Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPS - Wot I Think of The Witcher II

Frau Bishop

Erudite
commie said:
Frau Bishop said:
Some Skyway like out of context rubbish
More proof that women should stick to The Sims, HOG's and Farmville as they know FA about games.
phelot was right, playing Twitcher2 makes you feel all alpha and grown up. Have fun.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Frau Bishop said:
commie said:
Frau Bishop said:
Some Skyway like out of context rubbish
More proof that women should stick to The Sims, HOG's and Farmville as they know FA about games.
phelot was right, playing Twitcher2 makes you feel all alpha and grown up. Have fun.

Not only that... I get a boner when I go for "services" in TW2. :retarded: Rarely I get one from 3D animations/art.

Dionysus

Scholar
Trash said:
DwarvenFood said:
The last chance, why is that ? Have you lost all hope ?

Yup. Hardcore rpg's as a viable blockbuster genre has been death for nearly a decade. You got your Mass Effects and Dragon Age 2's but not much else with good production value and sales. Kinda like the last pathetic dying throes of a genre.

I can't think of a definition of "hardcore RPG" that could apply to the Witcher 2.

It isn't stripped down. It doesn't appeal to just a niche audience. It certainly isn't uncompromising in its RPG-ness. And the sexual content is specifically softcore.

circ

Arcane
Considering that the codex is mainly 13 year olds that get a boner from tittie flashes in Game of Thrones I'D SAY IT'S PRETTY FUCKING HARDCOAR DUVD.

I read some user reviews on MC, not that I usually do, but after the face fucking DATOO got, I made an exception. It's a little too highly praised really. The 1's and 0's were interesting though. IT'S NOT A BIOWARE GAME. THE COMBAT IS CONSOLE COMBAT. WHY IS THERE ROMANCE IN THIS GAME?

Irony.

I haven't played it yet, but the combat did seem like the weakest link in previews. Dunno about the rest. Not that excited about it either. GASP. Maybe I had enough of the shitty clickfest combat from TW1 and the repetitive storyline. I can't even excuse myself with wanting to check it out because it's not a BioWare game and I want to see how much further they can fuck their games up.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Where is this world going when even the codex thinks The Witcher 2 is a hardcore RPG?

You fucktwats probably grew up on fable, right?

:decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom