Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Alpha Released

DeepOcean

Arcane
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/s-t-a...-conversion-with-new-features-releases-today/

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/features/lost-alpha-faq

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/downloads

http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=5770

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha – Major Total Conversion With New Features – Releases Today [UPDATE]

STALKER fans, here is something special for you today. The dezowave group will today release a new mod for the first STALKER title, called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha. As its description reads, this mod aims to bring back to life the old design and atmosphere of the STALKER build that was shown back in 2002.

Here is what the dezowave group had to say about this mod when it was originally announced:

“Lost Alpha addon is not just about levels and levels. We will try to make a somewhat, but not fully restricted alife, and deliver a lot of new, never seen features, among with some old ones, which many people wanted to see for long.”

To put it simple: this a Total Conversion of STALKER that brings a lot of new features to the table. From new weapons to new areas and from drivable cars to NPC AI enhancements.

The mod is being currently uploaded to ModDB and a torrent of it will be shared in a couple of minutes (you can download the torrent fromhere). Until then, you can read its FAQ here.

Gord

Arcane
Great to see it released.

How buggy is it currently?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
According to word of dez0 (creator) - you can finish it.
That's enough for me*, hope there will be more updates but least those required new game. Actually, I could wait some time and wait for some fixes, got some stuff to do. Maybe play till second map (Garbage) but that's all.

And boy - mod looks phenomenal. Last time that kind of graphical impression happened with Zone of Alienation (btw. week ago was released new version ) and much earlier - Crysis.

Pity that they didn't made it day earlier, on Chernobyl anniversary.

*still bitter after playing Sigerous Mods 2.x for CoP, where you need beat the game to visit new locations yet game broke more and more with your progress...

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
How buggy is it currently?

It runs smooth on my 2008 i7, much smoother than STALKER Complete. Loading times are also a lot shorter.

Sadly seemingly random crashes to desktop occur frequently, the game also crashes when trying to access contact page in PDA.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Too buggy for me to want to play right now. On the other hand, it looks like some great mods have come out for SoC and CoP somewhat recently. Anyone have any recommendations?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Too buggy for me to want to play right now. On the other hand, it looks like some great mods have come out for SoC and CoP somewhat recently. Anyone have any recommendations?

Week ago there was upgrade for Zone of Alienation (SoC), fixed bugs but also one thing - you can install this mod on game in version 1.0006 which is basic for almost all mods (except AMK and based on it) whereas older version required 1.0004 or 1.0005.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/zone-of-alienation-mod
Everything is fragile but enemies have decent, noncheating AI. And it looks phenomenal.

There is also StalkerSoup but still in beta.

Also - there is hueg mod database

Finding the flash drive in the agroprom (or however it's spelled) underground is a bitch. Think I've been there for like 12 hours in-game time now... heh.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
Finding the flash drive in the agroprom (or however it's spelled) underground is a bitch. Think I've been there for like 12 hours in-game time now... heh.
it's in
a ventilation shaft with a broken cover, you need to stand on a TROLLEY to reach it

easily the most annoying thing till now. apperantly mole gives you another hint, but he died in my game.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Cool, might have to give this a try soon, been awhile since I played STALKER or something in that vein.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Internet failed during work. Have to restart download.

All I have is vodka in plastic bottle.

Estimated finish in 5 hours.

Black raven...black raven...circling above the grave.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Improve? It's separate but in nutshell - that's how Shadow of Chernobyl would looks like if not the dev's cuts. Especially flora's cuts:)

And lot (a lot) of flora - grass is bigger, more bushes and trees. From tactical point of view it's worse because it's not Far Cry where enemies don't see you bushwanking near them.
Changes in quests - you have same quests but different execution. Locations

And most important - everything is bigger. Like seriously - walking between location is longer.
Anomalies are not single point where you loose some health, it's group of strange phenomenoms.

Have to restart download.
Why you restart torrent?

Played some hour or two. Still in Cordon. I like the begining where sawed-off shotgun in CQ own everything and who shot first - won. And luckly mutants die from one buckshot so my score for LA increased to "over 9000". Yeah, I really hate bullet sponges...
Funny how random quests work. Sidorowich give you trivial quests like "kill fleshes" or "bring eye of the fleshes". So I collected bunch of flesh eyes and use save/load combination to get quests with "bring eye of the fleshes". Free moniez. Already got black jacket and kalashnikov. Buckle up, going to Garbage.

Also - after saving Fox in 2nd mission he can repair your stuff. It's bugged and I found solution - drop all item to drawer/wardrobe near Sidorowich except that one you want to repair. Go, repair and get all items back or choose other item to repair.
And yeah, upgrading items a'la Clear Sky doesn't work at all.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Though my only somewhat big complaint I (and a few other people here, I noticed) have is that it suffers from the general mod problem of trying to bring everything back, even if it's to the active detriment of the game. As it stands zombies are bullet sponges who simply aren't enjoyable to fight and aren't enough of a threat to warrant taking a half dozen headshots to kill, and rats are just annoying little bastards who're often impossible to spot in the dense foliage of the areas you encounter them in.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anyone found legit person who can repair and upgrade your stuff? And who pay best for artifacts? Like the profesor in the bunker in Yantar (vanilia SoC).
Already went to Agroprom, saved Mole group and got helluwa stuff to sell. Gee....

Last edited:

Whisky

The Solution
Pretty good mod. Mostly it's the small changes, the slight differences from the released game, that make this interesting. There's a lot of grass now and the Zone is a bit brighter than I'm used to for Shadow of Chernobyl, but overall it seems pretty great.

And Fox actually isn't doomed to die in this one. Always killed me, how you save him and then he sits around like a goon for the dogs to respawn and kill him. It's never fun seeing a Green Dot Stalker die.

EDIT: Just had my first blowout. Good times.

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Did the change the ambient track from SoC in Lost Alpha? SoC still had the best ambient track because of the odd scream echoing across the waste here and there and that constant mysterious humming.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Found fix (propably working) for upgrading stuff - you need to switch game resolution till you find that good one.

Went from Garbage to Bar - game crashed. Solution? Go to game folder, find configuration file, change "render_render 1" to "render_render2" which load more textures (?) and no crashes.
Game not only looks ugly then, but also loading times are longer and work slower.

You need to move around, there is some passage. I found some nice artifact during my wandering here.

Last edited:
Hah, I can't make it into the proper bar area because there's nobody around to open the gate and the gate itself cannot be opened by me.

Still having fun though!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Is there a mod that eliminates respawning and introduces viable stealth ?

Whisky

The Solution
Anyone found legit person who can repair and upgrade your stuff? And who pay best for artifacts? Like the profesor in the bunker in Yantar (vanilia SoC).
Already went to Agroprom, saved Mole group and got helluwa stuff to sell. Gee....

I managed to get Fox to upgrade my Toz-34 once, but it involved dark magic and I'm not sure how I got it to be clickable. Couldn't get it to work with the AK-74 though.

Found fix (propably working) for upgrading stuff - you need to switch game resolution till you find that good one.

Oh? What resolution are you using? I'm using 1920 x 1080.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I managed to get Fox to upgrade my Toz-34 once, but it involved dark magic and I'm not sure how I got it to be clickable. Couldn't get it to work with the AK-74 though.

Oh? What resolution are you using? I'm using 1920 x 1080.

AK74 is not upgradeable and Stalker Suit make problems with anything.
Resolution? Welp, I found that I was playing on 1024x768, despite the native desktop one - 1920 x 1080.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom