Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rules of the Codex - Enhanced Edition (2012)

Melcar

Arcane
People are stupid. What are you going to do?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
No, people just assume we care more about alts than we actually do.
Well, I dunno, Sir, but alts == spammers == shitposters in my book. So you have a problem with alts.
Well, it's a good thing for you that we don't operate the site by your book then, eh? :smug:

Thats also banbanban as evidenced by you/or-not banning me for "spam" multiple times.
No, I'm just well aware that you're trying to - once again - get yourself banned in order to prove some kind of a point about our horrible standards etc... Your name came up in the admin forum for a nuking by about your 20th post.

Thread breaking quotespam, thread killing image spam, dead animals, niggerniggernigger, piracy, nsfw everywhere. Puh-lease, it was anarchy compared to now.
Yes. And note how it's not any more. As I've said, the new system is working quite well.

Well, apart from you thinking that getting through with your alts is some kind of genius breaking of the system. We've never had an issue with people who register alts (for the umpteenth time) and continue to post like nothing has happened. As you yourself have so eloquently demonstrated, most just can't help the urge to revert to form. But until they do, we don't have a problem.

Or at least make registering alts harder.
Why? I couldn't care less how many registrations occur. I can nuke 0 post users en mass without any trouble. I only care about those who are posting and for that - they have to pass the moderation queue. Like you with however many alts you reckon you've registered (hundreds I'm sure), each and every one of them has to get through that process. If you're willing to keep playing this stupid game with all of them - where your first few posts are spread out over a few days and are actually all decent - I'm not particularly fussed. The system as it is, lessens the problem. You can create an alt the minute you're banned or even start using one you've pre-registered - but you still have to get through the moderation system. Which means you have to be a little bit smarter than before.

In other words, you can't just register the minute after you're banned, with a proxy that finally gets through the proxy check, and go nuts. Like some people have in the past. That's all the proxy check was designed to stop and for that, it served its purpose well. This system is much more efficient. It doesn't give as many false positives for starters and doesn't mean I'm adding exemptions anywhere. We just assess each poster as they come.

And most of the idiots aren't that smart (prosper and Andhaira don't even try different accounts). You are literally just one, and you're not causing many problems. Or any for that matter. Other than a bunch of reports from time to time... which we'll deal with. Eventually. When you do finally get around to doing something "bad enough" that I care.

DraQ

Arcane

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Shannow, Sceptic, SGC, DraQ, Luzur, HHR!, abnaxus, Admiral Jimbob, Alex Steel, Konjad, Andyman Messiah, Angelo85, Jaesun, Anthony Davis, anus pounder, aron searle, and Art Vandelay.

Not that it's important, but 9 out of 17 names start with an A.

I really don't like JF's attitude, couple of jokes in "sirius vidiya disscussion" wouldn't hurt. Besides, i don't trust his definition of "shitty one-liners", don't think he has "sense of humor" for it.
Nevertheless, new "security measures" are wonderful for stopping Andhaira and such.

Kz3r0

Arcane
List all the people that don't do that thanks, it wouldn't take you long.
Shannow, Sceptic, SGC, DraQ, Luzur, HHR!, abnaxus, Admiral Jimbob, Alex Steel, Konjad, Andyman Messiah, Angelo85, Jaesun, Anthony Davis, anus pounder, aron searle, and Art Vandelay.

Not that it's important, but 9 out of 17 names start with an A.
Add Alex the Brazilian too.

EDIT:
I am really slow today, Dear Prateek just reviewed users in alphabetical order, TSK,TSK, no indexed researches?
No wonder that his sub.routines are so inefficient.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
That's what I call first class research. Users beginning with an A are 18.5x more likely to be quality posters because I stopped after the first page.

crojipjip

Developer
Übermensch
"And most of the idiots aren't that smart (prosper and Andhaira don't even try different accounts). You are literally just one, and you're not causing many problems. Or any for that matter. Other than a bunch of reports from time to time... which we'll deal with. Eventually. When you do finally get around to doing something "bad enough" that I care."

Us andhairas and us prospers aren't that kind of smart. we aren't that smart. if we were too smart one of a man would wonder why you aren't destroyed. what is literal is that you are vague. what is the matter, is if there is no problem, why engage? but he has not caused a problem. the problem is when can you say he has based on a particular behavior made you care. you seem limited. you could point out that you are not for you do not care yet, but what is the proof but to ban? all is the language. a very very burtation tonight.

DraQ

Arcane
I like how you go out of your way to prove, time and time again, that you're a pathetic subhuman vermin who should be shot in the head in front of a ditch.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

DraQ

Arcane

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
God Running Fox is a cunt. Is he a new poster or some old fag that's trying to get back in?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
what kind of images did running fox link to? I am not going to click that shit

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
les hermanos del mehico son nos traisionar

i am playing with the idea of learning spanish... fuck grammar though...

hey DraQ
assburger furry larper :rofl:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Could posters that abuse the few semi-serious devs that come on here(obviously not Subbassman or Dogma7) get bans or some such?

I know it's all Kool to call every dev that dares to show up here a 'cocksucking motherfucker snake oil peddler' but it kind of fucks up the chance to actually give food for thought for these people or try and understand why they are making the particular design decisions that they are. I'm talking specifically about the Banner Saga guy...he was here, people were being hard but fair etc. then some faggot shows up and 'hurr you are fucker' and the dev pisses off. RPGCodex again earns its reputation as a place for angry retards and another developer joins the avoid RPGCodex cue.

Yeah posted this here cause it should be a Codex 2.0 rule or something to not blindly abuse devs, at least not until they really become fuckwads or show no inclination of listening to our fucking quality posts.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
from the looks of it the banner saga guy wasn't exactly on the way to having a long time relationship with the codex via his games anyway, and what worthwhile developer pisses off and tells others 'they said I was fucker' when it was clearly one anomalous post among several constructive ones most of which he did not address in any way shape or form

Cassidy

Arcane
then some faggot shows up and 'hurr you are fucker' and the dev pisses off.

Big fucking deal. Grow a thicker skin or gtfo.

First criticizing devs harshly became END OF RINE, and I didn't speak up because I'm not into that.
Then criticizing devs in any form became END OF RINE, and I didn't speak up because I couldn't bother.
Then posting lulz in GD became END OF RINE, and I didn't speak up because I no longer posted lulz in GD
Then the END OF RINE came for me, and there was nobody left to speak up.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
How about the Codex stays the one site about RPGs where you can speak your mind and not get banned? If you can't ignore the occasional idiot, stay on the PG-13 side of the internet where you belong. If you let the deranged rantings of an autistic man posting from an Eastern European basement get under your skin, this is the wrong place for you.

"Oh joy, a dev is posting! Everyone stop saying swear words and mind your manners!" Doesn't seem very Codexian to me...

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
then some faggot shows up and 'hurr you are fucker' and the dev pisses off.

Big fucking deal. Grow a thicker skin or gtfo.

First criticizing devs harshly became END OF RINE, and I didn't speak up because I'm not into that.
Then criticizing devs in any form became END OF RINE, and I didn't speak up because I couldn't bother.
Then posting lulz in GD became END OF RINE, and I didn't speak up because I no longer posted lulz in GD
Then the END OF RINE came for me, and there was nobody left to speak up.
What warranted this anti-semitic response? That's not cool man, no one even mentioned religion here

:troll:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
How about the Codex stays the one site about RPGs where you can speak your mind and not get banned? If you can't ignore the occasional idiot, stay on the PG-13 side of the internet where you belong. If you let the deranged rantings of an autistic man posting from an Eastern European basement get under your skin, this is the wrong place for you.

"Oh joy, a dev is posting! Everyone stop saying swear words and mind your manners!" Doesn't seem very Codexian to me...

Yeah like it was so fucking great before with every second post a troll post or shitty one liner. Man, those 400 Andhaira, Bryce and Liberal alts were fucking great, weren't they? Why did big bad DU ban them all when they were just speaking their mind???

If you want to swear go out to the fucking playground and use all the naughty words you can. You'll be a hit with all the kiddies who giggle at the sound of 'poo' and 'wee wee'.

from the looks of it the banner saga guy wasn't exactly on the way to having a long time relationship with the codex via his games anyway, and what worthwhile developer pisses off and tells others 'they said I was fucker' when it was clearly one anomalous post among several constructive ones most of which he did not address in any way shape or form

Isn't that what I was just saying? That tearing into devs should be fair game if they fail to respond, but at a higher level than "you're a fucker, cunt!" which just gives the justification and moral high ground to the evasive fucker in the end.

"Oh, the Codex..."(cue rolling eyes) is what comes of such things in the end. Any wonder that every POS site is taken more seriously than this one regarding RPG's?

Know ye what happens when we get an occasional necro of some old thread where a developer talks to the Codex? The first few posts are invariably of incredulity that developers once talked to us!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom