Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Rumour] Red Dead Redemption Remastered PC version incoming ?

Astral Rag

Arcane
Red Dead Redemption Remastered Rumoured For PC
By Alice O'Connor on September 6th, 2016 at 10:37 am

I should warn you: Ian Video Games is wearing a cowboy hat. Worse: he’s saying things like “ah fair reckon”. Someone’s filled his head with dreams of Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption [official site], and ah fair reckon it’s you, The Internet. As ever with our Ian, some of what he’s spouting is tripe. No, Ian, no one has found a poster revealing a new Red Dead sequel. However, when Ian says “I tell you whut, them Rockstar varmints are cookin’ up a PC remaster of Red Dead Redemption hoo-eee doggie!” then spits a brown mouthful of ‘chaw’ (it’s toffee), well, that hasn’t been immediately disproven at least.

Red Dead Redemption, to explain to folks who may well have missed it, is Rockstar San Diego’s open-world gunslinger ’em up set in the wicky Wild Wild wicky wicky Wild wicky Wild wicky wicky Wild Wild Wild West – it’s Grand Theft Auto with horses. It’s a cracking game! Maybe even my favourite Rockstar game? But its original release in 2010 only hit Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and Rockstar gave unhelpful answers as to why we never saw it on PC. Boo. Onto the rumours!

Korean site Game Focus has word of a rumour that Red Dead Redemption is being revamped for re-release on PC and those there new consoles. They say they expect it’ll be announced at Sony’s PlayStation Meeting event on Wednesday, then launch in the first half of 2017. Game Focus seem to give no firm sources so it might be a load of tosh. Their focus on Asian localisations specifically does make it seem a touch more substantial than the usual Red Dead rumours but yeah, this could be nonsense.

It wouldn’t be without precedent, mind. Plenty of publishers are fancying up their hits from the last console generation for re-release on new systems, including others within Rockstar’s parent company Take Two. 2K have a remastered collection of BioShocks coming out next week.

What’s definitely tosh is the poster going round for a sequel to Redemption, supposedly named Red Dead Retribution. Nah mate, that’s a mockup a fan made and sent to Rockstar. Oh Ian, you excitable little cowpoke!

I would be jolly pleased to see Red Dead Redemption on PC. I adored its condensed wild frontier, ranging from Mexico across the great plains to the forested Rockies. It’s set in the dying days of the Wild West, starring John Marston, a former outlaw turned family man who gets drafted by The Man to wipe out his fellow relics. It’s surprisingly touching at times too. Nice/sad little note in being able to permanently wipe out its herd of buffalo. Fun shootyshoots and all. Got a fun spot of Weird West in its ‘Undead Nightmare’ DLC too.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption/red-dead-redemption-remake-rumoured
https://www.vg247.com/2016/09/05/red-dead-redemption-remaster-to-be-announced-this-week-rumour/
http://wccftech.com/red-dead-redemption-hd-rumored-announced-shortly-pcps4xb1/
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/red-dead-redemption/news/red_dead_redemption_hd,44952,3302141.html

I hope they add a first person camera and make the game mod-friendly. I want to be Al Swearengen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Such a pretentious article from RockPaperShitgun, as usual. Look at all that rubbish at the start.

As for RDR, it is one of the better console games I've played and it does deserve a PC release, but there's been so many rumours and bullshitting I'll only believe it when I see it. It would be an excellent troll if it was an announcement for RDR 2, for consoles only, as Makabb said.

Riskbreaker

At this point, one can recognize a RPS article after a sentence or two even if article's origin/author weren't specified.
They really do have one of most annoying and unfunny brands of self-referential hipster humor.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Ahnx

Educated
https://www.inverse.com/gaming/red-dead-redemption-remake-remaster-release-date
Twitter user Budzcario seemingly claims that a Red Dead Redemption “remaster” will launch for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on November 17, 2023. Budzcario says that Rockstar will reveal the game in August 2023, ahead of its release this fall. The tweet isn’t explicitly clear at first, but further replies contextually suggest that this fall release date is in reference to Red Dead Redemption.
Former IGN editor Colin Moriarty has also said he’s heard a Red Dead Redemption remaster will be announced soon (via GamingRoute).

“I can say I have seen confirmation that this is real,” Moriarty said on an episode of the Sacred Symbols podcast. “Maybe even imminently with an announcement in August.”

Ahnx

Educated

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Just consoom product because you'll eat the bugs, own nothing, and live in a pod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom