Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline RYSE of the no-QTE QTEs

Dexter

Arcane

Is this the future of gaming? Discuss!

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Fuck gameplay. I want to be a dancing Centurion!

fatsosdancingaiuch.gif

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I can't wait for this shit to bomb... or become the trend setter for the next generation. "Watch these 6 hour long CGI movies with button prompts giving the illusion of audience agency.

dunno lah

Arcane
More like RYSE of the no-QTE QTEs. By the way, what is mkting blurb gonna be for this?

2013 has been quite the year so far...

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
M$ really should trademark the term 'Xboned', and use it in a marketing slogan. "Buy our version of CoD and be the first of your friends to be Xboned!"

Baron

Arcane
Is this the future of gaming? Discuss!
Ryse looks magnificent. And kudos to the company for developing a game, not about zombies, but for the zombies themselves.

Still, it looks magnificent. Definitely high on RPGWatch's 2013 RPGs of the Year.

Some quotes from the walk thru interview with the designer and the caucasian hobgoblin.
"There will always be a button prompt. And actually, what we found through prototyping is that having voice running all the time doesn't feel good for core gamers. You want to know when you're going say- when you have to say this line, so it still requires a button prompt."

"So if you're playing through a level and you miss a hidden secret -and, you know, I'm a crazy collector so- the game just tells you, "Hey, there's a hidden secret around here."
- PJ Esteves, Crytek Design Director, on taking a dump on replayabilty.

Whilst it smarts a little bit, that so much effort has gone into something so advanced in alzheimer's, I'm a big believer in reviewing products for the demographic in which they were intended and the Xbox is a platform solely for gamers to enjoy either drunk or stoned. Anyway, in the spirit of SCO, there is only one thing left to do.

Ignores Crytek.

Borelli

Arcane
So the game has trilimilibiliion polygons but every single barbarian looks the same?:roll:
D-day landings? Ramirez Quickus Timeus Eventus capture that tower!
AAA? Moar like AAAARGH get it off me!

Repressed Homosexual
Call of Duty: Rome with even more QTEs, no skill required to press buttons, and a spoiler function built-in. This actually makes Heavenly Sword look intelligent and deep in comparison.

This is beyond horrible. And you can't even rent it to see if it's decent or not.

And I knew with the popularity of Game of Thrones that we would see a huge rise of over the top grimdark fantasy with scenes of brutality and extreme violence and gore. Every designer and executive is going to demand to include these sorts of features, get ready for it.

circ

Arcane
This showed promise too. Not that I would touch it with a ten foot pole but still. Something innovative. Turns out coding is hard as fuck for retards and they defaulted to another third person action schlong.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Maybe Microsoft has a "Springtime for Hitler" thing going on, where they'll make more money if their games and consoles don't sell. It's the only explanation that makes any sense.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That whole demo was just excruciatingly bad, and I say that as someone who still gets some random enjoyment from modern games here and there. I was just amazed that they thought that was an epic, amazing demo they should headline their show with. Total disconnect.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Real question is, Why the hell would romans land in omaha beach?

Edit:Second one: Shield that is protecting top of PC in turtle formation. Where did that came from, how is that possible?
Edit 2: Third one: When did romans invented walkie-talkie?
Edit 3: Last one: Why am i asking these questions for an obviously retarded game.

dunno lah

Arcane
Popamolers' knowledge of movies are only limited to Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom