Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nosgoth - F2P multiplayer Legacy of Kain spinoff - CANCELLED

GreyViper

Prophet
Found this while browsing the net and hope its true. Guess time will the how it turns out.
Some potentially good news in the world of eternal grudges today, with more evidence of a new game in the Legacy of Kain series being unearthed. Buried in the driver files of a new patch to AMD's Crossfire program are several references to "War for Nosgoth" and "Nosgoth."

The files were spotted by Eidos forum user Corlagon, via a tweet from an AMD employee. Kain fans will know that the game takes place in the realm of Nosgoth, and you may also recall that Square Enix registered the domain "WarForNosgoth.com" earlier this year.

Furthermore, SteamDB, which keeps records of Steams extensive database, logged the image above, again suggesting Kain and Raziel might return to go another round. As VGLeaks notes, the symbol in the image matches the configuration of the Pillars of Nosgoth,
nosgoth.jpg

Tytus

Arcane
Too much time passed for the game to have broadmartket appeal right now. So they will probably fuck the continuuity in the ass to make it more new customer friendly.

DeepOcean

Arcane
If it is true, this is going to be a cinematic popamole. They could , at least, don't make an emo Raziel and Kain.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If it is true, this is going to be a cinematic popamole. They could , at least, don't make an emo Raziel and Kain.
Raziel's eaten by the Reaver, so he should be safe (of course, Moebius showed us that time travel cures all). In any case the series time line is so fucked and the plot runs on the power of retcon, so anything goes really. After BO2 they would have to actually try to make a bigger mess of it.

PS if Kain turns out to be actually good, I'll burn Eidos.

Too much time passed for the game to have broadmartket appeal right now. So they will probably fuck the continuuity in the ass to make it more new customer friendly.

Yeah, this. Nothing is sacred anymore. But I would be lying if I said that I wasn't at least curious.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Those games are the only games where I wanted to die for fuck's sake instead of backtracking. But I kinda started to like it.
If Square Enix manages to revive the title without making it too popamole, it would be good.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They're going to fuck up the story (once again, see BO2 as an example) and let's be honest, the gameplay was always kind of forgettable and the games were carried by the (horribly convoluted) story and characters. Also Tony Jay is dead.

Zeriel

Arcane
Always felt the series was carried by the (seriously amazing) voice-acting, myself. It's really the only series in which I feel voice-acting makes sense and makes the games better, and a huge signpost to how VA-intensive games should be done if you're going to go down into that pit of vipers.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And in case of the original Blood Omen and Soul Reaver 1 (and to a lesser degree 2) the gameplay was also very good.

But yea, inb4raep (most likely no one of the people involved with Blood Omen or the sequels will be involved)

Zeriel

Arcane
I do miss the original Blood Omen gameplay. Original top-down Zelda gameplay grafted to a dark setting and story was delicious, and a really unexplored genre outside of SNES jrpgs.

Vaarna_Aarne

I do miss the original Blood Omen gameplay. Original top-down Zelda gameplay grafted to a dark setting and story was delicious, and a really unexplored genre outside of SNES jrpgs.
BO also had a very large number of interesting spells you could just fuck around with, like Control Mind, Spirit Wrack or Hate.

Zeriel

Arcane
BO also had a very large number of interesting spells you could just fuck around with, like Control Mind, Spirit Wrack or Hate.

Yeah, it was definitely a hard act to follow. Compared to typical Zelda-likes, it had an absurd number of items and spells to collect.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well Defiance did end up in a way open for sequels. Raziel's story concluded, but Kain's didn't.
They were planning on making a sequels, but that was quietly buried behind the scenes. Then Amy left for Naughty Dog to write Indiana Jones knock-off stories, so hopes for a real sequel are practically zero.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I kinda wonder what they could actually do with it aside from now infamous reboots or "reimaginings". After all, it's not like you can directly continue the series that has five games under its belt and it's been... what, 10 years since the last game? I guess it could be worse, though. It could be a MOBA or an MMO.

Oh god, no.

DraQ

Arcane
Well Defiance did end up in a way open for sequels. Raziel's story concluded, but Kain's didn't.
They were planning on making a sequels, but that was quietly buried behind the scenes. Then Amy left for Naughty Dog to write Indiana Jones knock-off stories, so hopes for a real sequel are practically zero.
Yeah, but that's not because making sequels to plot heavy games is inherently disastrous, just because they don't have anyone who could possibly do it without screwing up.

Tytus

Arcane
I kinda wonder what they could actually do with it aside from now infamous reboots or "reimaginings". After all, it's not like you can directly continue the series that has five games under its belt and it's been... what, 10 years since the last game? I guess it could be worse, though. It could be a MOBA or an MMO.

Oh god, no.

In an ideal world they would just package the 5 previous game as a bonus for buying the new one and could continue the plot (with some plot summary in the game for people that still didn't play the five other games they got). But as it probably will be console-based they would have to port all of them to the new console which won't happen.

Vaarna_Aarne

Oh god, no.

In an ideal world they would just package the 5 previous game as a bonus for buying the new one and could continue the plot (with some plot summary in the game for people that still didn't play the five other games they got). But as it probably will be console-based they would have to port all of them to the new console which won't happen.
Nah, not the case. So far both Blood Omen and Soul Reaver have been released on the PSN (and LIVE, I think), so that's not an obstacle. The real obstacle is one we are all familiar with:

:keepmyjewgold:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom