Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware RPGCodex Weekly Staff Expenses Report?

A horse of course

I demand to know where the money I earnt fellating Greek shipping magnates has gone. "Server Upgrades" ceased to be an acceptable euphemism long ago.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
nice signature

personally, i spend my codex allowance on cocaine. however, i need to do cocaine to be able to moderate GD, so i still think it's job-related expenses.

Monty

Arcane
it all goes towards lavish stripper parties in DU's Jacuzzi.
It's it fair to call a rusting 50 gallon barrel a "jacuzzi"?

Yes, jacuzzis are a... 'broad' term in Australia:

kS8KwTB.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I spent my last "Weekly Staff Expenses" on hot male strippers and booze. But I don't do any drugs.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Weekly Staff Expenses?

I thought the staff here loved doing things for free?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
it all goes towards lavish stripper parties in DU's Jacuzzi.

That's how it was for the first few monthly celebrations I took part in. He realized spending money on maintaining the jacuzzi was expensive. The next time we had a party DU handed us foot soak buckets and Crispy leaped into the room and started dancing in a thong.

I don't go to Codex parties anymore.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
don't ask what the codex spends money on
ask what money you can send to the codex

(no but seriously, i donated 30 buck too this year, what are they used for?)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I demand to know where the money I earnt fellating Greek shipping magnates has gone. "Server Upgrades" ceased to be an acceptable euphemism long ago.
Improving the Codex user experience.

But in all honesty, most of the money sits there until Taluntain needs another gold brick. Some has been spent on incidental things like forum modifications here and there, or a copy of a game we really want to review. We spent a bit on rewards for competitions at some point (GOG Games). In future, there will be some re-imbursement if we send someone to an event but to date, that hasn't happened where we've needed to kick-in, mostly because people have gotten free tickets or were going anyway.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I can't believe they want us to give money for RPGCodex for server hosting considering we could just all move to Reddit for free. Same quality, really.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I can't believe they want us to give money for RPGCodex for server hosting considering we could just all move to Reddit for free. Same quality, really.
Bye.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom