Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Runemaster, Norse-themed randomized sandbox tactical RPG from Paradox - CANCELLED

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Wow it's another Civ5 lookalike.
Has gaming really declined so much that hex based wargames are now "Civ5 lookalikes"?
:decline:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, when can I move this thread to Strategy Gaming? :smug:

Come on, Paradox, who are you kidding.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Wow it's another Civ5 lookalike.
Has gaming really declined so much that hex based wargames are now "Civ5 lookalikes"?
:decline:

It only got popular after Civ5, so, yeah. You can also be sure that combat plays as decadently as Civ5 does. I'll be very surprised if it has something as simple as flanking or any kind of tactical elements beyond standing on elevations gives your enemies a damage malus.

Answermancer

Educated
I'll be very surprised if it has something as simple as flanking or any kind of tactical elements beyond standing on elevations gives your enemies a damage malus.

Why? Even "strategy RPGs" like Final Fantasy Tactics represent flanking in some way.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
That looks nice,I hope it doesn't come with 500 dlcs like most of their games

Looks good. I'm down for a random-generated King's Bounty.
This is exactly what I'm hoping for. Also, if what she is saying is true, the world will be malleable to your decisions which differ from the incredibly static world of King's Bounty.

Edit: Considering it is a paradox game the metal may break under stress....

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
First of all Norse mythology is freaking awesome, we need more games set around those mythos, and by looking at this gamescom demo game is looking really promising, two of my favourite genres mixed together...

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Either way, Humanity is making the right point. The only time norse mythology makes sense is when you want your audience to yawn uncontrollably and wish they were anywhere else. I'm not playing this game because it has a norse theme, that's the bottom line. The only way it could get worse is if you made it a caveman game where the people are equipped with nothing but sticks and stones.

Malaphusis

Literate
attachment.php

The interface is so beautiful and crisp with lots of delicious info/feedback...can't beat that Paradox/Crusader Kings II aesthetic. I want to click the (mouse, not console) buttons sooooo bad!

Last edited:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
From what I can see it does cover mouse, tablet and pad without any changes needed. Hover/long tap/select button to see additional info on the stats and that's pretty much it.

I loathe pointy top hexes tho, flat top is the way to go.

Perkel

Arcane
The Nordic mythology theme is corny and annoying as hell.

YEP and that was before Skyrim shit.

First of all Norse mythology is freaking awesome, we need more games set around those mythos, and by looking at this gamescom demo game is looking really promising, two of my favourite genres mixed together...

Nope. It is fucking bad. If anything developer should do proper Norse men game without shitty thors helmets with horns (which is total BS) hammer and axes (which is also total bs).

You start in a village and you rape and pillage fallowed by raping and pillaging.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think The Banner Saga was good. Even if they did their own thing with the mythology. Valkyrie Profile also has an interesting interpretation of the mythology.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
The game and especially the UI look beautiful but stylistically I don't think this is going to be something I really enjoy.

Hopefully you can turn off the giant quest markers. Otherwise, the game looks surprisingly good, interface looks polished, tactical battles also look neat (shit, I really would have liked to see such battles in Crusader Kings 2). Looking forward towards it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom