had before we went to MindCrack was pretty awesome. Did that have bugs?

Is it possible to run a script that deletes the log file every hour?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Muty

quEmd.jpg

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Why don't you just do a clean install of the Minecraft server if it's giving you so much issues?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
A clean install would still have the various mod bugs. It'd be like formatting a human being and then re-installing AIDS and the polio virus.

Temaperacl

Erudite
Seems stable so far.

Also, I threw a T3 Enderman Soul Shard into the mail system if anyone is travelling to the end and feels like working on bumping it to T4.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Also, I threw a T3 Enderman Soul Shard into the mail system if anyone is travelling to the end and feels like working on bumping it to T4.

You'd need to place the spawner over the sea so that they wouldn't be able to teleport away, right? Kinda throws a wrench to the whole automatic farm thing, since their teleport range is greater than their spawn range in relation to the player (so no pearls unless you babysit them).

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah apart from that silly enet bug, I haven't seen many complaints of critical server-murdering bugs on the FTB forums. This is happening more often than not to me, but that's just some client-side funkiness since a relog always fixes it:

bWM6r.jpg

Edit: There is one chunk in the nether that seems to be persistently screwed, however (been like that since a few server restarts, at least) - no idea what's going on with that. It's not like it had anything special in it that could've cause it to go corrupted. It's not far from any of our portals if you want to go check it out, it cuts off the road right next to the bridge so it's not hard to spot.

Temaperacl

Erudite

You'd need to place the spawner over the sea so that they wouldn't be able to teleport away, right? Kinda throws a wrench to the whole automatic farm thing, since their teleport range is greater than their spawn range in relation to the player (so no pearls unless you babysit them).
Good point - I didn't think about that.

I'll give it a try offline, but I think a fall trap could also work - I think the distance needed to kill them was about 50 blocks, so that shouldn't be too hard to do. Otherwise, I don't know if they teleport for suffocation - quicksand or a mechanical suffocation trap could work.

Of course, at this point I've got enough stacks of ender pearls that I don't need the automatic farming (until / unless GregTech's magic convertor gets put in) anyhow.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I was thinking more about myself, actually. Endereye dust makes for a great amplifier in the matter fab. :P

But yeah fall damage should work, I think nowadays it only needs to be 24 blocks deep or so for lethal damage. I tried using your soul shard, but guess they're player-specific since it wouldn't register the endermen I killed. But since you're so far ahead of me, I could borrow my enchanted athame (disjunction IV / soul stealer IV / sharpness III) so you could get even to tier 5 if you wanted to. I'll only require lots and lots of pearls in return when you have the grinder ready!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom