Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs for tablets - seeking list additions

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Seems there's a Giggle Squeenix sale or something on the Play Store, FFI-IV are half price. Also the Chaos Rings games.

da_rays

Augur
Got myself a cheap ass Hipstreet flare , and rooted her 'till she bled. didnt even cried from the 50+ Flash attempts. Moving to Topic......^^

Final Fantasy Dimension , for Weaboo nostalgist , after going trough FFIV the after years , its basically a FF5 with 2 gang of heroes , sliced into chapter , more cutscene / story ( aint that great, but THERE IS MOAR! hehe ) . Very enjoyable in the sun while sipping on a bunch of beers on the balcony. Also , I might has well mention Planet Stronghold. Yet again , Little Weaboo Rpg which is VURY animé style. Not bad tho , there is a free version , so you wont have to fork some bucks over to try it out. If i got some time ( its still vacation time :D ) , i'll post some more discovery that i make while in the process of learning what i can to how to build up some custom ROM.

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
Got myself a cheap ass Hipstreet flare , and rooted her 'till she bled. didnt even cried from the 50+ Flash attempts. Moving to Topic......^^

Final Fantasy Dimension , for Weaboo nostalgist , after going trough FFIV the after years , its basically a FF5 with 2 gang of heroes , sliced into chapter , more cutscene / story ( aint that great, but THERE IS MOAR! hehe ) . Very enjoyable in the sun while sipping on a bunch of beers on the balcony. Also , I might has well mention Planet Stronghold. Yet again , Little Weaboo Rpg which is VURY animé style. Not bad tho , there is a free version , so you wont have to fork some bucks over to try it out. If i got some time ( its still vacation time :D ) , i'll post some more discovery that i make while in the process of learning what i can to how to build up some custom ROM.

Unless the price came down you should mention that FF Dimensions is priced like a full game after the first free intro part. It was over $30 when I tried it and I decided not to pay that much. Of course it is only on iOS afaik and all I had that could play it was an ipod color. I agree that from what I played it was highly reminiscent of FF5. I imagine anyone looking for that game currently would want to play Bravely Default first.

EDIT: After checking I take it back, its on Android now and costs $16.99

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Actually, it's not bad; I only played it for about 20 minutes last night, but it was fun. The controls were good, and the enemy and power ups were interesting.

I wouldn't call it an RPG, though, at least not the good sort. It's an action game.
Any updates on this?

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
Also , I might has well mention Planet Stronghold. Yet again , Little Weaboo Rpg which is VURY animé style. Not bad tho , there is a free version , so you wont have to fork some bucks over to try it out. If i got some time

Planet Stronghold is a visual novel with turn based RPG battles. I got the demo and may buy the game. IMO the PC version is much better because tapping through all of the text boxes on a tablet gets very annoying very fast.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually, it's not bad; I only played it for about 20 minutes last night, but it was fun. The controls were good, and the enemy and power ups were interesting.

I wouldn't call it an RPG, though, at least not the good sort. It's an action game.
Any updates on this?

Yes, the update is that twenty minutes is enough. It's an action game, and a repetitive one at that. It honestly was quite fun for the first twenty minutes, but I'm done with it now.

RPGMaster

Savant
I have to say the tablet ports of the Fighting Fantasy series gives me a stiffy.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Sankis" post="433423845 said:
I just booted it up on my Galaxy S4 and my initial impression is that it seems fine. Infact, it may actually be a bit too big for my liking.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Goddamn biting things. I hate the biting things.

UraldaHeroquestStage3.jpg

da_rays

Augur
More addition , maybe more tactical than RPG , but frozen synapse is a good game on tablet. Pretty much the same thing from the PC version for thoses who played it.
Currently playing DQ4, FF dimension and Bloodbowls! Shadowgate been release too a few days ago on IoS and Android. Much more an adventure game than a RPG too , its still pretty enjoyable. Even a retro mode for the music , transition and the text . Also maybe some of you will be interested in VCMI for android , which is basically an engine to port HoMM3 ( still need the original game ) work flawlessy with my GoG version.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Oubliete dungeon crawler, kinda reminds me of Mordor/Demise
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gabysoft.oubliette

[EDIT=somewhat later]
Aralon HD
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crescentmoongames.aralon

Ravensword: Shadowlands 3d RPG
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crescentmoongames.ravensword2&hl=en
[/EDIT]

Tablets: fucking useless except for possibly browsing PDFs with a larger screen. I have a very dusty Nexus 7 (2013) and have had several others(all android). OK in a pinch they're OK for web browsing as well, but fuck trying to enter any lengthy documents or replies(messages or email) with just swyping or vkb pecking. (Phones are pretty much the same only they had teenier screens until recently(nexus 5 now almost wanted a oneplus but they fucked around too long to invite so I'm holding out for a 64b SoC nexus).

size: BS! My Sager NP7330 is ~3lbs, 13", 16GB DDR3, 500GB SSD 750GB WD black hdd, i7-4800MQ, GF765m which says: fuck you tablets. Come back when you grow some balls.

Last edited:

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
I posted The Birthday (IceBlink RPG) to Google Play. This was a conversion of Zach Hoolbrook's NWN2 module he made for the Obsidian "Grimm's Fairy Tales" module contest. Converted to the IceBlink Engine for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iceblinkengine.ibb.thebirthday

Zach's description:
"OVERVIEW: This is a mod written for Obsidian’s first NWN2 contest (theme: “Grimm’s Fairy Tales”). It is a medium-magic, high-wonder adventure, as befits a story adapted from a fairy tale. But which one? You'll have to find out!

SYNOPSIS (no spoilers): Today is a festive day in the small village called Schafberg. A talented foundling, raised by a shepherd and his wife on a nearby farm, has come of age, and now the young paragon's adoptive parents have brought their ward to town to speak to the Matron. Before Schafberg can rightly celebrate the birthday, a coming-of-age tradition known as "the birthday errand" must be honored, and the Matron reveals what that errand is to be."

file.php
file.php
file.php

Overboard

Arcane
A talented foundling, raised by a shepherd and his wife on a nearby farm, has come of age, and now the young paragon's adoptive parents have brought their ward to town to speak to the Matron. Before Schafberg can rightly celebrate the birthday, a coming-of-age tradition known as "the birthday errand" must be honored, and the Matron reveals what that errand is to be."

e6b05d84aa03333b6935b6076aa7dfcf.jpg

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, and it's not really very much of an RPG so much as a very simple Rogue-like, but Pixel Dungeon (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watabou.pixeldungeon&hl=en) is one of the very, very few games I actually enjoyed playing on my phone. For one, it's truly free: it costs nothing, there are no in-app purchases and no commercials. The author made this while learning Android development and doesn't feel like charging money for it. He only asks you consider donating if you liked it. I admire that, something that's very rare these days.

On top of that, it's also one of the very few Android apps that has never given me any technical issues whatsoever. Ever. Not a single crash. That's also quite rare.

Yes, it's quite simple, but the game is quite perfect in it's pick-up-and-play-for-5-minutes-at-work-style, and last time I checked the developer was still contributing to it even though it technically could have been considered done a long time ago.

kazgar

Arcane
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, and it's not really very much of an RPG so much as a very simple Rogue-like, but Pixel Dungeon (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watabou.pixeldungeon&hl=en) is one of the very, very few games I actually enjoyed playing on my phone. For one, it's truly free: it costs nothing, there are no in-app purchases and no commercials. The author made this while learning Android development and doesn't feel like charging money for it. He only asks you consider donating if you liked it. I admire that, something that's very rare these days.

On top of that, it's also one of the very few Android apps that has never given me any technical issues whatsoever. Ever. Not a single crash. That's also quite rare.

Yes, it's quite simple, but the game is quite perfect in it's pick-up-and-play-for-5-minutes-at-work-style, and last time I checked the developer was still contributing to it even though it technically could have been considered done a long time ago.

Second that, been playing it a lot over the last month or so, finally got a hang of things (though just found a new trick this morning) I'm looking slightly hopeful i'll complete it with my current run, but its a roguelike, you're never far from a stupid mistake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom