Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 7

Martius

Liturgist
I doubt it will be RE7 unless they finally learned how to manage budget or still had some profits from Monster Hunter 4 sales. Or it could be, just on ios.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Hey crapcom

Dragon's Dogma PC version!

Dragon's Dogma 2!

Stop being fucking cunt and do it already!

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
4th one is good, 5th one is OK-ish when co-opped, 6th one is medicore at its best. (and I'm being generous)

So 7th will be beyond shit if they continue to follow this patern.

And yeah, just release Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for PC with some mod support...

spekkio

Arcane
WTF? Code Veronica is the last classic title of the Resident Evil. You've got all the parts of the gameplay, moody atmoshpere and cheesy but good enough plot to see the ending credits.
I can't stand the characters (fucking Steve and tranny Alfred), shitty 3D backgrounds and the single worst voice acting EVAR. Locations are boring as fuck (LOL, arctic station, the fuck is this shit) and story is even more retarded than usal. Meh.
The last classic game in series is RE0 (and RE1 Remake).
I'm playing RE4 ATM and it's a fucking abomination, both as RE game and a shooter.

:rpgcodex:

Duraframe300

Arcane
WTF? Code Veronica is the last classic title of the Resident Evil. You've got all the parts of the gameplay, moody atmoshpere and cheesy but good enough plot to see the ending credits.
I can't stand the characters (fucking Steve and tranny Alfred), shitty 3D backgrounds and the single worst voice acting EVAR. Locations are boring as fuck (LOL, arctic station, the fuck is this shit) and story is even more retarded than usal. Meh.
I'm playing RE4 ATM and it's a fucking abomination, both as RE game and a shooter.

Even if you think that way.

Survivor is still way, waaaaaaaaaay worse.

spekkio

Arcane

Even if you think that way.
Survivor is still way, waaaaaaaaaay worse.
Do you realy think anybody cares about some shitty spin-off, Capcom included?
It's like saying that this is the worst game in X-com series. "Yeah, well - whatever".
What about RE - Gaider, how does it compare to RE2 - I'm really interested.

:roll:

:smug:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Outbreak was alright, but I think people vastly overestimate how successful it was. Actually heard some people trying to argue that if Resident Evil 4 didn't happen, Outbreak File #3 would've been released and single-handedly revived the series. It wasn't made because File #2 was shit, and sold like shit.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Steve was a whiny metrosexual pussy, but he did his duty and served as a good closure for endgame. Alfred isn't a Tyrant or Nemesis, rather quirky character. First, original game had terrible voice acting too (Chris for example, it's like someone was reading from a page to a microphone). I'm curious about the remake. I'm curious if they changed some things for both playthroughs. And no, RE 4 is fine game, it's only weakness is button-awesome qte segments. I really hated them.

Ermm

Erudite
If I remember correctly, it was already said that the main decision for RE4 action focus was because RE games for gamecube (aka ''NINTENDO SHITCUBE'') didn't met Capcom's sales expectations.

Hail to the king

hqdefault.jpg

BTW guys, first Devil May Cry was first supposed to be RE4, until they completely reworked it into an entirely new setting. Yes, Dante was supposed to be an RE character. French cop if I remember correctly.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Looks more like Condemned than RE. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm just glad they moved away from this insipid 3rd-person shooter stuff.

There will be substantially more news coming on Saturday and Sunday.

Mozg

Arcane
Actually, they did. The reason is called Resident Evil: Revelations.

For some reason I had absolutely no idea at all that this exists, thanks!

It was originally a game for one of the portables I think, but there's a PC version with better textures. Even has a demo on Steam.

Capcom does same-engine reused asset RE slamdunk sidegames and gives them very little advertising. Revelations 1 is RE5, and there's a Revelations 2 they built from RE6.

I think RE1 (and HD remake is the best version) and RE4 are the best Resident Evils by a large margin, so doing another heavy gameplay change that probably puts all the old stupid Resident Evil continuity in the far background seems like a good idea.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

This is not Resident Evil!

And I don't care because this looks like a fucking awesome new game. RE had its run, I loved it, but it was time to put it to rest. This game seems more like a psychological horror.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Capcom already released the System Requirements early:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/418370/

MINIMUM
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
DirectX: Version 11
Additional Notes: 1080P CPU/GPU at 30FPS Players will have to either lower texture or set streaming textures to OFF in order to optimize performance. *Internet connection required for game activation. The game is still undergoing development, so all PC requirements are subject to change.

Advertisement
RECOMMENDED
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 280X or better
DirectX: Version 11
Additional Notes: “1080P CPU/GPU at 60FPS *Internet connection required for game activation. The game is still undergoing development, so all PC requirements are subject to change.”

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Why on earth do they recommend an i7 processor?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom