Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RSS Feed appears to have some errors

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Chrome tells me:

This page contains the following errors:
error on line 75 at column 78: Entity 'Acirc' not defined
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Image:
ZXRIhPc.png

Smartphone app refuses to even add it.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Doesn't take more than one problematic character to break RSS. If DU doesn't get to it first it should fix itself when what's causing it moves off the front page.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I suspect this is the culprit:

KS ending at £1.1m​

Fucking special characters and RSS. Really, who designed this RSS bullshit so that it can't handle fucking text?

And yep, removing the £ symbol fixes the RSS.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I suspect this is the culprit:

KS ending at £1.1m​

Fucking special characters and RSS. Really, who designed this RSS bullshit so that it can't handle fucking text?

And yep, removing the £ symbol fixes the RSS.

Edit: To elaborate, this error looks like what happens when a UTF-8 encoded string is interpeted as ISO. I'm guessing that your php version is <5.4.0, in which case htmlentities() assumes ISO-8859-1. So, either change that code to htmlentities($string, $flags, 'UTF-8') or upgrade to a later version of php.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Edit: To elaborate, this error looks like what happens when a UTF-8 encoded string is interpeted as ISO. I'm guessing that your php version is <5.4.0, in which case htmlentities() assumes ISO-8859-1. So, either change that code to htmlentities($string, $flags, 'UTF-8') or upgrade to a later version of php.
Awesome, I fixed this. Although had to use htmlspecialchars, otherwise I got a "pound not defined" error.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Awesome, I fixed this. Although had to use htmlspecialchars, otherwise I got a "pound not defined" error.

Yeah, my bad. Forgot XML doesn't, in general, accept any html entities other than its own special characters. By the way, be sure to pass in the ENT_QUOTES flag to the function call. I'm pretty sure that will always guarantee valid XML for any UTF-8 input.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom